What's new

College Football *2015*

Fish, not sure what role conferences play in discipline. Obviously, it was Whitt's call to kick Domo off the team, as well as to bring him back. I do think BYU joined a governing body that oversees stuff like that but my best guess is maybe they only get involved when the deem the school isn't punishing players on their own accord?

Thanks for the response.
The domo thing was off the field though so it doesn't tie into the discussion of how conferences discipline on the field things.
As for the governing body that byu may or may not be apart of, maybe they are not allowed to weigh in for on field discipline related things when they apply to themselves as there would be obvious bias issues. I have no idea if that's the case but it would make sense imo

Still, thanks for the response.

FWIW, Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala said that BYU players would punch him in the nuts at the bottom of every post-tackle pile. It was the only game of the year he had to wear that kind of protection.

In other words, this is a time-honored BYU tradition. Maybe they think they're doing God's justice on the evil seed of the Gentile?

Utah State 20, Utah 17, Aug. 31, 1996, Logan — Utah came in as heavy favorites, having not lost in Logan since 1983, but John L. Smith found his usual magic against the Utes. Abu Wilson outplayed Utah star Chris Fuamatu Ma’afala, outgaining him 144 yards to 49 and scored the winning touchdown with 7:43 left. The Utes came back with a chance to tie the game and force overtime, but Daniel Pulsipher’s 44-yard try with 1:32 left was wide right. After the game, the Utes accused the Aggies of grabbing Fuamatu Ma’afala in the groin area and had video evidence to prove it. Meanwhile, Smith denied any premeditation by his defenders, saying, “This isn’t figure skating.’’

Apparently everyone was punching and grabbing Chris in the groin area. Maybe it was a him problem, or you got the team wrong?

FWIW, Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala said that BYU players would punch him in the nuts at the bottom of every post-tackle pile. It was the only game of the year he had to wear that kind of protection.

In other words, this is a time-honored BYU tradition. Maybe they think they're doing God's justice on the evil seed of the Gentile?

lol

Pretty sure that's a Charlton Heston quote. I could hear his voice as i read it.

Apparently everyone was punching and grabbing Chris in the groin area. Maybe it was a him problem, or you got the team wrong?

If you're looking to cast doubt on what I'm saying, then you'll find so many creases that it isn't worth getting into it further. It's interesting, though, that Daniel Pulsipher is named in that blurb. He's married to one of the closest friends I had growing up, and it was through him and Coach Anderson (a good friend of my dad's) that I had good access to the Utes during those years. ...Let's just go ahead and say that what I'm saying about Chris is well corroborated.

Cool! I'll bet you have tons of videos you can post of this and it's not just tough guy talk about that one time you played pee wee football and heard rumors about all the stuff that happens in piles.

No, I just know tons of friends or acquaintances who played everywhere from D1 to D3 football and they told me it happens all the time in piles.

If you're looking to cast doubt on what I'm saying, then you'll find so many creases that it isn't worth getting into it further. It's interesting, though, that Daniel Pulsipher is named in that blurb. He's married to one of the closest friends I had growing up, and it was through him and Coach Anderson (a good friend of my dad's) that I had good access to the Utes during those years. ...Let's just go ahead and say that what I'm saying about Chris is well corroborated.

Good for Anderson and Sitake but I gotta say as much as the pac-12 has tried to force me to hate Colorado it hasn't worked but I'm learning to hate Oregon state. They are just starting to rebuild and I shouldn't be lookin forward to that game but I am, I so very much am.

I really don't doubt he felt that way, just as I don't doubt you feel the way you feel.

I just wanted to point out that even if true that BYU players have done that and do that it is by no means the exception in college football, let alone Utah. The Ute players do more than their fair share of dirty plays and I have heard from too numerous to count college football players that mention that crazy stuff happens in the piles, with everyone.

My quote there was two fold, either you got the team confused between Utah State and BYU, or it just happened that there was another team known to have punched at Ma'afala's junk. Either way your argument that it's something BYU players have a monopoly is flawed. Also understandable though with your red glasses on.

We all know BYU still matters to Ute fans.

I really don't doubt he felt that way, just as I don't doubt you feel the way you feel.

I just wanted to point out that even if true that BYU players have done that and do that it is by no means the exception in college football, let alone Utah. The Ute players do more than their fair share of dirty plays and I have heard from too numerous to count college football players that mention that crazy stuff happens in the piles, with everyone.

My quote there was two fold, either you got the team confused between Utah State and BYU, or it just happened that there was another team known to have punched at Ma'afala's junk. Either way your argument that it's something BYU players have a monopoly is flawed. Also understandable though with your red glasses on.

We all know BYU still matters to Ute fans.

please show me where I said they had a monopoly on it.

I've only said that BYU has a reputation for this kind of behavior.

Are there are dirty things that happen in piles? Yes. Do some teams have a reputation for certain kinds of dirty play? Yes. Is BYU the only team after the knob and bollocks? No.

please show me where I said they had a monopoly on it.

I've only said that BYU has a reputation for this kind of behavior.

Are there are dirty things that happen in piles? Yes. Do some teams have a reputation for certain kinds of dirty play? Yes. Is BYU the only team after the knob and bollocks? No.

The bold items from the quote sure give off the idea that the BYU game was the only game. You make it sound like it's something BYU coaches and seeks after, and coming right after the other statement definitely leads to my monopoly comment even if exaggerated for your benefit.

*shrug

I don't really care for an extended argument, just pointing out what appeared to be a flawed and prejudiced idea. Forgive me for understanding your statements in a way other than you intended.

Also, I wish we could move past this whole idea that insinuating BYU is a dirty team is just Ute Fan driven hyperbole. Hell, even I can admit that Ute fans will probably be the loudest bunch on the subject, but yesterday alone, guys like Danny Kannell and Michael Wilbon took BYU to task on the ESPN airwaves. It's obviously moved beyond rivalry smack talk. But then again, maybe the UofU has illuminati like power and is behind all of this.

And Doug Gottlieb, Sally Jesse Raphael, Phil Donahue, Oprah, Jerry Springer, Montel Williams, and Ricki Lake say it was no big deal. Who cares what any of these guys think? They've got hours upon hours of shows to fill. Blab away - it doesn't mean anything. Tom Brady breaks a toe nail and they talk about it.

BYU has done an awesome job of shutting the media out of the discipline process the past few years though. They address it once and tell everybody to get lost if they don't like it. Anybody know specifically why Jamaal Willimas isn't playing this year? Not me, and it's none of my business. Don't care. I bet the Salt Lake Trib is in California jumping in his trash cans every day though....tapping his mom's phone.....trying to figure it out.

BYU probably kicked Ului's butt in some "gassers" drill yesterday and called it good. Perfect punishment.

And Doug Gottlieb, Sally Jesse Raphael, Phil Donahue, Oprah, Jerry Springer, Montel Williams, and Ricki Lake say it was no big deal. Who cares what any of these guys think? They've got hours upon hours of shows to fill. Blab away - it doesn't mean anything. Tom Brady breaks a toe nail and they talk about it.

BYU has done an awesome job of shutting the media out of the discipline process the past few years though. They address it once and tell everybody to get lost if they don't like it. Anybody know specifically why Jamaal Willimas isn't playing this year? Not me, and it's none of my business. Don't care. I bet the Salt Lake Trib is in California jumping in his trash cans every day though....tapping his mom's phone.....trying to figure it out.

BYU probably kicked Ului's butt in some "gassers" drill yesterday and called it good. Perfect punishment.
Let's put it this way. Jamaal Williams, potentially the top RB in BYU history, and going into the year, the starter at the weakest position on the team, was suspended for the entire year for something millions of college kids do everyday (that's your hint, Duck) Yet, Bronco is too soft on suspensions.

Let's put it this way. Jamaal Williams, potentially the top RB in BYU history, and going into the year, the starter at the weakest position on the team, was suspended for the entire year for something millions of college kids do everyday (that's your hint, Duck) Yet, Bronco is too soft on suspensions.

Isn't the honor code an all encompassing standard for every BYU student, and once broken, evaluation and punishment are put before a board?

Not sure I have that right, but if that's the case, that doesn't sound like a decision for Bronco to make, and seems like and apples-to-oranges comparison when it comes to Bronco's role in discipline for in-game actions.

Isn't the honor code an all encompassing standard for every BYU student, and once broken, evaluation and punishment are put before a board?

Not sure I have that right, but if that's the case, that doesn't sound like a decision for Bronco to make, and seems like and apples-to-oranges comparison when it comes to Bronco's role in discipline for in-game actions.
Sometimes, but this was a Bronco punishment for violation of team rules.

^weak

are we supposed to care if Bronco gets credit for the suspension? Can we talk about on-the-field stuff now? tia
The most recent example? BYU's most explosive defensive player, Sione Takitaki, after being suspended by Bronco v Nebraska, missed most of the second half against Boise for a cheap shot on the Boise QB.

But hey, if the false narrative that winning is all that matters, and BYU players can get away with murder and still play makes you all feel better, carry on. It's actually quite comical, tbh.

The most recent example? BYU's most explosive defensive player, Sione Takitaki, after being suspended by Bronco v Nebraska, missed most of the second half against Boise for a cheap shot on the Boise QB.

But hey, if the false narrative that winning is all that matters, and BYU players can get away with murder and still play makes you all feel better, carry on. It's actually quite comical, tbh.

BYU, where you can punch the knob, but not fellate.

Naos, where being a constant douche happens

Naos, where being a constant douche happens
While he didn't know it, that was NAOS waving the white flag "okay, I admit it, Bronco will sit players that may cost his team games, but gosh darn it, not for the reasons I think he should." NAOS isn't always playing with a full deck.