What's new

Collin Sexton SZN

I need him over 30 minutes a night though. I know we are trying to walk a tight rope with JC as well but it needs to happen.

I do wonder how much his efficiency is tied to lower minutes though. He expands so much energy while playing I wonder if his ideal minutes played is less than a typical player. Also, I generally think that smaller players have to play harder and so they are more prone to injuries with extended minutes.

Right now his minutes distribution is working, so I'm not sure if I would mess with it too much.

Sexton has total disregard for his body. He is full pedal to the metal. I think we have to protect Sexton from himself and limit his minutes so he has max effectiveness when he is out on the floor. I like the minute splits the way they are now.

I think you protect his minutes if we’re really onto something this year or if we were contending and could say that if it’s not broke, don’t fix it. Right now we’re way far away from “don’t rock the boat” and it’s so much more imperative to have a complete evaluation moving forward than whatever limited benefit we’re getting (or believe we’re getting) by keeping his efficiency high in less minutes. Also in part the same philosophy of why Hendricks needs to be playing.

Put me in the 30 minutes camp.

I think you protect his minutes if we’re really onto something this year or if we were contending and could say that if it’s not broke, don’t fix it. Right now we’re way far away from “don’t rock the boat” and it’s so much more imperative to have a complete evaluation moving forward than whatever limited benefit we’re getting (or believe we’re getting) by keeping his efficiency high in less minutes. Also in part the same philosophy of why Hendricks needs to be playing.

Good points

What is the rush? We have a beautiful thing right now that is working extremely well. Why not just keep letting the players keep stacking up positive experiences and take the development step by step?

His health may be the biggest benefit when it comes to limiting his minutes. He plays so hard that keeping him around 30 minutes a game could be key to keeping him fresh.
Yeah, I'm all for keeping Collin at the current kind of minutes. He's more likely to stay healthy, and he can play all his minutes at high intensity.

Wrong. There was also Hood, JR Smith, Kyle Korver, Channing Frye, Alec Burks, Matthew Dellavedova. They had plenty of none prospect type players. A vet isn’t someone that’s been in the league 10 or more years. And then there’s this.

You're wrong. Frye, JR and Korver played 36 & 16 & 11 games in Sexton's rookie season and were all gone after that. Hood had only played in 21 games for the LeBron Cavs and was gone after half a season. Dellavedova had played the last three seasons for the Bucks, not the Cavs. Burks never played for the LeBron Cavs.

Collin played four seasons for the Cavs. His rep with them wasn't simply from the November of his rookie year. And after that the only vets who match your theory of "upset that LeBron left" are Kevin Love and JC.

You're wrong. Frye, JR and Korver played 36 & 16 & 11 games in Sexton's rookie season and were all gone after that. Hood had only played in 21 games for the LeBron Cavs and was gone after half a season. Dellavedova had played the last three seasons for the Bucks, not the Cavs. Burks never played for the LeBron Cavs.

Collin played four seasons for the Cavs. His rep with them wasn't simply from the November of his rookie year. And after that the only vets who match your theory of "upset that LeBron left" are Kevin Love and JC.
Of course you didn’t read the link I pasted but none of that matters. Sexton didn’t have the support of his team and had an uphill battle to climb to start his professional career. Bottom line is he has that support structure in place he’s already getting better and will yet still improve and be a staple for this team for many years to come. We are winning right now largely on what he’s doing. Whether you like it or not he’s a fan-damn-tastic player live with it.

Of course you didn’t read the link I pasted but none of that matters. Sexton didn’t have the support of his team and had an uphill battle to climb to start his professional career. Bottom line is he has that support structure in place he’s already getting better and will yet still improve and be a staple for this team for many years to come. We are winning right now largely on what he’s doing. Whether you like it or not he’s a fan-damn-tastic player live with it.
I think Sexton got a bad rap when Love was real bitchy about him and displayed his bitchiness on the court. Not really veteran leadership there just showing a guy up.

Of course you didn’t read the link I pasted but none of that matters.
I did and I already knew about it. That's from one month into Collin's rookie season. He played for the Cavs for four years and had the same rep at the end (when he was traded to the Jazz).

The rep was earned. Not because he played with some angry vets for two months at the start of his NBA career. Or because Kevin Love decided to be nasty to him.

And I'm not saying Collin ever was a bad dude or an *******. He just happened to play very selfish basketball. Although I'm sure he has developed as a person as well.

Go back on this board and look at some of the things said about Collin last season. It wasn't all because we had some pre-conceived image of Collin being selfish and playing with blinders on - that's how he played for the Jazz as well to start with.

And now he himself has done a wonderful job of turning it around and a lot of credit goes to Hardy of course. I like this version of Collin, a lot. And he's by no means a finished product can only get even better in terms of when to get everyone else involved and when to be the "Young Bull" at 100mph.

I think it's more impressive that he's turned his game around, rather than simply changing the image of his game.

And the situation at some point with the Cavs was awful for a young player. See: John Beilein.

I did and I already knew about it. That's from one month into Collin's rookie season. He played for the Cavs for four years and had the same rep at the end (when he was traded to the Jazz).

The rep was earned. Not because he played with some angry vets for two months at the start of his NBA career. Or because Kevin Love decided to be nasty to him.

And I'm not saying Collin ever was a bad dude or an *******. He just happened to play very selfish basketball. Although I'm sure he has developed as a person as well.

Go back on this board and look at some of the things said about Collin last season. It wasn't all because we had some pre-conceived image of Collin being selfish and playing with blinders on - that's how he played for the Jazz as well to start with.

And now he himself has done a wonderful job of turning it around and a lot of credit goes to Hardy of course. I like this version of Collin, a lot. And he's by no means a finished product can only get even better in terms of when to get everyone else involved and when to be the "Young Bull" at 100mph.

I think it's more impressive that he's turned his game around, rather than simply changing the image of his game.

And the situation at some point with the Cavs was awful for a young player. See: John Beilein.

The rep was earned because he played for a bad team was forced into the role of scorer for the team. He was given a bad rap because he got no support from his team and wasn’t developed properly by his coaches. It was an awful situation to come into. He is now receiving support from his team and proper guidance and tough love from his coaches and already paying off. Not even a hater like you can deny the results after one year in this organization and he’s only getting better and already see his obviously bad rep changing

Trying to play with Sexton almost drove Love insane. Literally.
Love is a snowflake.
There are like 15 dudes in a roster. One of them almost went insane. Sounds like a one dude named Kevin love problem

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Love is a snowflake.
There are like 15 dudes in a roster. One of them almost went insane. Sounds like a one dude named Kevin love problem

Not almost insane. LITERALLY drove him insane. He had to be checked into a mental institution. We all remember it.

Not almost insane. LITERALLY drove him insane. He had to be checked into a mental institution. We all remember it.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there was more to his mental problems than Collin Sexton.

Love just hated how hard sexton worked and it made his lazy *** look bad