What's new

Come December, Trade with Knicks

Which Knick PF would you realistically want?

• Julius Randle

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Bobby Portis

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Marcus Morris Sr.

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Taj Gibson

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Another PF from another team (Who?)

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Riding with Royce and Jeff

Votes: 16 29.6%

• Total voters

Pastramiking

The Knicks are overloaded with Power Forwards and the Jazz are lacking any true PFs, beyond Jeff Green. Not sure the Jazz have the assets to land one, but one of them could be a missing piece for a deep playoff run. Come December 14, they all become available assets to trade (at least in theory).

Randle is probably the best, but his price tag will be the highest and so is his contract. He also doesn't necessarily have the shooting stroke the Jazz look for, but he provides a presence that the team is missing. He could play in the post or drive, allowing current Jazz ballhandlers and drivers to spot up on perimeter for some plays.

Portis has size and shooting. Utah was reportedly interested in him over the summer. His numbers and efficiency came down to earth this season after what he did with the Wizards last year, but that could be somewhat related to the Knicks as a team. In spite of his poor shooting, he is still rebounding well.

Morris has the toughness, playoff experience, and is putting up the best numbers in the group (18ppg/ 43% 3pt/ 82% FT). The Morris twins can be odd, but Marcus is on a one-year deal. He brings a lot of the fight that Crowder took with him, but also has better skills. He could have the perfect personality and shooting for a Jazz PF.

Gibson is a pass, especially for his contract number. As a minimum guy, he would be worth it.

Who you got and what would the Jazz have to give up to get him?

If money is no object? Go with whoever can reignite Joe’s P&R game. Losing favors was the worst thing to happen to Joe’s career.
Is Favors the reason Joe can no longer shoot a basketball? He's slumping, he never takes games or plays off, and he's 30-something. He should've gotten surgery in the offseason but something something national pride.

Is Favors the reason Joe can no longer shoot a basketball? He's slumping, he never takes games or plays off, and he's 30-something. He should've gotten surgery in the offseason but something something national pride.

Shut your mouth sucka!!!!

It’s not just Joe’s shooting that’s down, his assists are down nearly 2 per game. I don’t know about what effect whatever surgery you believe he should’ve undergone would’ve had. But I do speculate that losing Favors has had the most detrimental effect on Joe’s game, which largely consisted of running the P&R with Favors in the second unit. It got him in the flow of the game and provided him with a clear role.

It’s not just Joe’s shooting that’s down, his assists are down nearly 2 per game. I don’t know about what effect whatever surgery you believe he should’ve undergone would’ve had. But I do speculate that losing Favors has had the most detrimental effect on Joe’s game, which largely consisted of running the P&R with Favors in the second unit. It got him in the flow of the game and provided him with a clear role.
It hurt, sure. This idea that it's mostly or even half-because of Favors is a wild stretch.

He could be mortal. I know that might be heresy to some.

It's going to be harder and harder to do that the more busted Joe seems.

I think it's mostly about getting comfortable in his new role I expect his number to revert to something like they were when he came off the bench, possibly slightly better, if you remember back then his numbers always improved as we got closer to the playoffs.

He looks like the corpse of Jingles out there. But he did have that clutch steal.

ive been saying all through offseason that losing favors would hurt ingles so much. losing rhythm and role means a lot. Lower shooting is rough, but that might just be ingles losing a little bit of oomph, and just being out of rhythm

And I guess it has nothing to do with him playing less mins and playing more with bench players and he’s not as needed to be a playmaker.

This post only strengthens my point, we need more to go behind Rudy. Last year jingles was throwing lobs to Favors. Now? He’s Rollin with Bradley.