What's new

Come December, Trade with Knicks

Which Knick PF would you realistically want?

• Julius Randle

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Bobby Portis

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Marcus Morris Sr.

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Taj Gibson

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Another PF from another team (Who?)

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Riding with Royce and Jeff

Votes: 16 29.6%

• Total voters
Isn't it also kind of **** talking Joe to insinuate that he can only be good with a favors. Like favors is the reason he is good. That seems like **** talking.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Yep. I mean he's missing open threes. Last night he missed an open layup. How would having Favors help that? Lol. I understand if someone misses the Ingles/Favors pick and roll. That's understandable. It was quite effective. But Ingles doesn't HAVE to have that to be effective.

I think the other body option to guard LeBron may actually be...

Udoh when the CBA season ends.

I second this. Udoh looks like Hakeem compared to Bradley. Honestly, Bradley might be even less talented than Jarron Collins. Which is saying something. At least Collins had a jump shot and a 2 inch vertical.

Morris. Judging by the sample size we have at this point (throw out the Sac anomaly) the losses have been to the LA teams (with LeBron & Kawhi). If the Jamzz want to win it all this year, gotta find an answer for those two.
Rebounding is an effort stat, that's why Westbrook @ 6'3" averages double digits. Rodman (likely 6'6"ish) averaged 18 because he was focused on that. Even Barkley (6'4") outrebounded taller opposition. If O'neale and whomever else is in the PF spot focuses likewise, it won't be as necessary as what Morris can bring the team.
Still, the Lakers worry me the most in a seven game series. Aside from LBJ, they have four big guys to throw at Rudy - AD, Cousins, Dwight, and McGee. They're going to be tough to crash the boards against. Hopefully DeMarcus loads all their bigs up on purple drank... wait, that was JaMarcus...
For some reason the Clippers don't concern me too much even without a defender for Leonard.

The Lakers are our biggest threat in a brutal 7 game series. Once they have Rondo back they'll have another long body to throw at Mitchell.

So they'll have plenty of carcuses to throw at Gobert. And a few bodies (Green and Rondo) to throw at Mitchell.

Oh and then there's Lebron, Kuzma, Davis, and the refs to contend with.

I think in a 7 game series, Dwight Howard is going to be huge for them. Even in his depleted state, he gives them valuable minutes off the bench much like Harrell does for the Clippers, Favors did for us in the 2nd unit, or what Millsap used to do when we had Memo and Boozer.

We need another functional big man if we hope to beat the Lakers. I'm unsure if Davis is it and I know Bradley certainly isn't.

It's too early to say. Right now the combination of Royce/Bogey/Green getting all the minutes at the 4 seems to be working pretty well. By the trade deadline it will be a lot more clear whether we need to try and add another 4 or not.

I think the Jazz would be a better team with Favors and without Bradley and Exum.

Exum isn't a good player even when healthy and Bradley is a liability. My concern is that we have Gobert and a bunch of G-league players/over the hill players manning our 4 and 5.

I got nothing for you if you don't see this as our primary issue going full steam into the playoffs against the top teams with long and skilled big men. Especially once the game slows down and possessions and rebounds count.
You do realize this argument is a waist oof all our time as we couldn’t keep Bogey and Favors. Idiot.

I second this. Udoh looks like Hakeem compared to Bradley. Honestly, Bradley might be even less talented than Jarron Collins. Which is saying something. At least Collins had a jump shot and a 2 inch vertical.
You have to factor in that Bradley is younger right now than Collins was as a rookie. Give him some time.
He has been fine so far. We are winning

Bradley is a third string, 21-year old center with a 25 PER that backs up an elite rebounder/defender who backs up THE elite defender/rebounder. It’s okay.

Reactions: SCS
Bradley has had some good moments with tip ins and such, but he's absolutely awful defensively. He has the lateral quickness and awareness that I'd imagine a circa 2019 Bryant Reeves would have. I think we need to trade Exum for any defensive big wing or big man. Who do we need his excellent defense on? Westbrook and Harden? We can handle those guys without him. Lou Williams? Maybe. How will he help us against the Lakers? Guarding Green? Guy just needs a body on him and to not be left open. If we focus too much on his defensive prowess, we'll miss the fact that no big matchups for us require him, but we'll get destroyed by Lakers matchup problems.

I'd like a lot to add a better rebounding pf, but not just for the sake of doing it, and those knicks options aren't really good (their free agencies led them to the knicks, that alone should tell some).

Bradley has had some good moments with tip ins and such, but he's absolutely awful defensively. He has the lateral quickness and awareness that I'd imagine a circa 2019 Bryant Reeves would have. I think we need to trade Exum for any defensive big wing or big man. Who do we need his excellent defense on? Westbrook and Harden? We can handle those guys without him. Lou Williams? Maybe. How will he help us against the Lakers? Guarding Green? Guy just needs a body on him and to not be left open. If we focus too much on his defensive prowess, we'll miss the fact that no big matchups for us require him, but we'll get destroyed by Lakers matchup problems.
Generally agree. But that big man has to be better than Davis (who for how ugly his game is, is quite effective at doing what he’s always done) if it’s someone that can play the 5 and/or as good or better than Bojan/Ingles/Royce just to get minutes at the 4.

For those reasons, I think Portis is the better fit. I think Morris would create a bit of a logjam unless he’s playing some 5. Which... ****, maybe he could.

To @Handlogten's Heros point, Exum has to prove he has a pulse before such a thing could have legs.

I don’t know what the point of this meandering ramble was, except maybe that I should do something else.

The trade option I'd kick the tires on is Thad Young. Gets paid 13M a year for the next three years... Chicago sucks and they have always been cheap SOBs... If Exum is alive we can trade his 2 year deal for Thad's three year deal... we likely add a second or two. Send some cash and they will feel great about themselves.

Thad is a great defender, good vet, if he shot it a little better he'd be making like $20M a year. Not sure he can play small ball 5 but if the playoffs get smaller and smaller then maybe he's an option there for some spot minutes. I think its a more realistic option.

Here's a guy:

Portland's offseason was really bad... I think they could have kept Aminu, Harkless, Leonard and their first... instead they retained Hood (with cap space or part of their exception) and traded for Whiteside. Major Fubar there.

The Lakers are our biggest threat in a brutal 7 game series. Once they have Rondo back they'll have another long body to throw at Mitchell.

So they'll have plenty of carcuses to throw at Gobert. And a few bodies (Green and Rondo) to throw at Mitchell.

Oh and then there's Lebron, Kuzma, Davis, and the refs to contend with.

I think in a 7 game series, Dwight Howard is going to be huge for them. Even in his depleted state, he gives them valuable minutes off the bench much like Harrell does for the Clippers, Favors did for us in the 2nd unit, or what Millsap used to do when we had Memo and Boozer.

We need another functional big man if we hope to beat the Lakers. I'm unsure if Davis is it and I know Bradley certainly isn't.

I think the Clippers and Rockets are tougher matchups for us. Aside from the fact that they have LeBron I'm not all that worried about the idea of playing the Lakers. We match up with them well. They can't shoot from 3 to save their lives so we'd just sag and funnel everything inside to Rudy. Which is the strength of our defense. Their lack of a secondary creator also would make things easier for our defense. We shut them the **** down on their own floor in the first matchup. And honestly I don't expect that will change in future matchups because they just can't shoot it.

Danillo Gallinari is 31 years old and shouldn't be in the Thunder's long term plans.

93% FT, 42% on 3P, and has 7'1" wingspan getting 0.8 steals per game. He was someone that Dennis Lindsey was interested in talking to the summer Hayward left.

You have to factor in that Bradley is younger right now than Collins was as a rookie. Give him some time.
He has been fine so far. We are winning

Bradley’s not getting any more athletic with time. My issue with him isn’t his mind but his athleticism. Crippled Matt Harpring looks like prime Amare compared to Bradley. Bradley is so slow on help defense that even Boozer is making fun of him. Again, My issue with Bradley is his high priest ward b-ball athleticism, not his smarts.

Danillo Gallinari is 31 years old and shouldn't be in the Thunder's long term plans.

93% FT, 42% on 3P, and has 7'1" wingspan getting 0.8 steals per game. He was someone that Dennis Lindsey was interested in talking to the summer Hayward left.

isn’t he basically crappy Bojan at this point of his career?

Bradley’s not getting any more athletic with time. My issue with him isn’t his mind but his athleticism. Crippled Matt Harpring looks like prime Amare compared to Bradley. Bradley is so slow on help defense that even Boozer is making fun of him. Again, My issue with Bradley is his high priest ward b-ball athleticism, not his smarts.
I liked my comp of as-presently-constituted Bryant Reeves better.

Been on my radar since the Kawhi trade. Would require all kinds of cap gymnastics to get there so probably nah.

Additionally, while the added firepower would be nice, he doesn't really bring things the Jazz don't already have.

Reactions: SCS