What's new

Conference Finals

you don't know that... Indiana was pulling back in the 3rd quarter, and Miami flops for 5 calls at least in a short period of time.... You don't know. I don't believe you unless YOU go back and count up all the calls over the course of the game. I think you are biased.

Yes, I have a bias. Nothing wrong with that as long as you're up front about it. And I don't think anyone who has read our conversation would say I've been unreasonable in the slightest.

And of course I don't KNOW that Miami would have won game 3 if the refs hadn't fallen for some flops. No one really "knows" ANYTHING in life.

If anyone sounds biassed in this thread, its morefeasts

This just in: LeBron admits that the Heat got a bunch of questionable calls in the last game.

Ha ha, just kidding, he's whining because he lost one game where his team didn't get all the calls.

Frankly, it was almost mind boggling that the refs made those two calls against the Heat in the last couple of minutes! BOTH were the correct calls, Lebron for tripping the guy and Wade, had he taken anymore steps.......would have been on Dancing with the Stars! So yeah, I was surprised that the Sterns puppets did what they did! I just hope the Spurs get a fair shake when they play the Heat, which they most certainly will end up doing!

...I'd love to see the Pacers win! I hope they do. I'm pulling for them! But they've got two things going against them. 1) Heat defense of ball denial and pressuring the ball handler does not bode well for the Pacers who struggle with turnovers and with setting up plays. 2) You gotta get past the refs!!!

Even if LeBron gets extra calls, if the refs don't fall for the flops from the rest of the team, the Heat will have their hands full.
I suspect that West should take the ball inside more, but he's letting Heat flops make him set up too far away from the basket too much.
I wonder if Bosh will even be able healthy for the rest of the series. His ankle looked troublesome last game.

They won't do that unless the refs carry them. Those 3 are too small, too old and too hobbly to match up with the guys they have to match up against, without flopping or cheating or getting extra help somehow.

They won't do that unless the refs carry them. Those 3 are too small, too old and too hobbly to match up with the guys they have to match up against, without flopping or cheating or getting extra help somehow.

We'll see.

Role players play a lot better at home. And with Lebron is full attack mode... Watch out!

Is the league being intentionally stupid, or are they just flaunting their power to manipulate things any way they want? They've fined Stevenson of the Pacers for flopping, because Ray Allen threw an elbow at his chin , and he moved to get out of the way! They should be fining the elbow if anything. Are they really too stupid to know what is a flop and what isn't? Screw them . What about the 50 Heat flops this series that did not involve avoiding getting hit with an elbow? They should fine some Heat players for some of those. Bad NBA.

Doesn't matter, they also fined West, so they've fined the Heat once, and the Pacers twice, even though the Heat flop and play dirty more than anybody.

Why fine someone because he moved out of the way of an intentional elbow? That is stupid. and like you alluded, LeBron is worth 100 times as much as Stevenson, so the fine means less to him.

I'm pretty sure I saw LeBra cry when he fouled out last game, but they didn't call him for a foul that quarter when he fouled Hill on a layup.
They didn't fine Wade for intentionally taking someone heads off. They didn't fine Battier for elbowing someone in the face. I guess the Pacers are supposed to let the Heat elbow them in the face, and if they don't , they'll get fined, or worse. The league is run by idiots.

Last edited:
I just watched the replay of the West Lebron incident. It is stupid of the league to fine West for that too. Yea , he through his arms up, but LeBron was the one who grabbed him, pushed him, and flopped all in one motion. Lebron's actions were premeditated and far more egregious.

Guess all the Heat whining payed off.....

14 fouls on Pacers, 7 on heat, 0 on his higness. Birdman's elbow, initiating a fight, shove and trying to run through a ref didn't get him ejected.

Love the completely spontaneous and totally un-scripted and never in anyway planned NBA playoffs.

Mike Prada @MikePradaSBN 3 minutes ago
George Hill's fourth foul changed this game.

Last edited:
How was birdman not ejected? Was that shove that Mohammad gave Lebron in the Bulls series worse???

I haven't seen a bigger cheap shot in sports since CP3 punched that NC St. player in the groin. His cheap shot would be looked down upon even in Football. You don't blind side somebody who is clearly out of the play and just trying to run down the court. What the hell? It's like attacking a player on the opposite side of the field that the ball is on in Football. That isn't cool. What's cool is if you block the hell out of somebody who was in the hole that the ballcarrier was going to go through. Likewise, Birdman's cheap shot against superstar Psycho T wasn't anything to be excited about. Do that against Hibbert, Dwight Howard, Artest, Ibaka, Noah, David West or Kanter, I dare you.

so seriously, how does the NBA justify this?

How was birdman not ejected? Was that shove that Mohammad gave Lebron in the Bulls series worse???

I haven't seen a bigger cheap shot in sports since CP3 punched that NC St. player in the groin. His cheap shot would be looked down upon even in Football. You don't blind side somebody who is clearly out of the play and just trying to run down the court. What the hell? It's like attacking a player on the opposite side of the field that the ball is on in Football. That isn't cool. What's cool is if you block the hell out of somebody who was in the hole that the ballcarrier was going to go through. Likewise, Birdman's cheap shot against superstar Psycho T wasn't anything to be excited about. Do that against Hibbert, Dwight Howard, Artest, Ibaka, Noah, David West or Kanter, I dare you.

so seriously, how does the NBA justify this?

We don't need to, I'm the commish and you're not.