What's new

Conley could miss multiple weeks with hamstring injury

You think Toronto or Indiana is going to take down either LA team? Or Milwaukee in a playoff series? Cause I don't. You're looking at in a one game sample size. Last years team got blown out by 50 by the Mavs who didn't have KP or Luka. Don't be dumb.
Yeah, good job picking ONR DAY AFTER Pacers taking down the Lakers WITHOUT their best player to talk about Indiana’s playoff chances.

And I said it before and I will say again, I absolutely AGREE that we need to improve our chances further by spending the money in the summer. We were competing but we were clearly NOT good enough. And our 2018 off season effort was simply a disgrace and DL needed to get fired way before. But the way we spent the money this past off season just wasn't the right way.

I'm actually on board with the idea of starting Exum while Conley is out. I feel like the bench rotations we had last game were better than we've had in a long time. Royce really stabilized that unit. Start Exum-Mitchell-Ingles-Bogdanovic-Gobert. Bring Mudiay-O'neale-Green-Davis off the bench and see if that bench group can be consistent.

Starters are going to be fine when Conley comes back. I feel like we need to use this time to figure out the bench.

Yeah, good job picking ONR DAY AFTER Pacers taking down the Lakers WITHOUT their best player to talk about Indiana’s playoff chances.

And I said it before and I will say again, I absolutely AGREE that we need to improve our chances further by spending the money in the summer. We were competing but we were clearly NOT good enough. And our 2018 off season effort was simply a disgrace and DL needed to get fired way before. But the way we spent the money this past off season just wasn't the right way.
Arm chair, after-the-fact experts are the worst lol. The entire league thought our offseason was one of the top 3 offseasons in the league my guy. Conley and the teams chemistry has just under-performed. Ingles has under-performed, Davis has under-performed. The moves were sound and great moves and every expert out there agreed they were. So hush your little internet expert after-the-fact forum self up lol. Lay out your fool proof plan or shutup.

Btw Im still waiting to see that Bojan quote posted. People refer to it all tje time so it should be easy to find where he actually said it.

At the very beginning of the introductory press conference Dennis Lindsey said "Us being able to make the trade for Mike first was a little bit of an accelerant for Bojan and his ability to see himself playing for the Jazz, for Quin, with Mike, with Donovan, with Joe and Rudy in particular". Dennis also did an interview with Spence Checketts on ESPN 700 back in September. They start talking about Bogey at the 8:25 mark and at 9:47 DL says "Bringing Mike on in that trade certainly heightened his interest in us". Justin Zanik made similar comments in an interview. It's impossible to know for sure weather or not Bogey would have signed with us had we not traded for Mike, but by all accounts it definitely sounds like it was one of the deciding factors.

https://espn700sports.com/interviews/dennis-lindsey-on-the-jazzs-2019-decision-making/

Arm chair, after-the-fact experts are the worst lol. The entire league thought our offseason was one of the top 3 offseasons in the league my guy. Conley and the teams chemistry has just under-performed. Ingles has under-performed, Davis has under-performed. The moves were sound and great moves and every expert out there agreed they were. So hush your little internet expert after-the-fact forum self up lol. Lay out your fool proof plan or shutup.
I don't think I need to list the number of posters on this forum alone who were opposed to the Conley trade even before it happen. And better plan? Malcom Brogdon.

I'm actually on board with the idea of starting Exum while Conley is out. I feel like the bench rotations we had last game were better than we've had in a long time. Royce really stabilized that unit. Start Exum-Mitchell-Ingles-Bogdanovic-Gobert. Bring Mudiay-O'neale-Green-Davis off the bench and see if that bench group can be consistent.

Starters are going to be fine when Conley comes back. I feel like we need to use this time to figure out the bench.

I think the only time Dante even got on the floor in the 5 games Conley just missed was during garbage time of the Lakers and Thunder games. I don't expect him to be part of the rotation going forward, even with Conley out. I think Niang will likely get more minutes instead.

I don't think I need to list the number of posters on this forum alone who were opposed to the Conley trade even before it happen. And better plan? Malcom Brogdon.
Lol yeah that’s gonna get you over the hump as opposed to Conley no doubt.

I think the only time Dante even got on the floor in the 5 games Conley just missed was during garbage time of the Lakers and Thunder games. I don't expect him to be part of the rotation going forward, even with Conley out. I think Niang will likely get more minutes instead.

I know. I'm already resigned to the fact Quin is just going to put Oneale back into the starting lineup and go back to the trashcan bench with Niang. I was just saying what I would like to see happen.

Lol yeah that’s gonna get you over the hump as opposed to Conley no doubt.
Brogdan by himself? No
But maybe brogdon, some first round picks, Crowder, Allen, korver, Neto.......
Also having brogdon at his contract (along with first rounders and Grayson and Crowder) is having assets that other teams might want in a trade. So maybe we could have parlayed brogdan plus the crap we traded for conley into a better player than Conley or brogdan.
Instead we got rid of all of our assets for a player who isn't even a trade asset. And who is old, injured, overpaid, and undersized. Not good

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Exum and NWG won't play. We'll start DM/Ingles/Oneale/Bogey/Gobert. Mudiay will stay the backup PG. And Quin will play his man crush Niang as much as possible so our bench can suck ***.

Hello darkness MY old friend.
I doubt Exum ever sees the floor again for the Jazz, trade or no trade. I think he stole Quin’s stash ur something.

Right now you have 8 or 9 players playing for the Stars that could give you as solid or a more solid bench than the glue factory nags Quin is using now. This would necessitate a 4-1 trade or 5-1 trade or a lot of waiver wire activity. I also doubt Bradley or Ex gets consistent minutes with Quin.

Lol. Lay out your plan that would have worked so well. And actually yes, if Conley was performing how expected the entire league expected that move to put the Jazz in contender status.

Btw, you were right I misread part of your earlier post. My bad.

If? He isnt. Odds were he never was going to. Even if he did, it was never going to be enough to make the Jazz contenders. Some of us said so.

If the talking heads said they were contenders, they were wrong. Odds makers never had Jazz better than 6th and that was a distant 6 or 7 far from Lakets/Clippers and still behind Houston. (They were 8 in 2019)

Conleys game doesn't fit Rudy nor Mitchell and the jazz gutted their team to get him. Lost their identity, and their narrative along the way.

My plan? Funny I seem to recall that most people thought the Jazz needed a stretch 4 and more shooting from the wing. I guess I would've started there.

Incidentally, I dont recall anyone calling for a small pg to take the ball out of Mitchells and Ingles hands, and play a different style than Rudy. So i wouldn't have started there. But i guess if i was determined to frustrate my two stars that way, I would have found a cheaper player to do the same thing.

Last edited:
At the very beginning of the introductory press conference Dennis Lindsey said "Us being able to make the trade for Mike first was a little bit of an accelerant for Bojan and his ability to see himself playing for the Jazz, for Quin, with Mike, with Donovan, with Joe and Rudy in particular". Dennis also did an interview with Spence Checketts on ESPN 700 back in September. They start talking about Bogey at the 8:25 mark and at 9:47 DL says "Bringing Mike on in that trade certainly heightened his interest in us". Justin Zanik made similar comments in an interview. It's impossible to know for sure weather or not Bogey would have signed with us had we not traded for Mike, but by all accounts it definitely sounds like it was one of the deciding factors.

https://espn700sports.com/interviews/dennis-lindsey-on-the-jazzs-2019-decision-making/

Exactly. Maybe people will stop repeating the myth.

Let's see how have William Howard leading the GLeague in three point shooting, Juwan Morgan is currently on the roster and had over a 50% 3 point shooting percentage with the Stars, and Brantley, JWF, NWG and Trevion Bluiett are all coming off solid outings with the Stars. Perhaps those ingredients are available.

Brogdan by himself? No
But maybe brogdon, some first round picks, Crowder, Allen, korver, Neto.......
Also having brogdon at his contract (along with first rounders and Grayson and Crowder) is having assets that other teams might want in a trade. So maybe we could have parlayed brogdan plus the crap we traded for conley into a better player than Conley or brogdan.
Instead we got rid of all of our assets for a player who isn't even a trade asset. And who is old, injured, overpaid, and undersized. Not good

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
at least with Brogdon you know you would have the PG position secured for the next 4+ seasons, as opposed to those 1-2 season rentals DL has been experimenting.

When you win 15 out of 20 games to end the season and hit the 50 win mark, only a fool breaks up that team, which is what the Jazz did. If the Jazz win 10 out of the next 15 games, it won't surprise us and just go to show you that front office decisions can ruin a good basketball team!

Lol. Lay out your plan that would have worked so well. And actually yes, if Conley was performing how expected the entire league expected that move to put the Jazz in contender status.
Contending how? do we have the squad depth to beat the superstar teams by the numbers like Pacers did to the Lakers last night(6 guys in double digit scoring with their best player watching in his suit)? or do we have someone to compete with the likes of Harden, Lebron, Giannis or Kawhi in terms of star powers?

you keep talking about Conley perform as expected. just what kinda numbers do you expect Conley to produce for us? 19+5? 18+6? + 3 rebs a game? and you think those kind of numbers is all we need to compete for a championship?

the reality is we spent superstar money on someone who can't give you superstar level of productions in return, while greatly reducing the depth of our squad. if your best hope now is to cross your fingers and pray that Rudy one day developing an offense or DM becoming a NBA candidate then that is called terrible GM work.

Contending how? do we have the squad depth to beat the superstar teams by the numbers like Pacers did to the Lakers last night(6 guys in double digit scoring with their best player watching in his suit)? or do we have someone to compete with the likes of Harden, Lebron, Giannis or Kawhi in terms of star powers?

you keep talking about Conley perform as expected. just what kinda numbers do you expect Conley to produce for us? 19+5? 18+6? + 3 rebs a game? and you think those kind of numbers is all we need to compete for a championship?

the reality is we spent superstar money on someone who can't give you superstar level of productions in return, while greatly reducing the depth of our squad. if your best hope now is to cross your fingers and pray that Rudy one day developing an offense or DM becoming a NBA candidate then that is called terrible GM work.
When you’re going to be paying Rudy and Donovan both over $30 million a year. YES 100% YOU HAVE TO GET THAT FROM THEM. So either you all don’t actually believe Donovan and Rudy are good enough, or you’re being willfully ignorant of what it actually takes to win a championship.

When you have a salary cap in the league and you’re going to be paying 2 guys upwards of $90 million. Yeah they better be able to carry your team because they’re gonna be taking up over half your cap room. If they aren’t that dominant of star or you don’t think they can be them you probably aren’t winning a title with them. Right now Mike is simply taking up the cap room Donovan will be taking up. And yes, since Donovan is so severely under-paid Conleys previous play during his career should be plenty to put you in contender status if you already have 2 stars that are good enough to be max contract players. Mike has been a very good player his entire career, he’s underperformed and that very well could change. Here’s your news flash YOU HAVE A SUPERSTAR WHO YOU ARENT CURRENTLY PAYING SUPERSTAR MONEY. If Donovan and Rudy are great, then yes a Conley should take you to that next level, and the financial situation is just Conley taking up money Donovan will be.

Last edited: