What's new

Conley hamstringing again

Conley is going to play in game 1
He will not let his team down
Conley will find a way to play and be safe and effective
He may not play his regular minutes but him and Donovan are warriors

It's like you only read the first sentence of my post.
No. I did. I agree that it became cautionary the closer we got to the playoffs - but certainly not the first couple weeks of the injury.

Beyond that, it's a bit of a concern he's now reaggravated the same injury twice now. It raises questions as to whether he can fully handle a prolonged series. He made it to five games of the first-round. What are we looking at if he does come back in a week?

No. I did. I agree that it became cautionary the closer we got to the playoffs - but certainly not the first couple weeks of the injury.
What do you mean by the first couple weeks? He was only out for two weeks total (April 28th through May 12th).

What's it gonna be like in 20 years when most pro athletes get nanotube hamstring replacement and titanium bone replacements, not because they are actually injured, but so that they don't get injured?

What do you mean by the first couple weeks? He was only out for two weeks total (April 28th through May 12th).
And he returned. If he's out even half that, we're not getting him back until at least two games.

Look, it's best just to accept he's probably not playing a chunk of the semifinals, especially with his history this season of missing multiple games due to the hamstring.

The last thing Utah should do is rush him back and he really does some damage on it.

So, my point stands: I'm going to cheer for the Mavs tomorrow because I don't think Conley will play game one regardless when it is and I'd rather play them than LAC.

What's it gonna be like in 20 years when most pro athletes get nanotube hamstring replacement and titanium bone replacements, not because they are actually injured, but so that they don't get injured?
terminator-lead-850x600.jpg

And he returned. If he's out even half that, we're not getting him back until at least two games.
Eh.

If he's out half that, it's a week. One week from the injury would be next Wednesday, which would be the day after Game 1 if Clippers/Mavs goes 7. If Clippers/Mavs goes 6, we're getting Dallas, in which case I think we will be fine without Conley for a couple games.

Look, it's best just to accept he's probably not playing a chunk of the semifinals, especially with his history this season of missing multiple games due to the hamstring.
Maybe. Maybe not. But you initially said he would likely miss the next series entirely, and also the WCF possibly. That is what i am calling extremely pessimistic.

I am guessing he'll miss Game 1, and if we win that, he'll miss Game 2. If we lose it, they'll bring him back for Game 2.

I was in my office but I think I overheard him talking on the local news which was on in the living room that he's going to play in the next game because his injury is minor and they kept him out as a precaution.

Then who is Conley going to guard? And don't say Hardaway Jr. as Donovan will be guarding him. If Royce is supposed to guard Luka then who guards Finney-Smith?
Regular season I remember Rudy guarding Finney Smith

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

And gobert gets to guard Finney Smith lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
The Mavs started a few different guys at center: Powell, Boban (against the Clips )and even Kleber (who is a PF).

My original point which a few JF guys didn't pick up is if we have Rudy and Bojan guarding whomever is at C and PF (depends on the match-up - I would rather see Bojan guard Kleber or Powell and Rudy guard KP though of course Rudy would guard Boban if he started). We can likely agree Donovan will guard Hardaway Jr.

That's leaves Luka and Finney-Smith with Royce and Conley. This was my precise point but as mentioned a few JFers didn't seem to catch this.

And no doubt e Mavs are are aware of it as well for Luka is a mismatch against almost every PG. My original post came about because I realized we can't expect Conley to guard either Luka or Finney-Smith.

Of course this can all be remedied if Conley isn't ready and Ingles starts.

The Mavs started a few different guys at center: Powell, Boban (against the Clips )and even Kleber (who is a PF).

My original point which a few JF guys didn't pick up is if we have Rudy and Bojan guarding whomever is at C and PF (depends on the match-up - I would rather see Bojan guard Kleber or Powell and Rudy guard KP though of course Rudy would guard Boban if he started). We can likely agree Donovan will guard Hardaway Jr.

That's leaves Luka and Finney-Smith with Royce and Conley. This was my precise point but as mentioned a few JFers didn't seem to catch this.

And no doubt e Mavs are are aware of it as well for Luka is a mismatch against almost every PG. My original post came about because I realized we can't expect Conley to guard either Luka or Finney-Smith.

Of course this can all be remedied if Conley isn't ready and Ingles starts.
You can put Conley on hardaway and Mitchell on Finney-Smith. That's the easiest solution. But even if you put Conley on Finney it will be fine. We're not going to get killed by Finney. Plus Mitchell and Conley often play off set minutes for a decent amount. On top of that we are also a mismatch for them. Our offense will score a lot at a very efficient rate.