What's new

Conservative News Comment Sections THREAD

BabyPeterzz

Contributor
So I read a lot of conservative media. I’ve always been fascinated by the other sides news and opinion, trying to understand their point-of-view.

Both sides spin things politically, but usually there’s truth and fact in there if you know what to ignore. Reading both perspectives is a great way to get a well rounded view and address any personal bias.

While both sides lie and spin, the conservative side always mixes in racist, homophobic, xenophobic stories and the comment sections are like a klan rally. It’s a good look at how ignorant and hateful conservatives are online. I don’t see anything like this in progressive news and comments.

So I’m going to use this thread to post some of what I find. I won’t quote them because I’ll get banned, but I encourage everyone to read these articles and comment sections to understand the type of people who want power and how they speak. You’ll see patterns in speech and how they all use similar phrases. I’ve seen much of it copy and paste here on JF. I know many conservatives don’t think like these people commenting, but this is the type of person who supports MAGA and is running the GOP.

This is white supremest rhetoric. Read it, know it, call it out. I would love to see progressive examples of this behavior. Please post it here, I will if I find it. We’ll start here.

This happened in the UK. I know it’s disgusting but read the comments section. This is who has high-jacked the GOP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Breitbart. This is just today folks. A good chunk of the GOP live in these comment sections. Posting all day. It’s riddled with obvious foreign troll farms and it just churns. Their whole world view is not only screwed by politics, it’s guided by obvious misinformation trolls and propaganda.

This is a fairly good source for people that want to see different perspective on current issues:

I did notice a shift for a while with Fox where they were a bit more reasonable, but they appear to be in a backslide over the past couple of months. Probably the Trump poison seeping back in.

This is a fairly good source for people that want to see different perspective on current issues:

I did notice a shift for a while with Fox where they were a bit more reasonable
I got that feeling as well for a while. Not that i ever actually watch fox but I was seeing less insanity from fox on my yahoo feed.

I’m curious how the conservatives here that read these right-wing sites address what’s said in the comment sections.

Do you just ignore the really awful stuff and just read the stuff that has substance? Because to be fair, there are legit thoughtful comments I just disagree with. But I couldn’t just ignore the ******* racist stuff. If those folks were agreeing with me politically, I would rethink my stance and opinions.

I’m curious how the conservatives here that read these right-wing sites address what’s said in the comment sections.
I address them as I would any anecdotal example being used to tar an entire demographic. It is no different than pointing to a collection of violent crimes committed by Black individuals to claim Black people being dangerously violent people. It is no different from citing acts of terrorism done by Arab Islamists to claim Arabs or Muslims being terrorists.

Of course there are violent criminals who are Black, and there are acts of terrorism carried out by Arab Islamists, and there are racists who espouse conservative talking points but I think the tactic of using anecdotal examples to say [broad group of people] are [x] says more about the hate being harbored by the one holding the broad brush.

I got that feeling as well for a while. Not that i ever actually watch fox but I was seeing less insanity from fox on my yahoo feed.
I tend to see clips from most major news on Youtube, etc. It also seems like CNN has had a shift closer to the middle as well. I'm sure it is all done to maximize ratings. They are all entertainment businesses, news is just what they sell.

I have an online subscription to Reuters through my work. That is where I read news. I don't watch news on television, which I think is the current norm for most these days.

I address them as I would any anecdotal example being used to tar an entire demographic. It is no different than pointing to a collection of violent crimes committed by Black individuals to claim Black people being dangerously violent people. It is no different from citing acts of terrorism done by Arab Islamists to claim Arabs or Muslims being terrorists.

Of course there are violent criminals who are Black, and there are acts of terrorism carried out by Arab Islamists, and there are racists who espouse conservative talking points but I think the tactic of using anecdotal examples to say [broad group of people] are [x] says more about the hate being harbored by the one holding the broad brush.

Oh this is beyond anecdotal. The first article I posted was Fox News, largest conservative opinion and news channel in the country. Just read it all man. Thousands of posts like this everyday. This is the majority of MAGA, not the GOP. I understand you’re not all vile racist chuds. But your candidate for president is, and you already voted him in once.

I’ll stop painting with a broad brush when conservatives actually grow a pair and rebuild their party and start calling out the trash in it.

You stink bud. Take a shower.

I think the main problem is a large chunk of the country doesn’t know how the internet works and how most of it is totally fake.

They think most of it is real and they latch on.

Social media isn’t real life guys. Stop making it your real life and thus ****ing with our real lives.

These adults and their phones….

Not sure why you defend them. They hate you more than they hate me. You’re just a RINO uniparty elitist in bed with the deep state to them.

I was in Austin last summer. I told a group of conservatives I was liberal when they started saying the same dumb racist ********. I get this all the time. People think they can use the N word around me, almost like they wanna see if I’m cool with it. When I call them out they either get really embarrassed or avoid me. Bigots hate being called out to their face. I love watching the shame fill their face when they find out I’m not their “brother”.

But in Austin I told them, politely, that I was liberal and I didn’t want to talk politics. A woman in the group threatened to stab me in the throat.

This is anecdotal. Ive only been threatened like that by neo-nazis. Weird.

I was in Austin last summer. I told a group of conservatives I was liberal when they started saying the same dumb racist ********. I get this all the time. People think they can use the N word around me, almost like they wanna see if I’m cool with it. When I call them out they either get really embarrassed or avoid me. Bigots hate being called out to their face. I love watching the shame fill their face when they find out I’m not their “brother”.

But in Austin I told them, politely, that I was liberal and I didn’t want to talk politics. A woman in the group threatened to stab me in the throat.

This is anecdotal. Ive only been threatened like that by neo-nazis. Weird.
d5cc7ac10ff0cb0c880e2af91b5d13d4177b2ba4b4bce5814f2616a411c2d054_1.jpg

I don't know what part you're saying never happened. I mean the stabbing in the throat part is more or less the only part of that that hasn't happened to me multiple times. I look and dress in a way that conservatives seem to think means I'm "on their team" and they do just like BabyPeterzz said they do, they say openly racist or anti-LQBT things and they are sure to be looking at my face when they do because they want the confirmation that I'm on board. When I don't give it to them our relationship often shifts.

This is not uncommon.

To be MAGA means that you're ok being on the same team with the racists. It doesn't necessarily mean you feel the same way, but it does mean you find that to be a tolerable quality of your compatriots.

I mean the stabbing in the throat part is more or less the only part of that that hasn't happened to me multiple times.
Yes, I'm sure that were you live throat stabbings are a daily occurrence. Crime statistics are public records. Please post your local crime statistics showing all the throat stabbings because I'm calling BS.

Yes, I'm sure that were you live throat stabbings are a daily occurrence. Crime statistics are public records. Please post your local crime statistics showing all the throat stabbings because I'm calling BS.
I doubt that unreported threats of throat stabbings are part of statistical public records.

lol. Totally a false flag man. She was def an Anita plant trying to make cons look bad. Keep living in your fantasy where everything you don’t like isn’t real. It’s why you are where you are now. An alternative universe.

It was her birthday and she was drunk. I was trying to calmly explain why I didn’t want to talk politics and she yelled, “ You liberals are all the same. Trying to be nice! ********!”. So I walked away. Saw her inside afterward. I should’ve left it alone, I don’t know this person. But it was her birthday, and she was obviously pissed off. I apologized and walked off. As I did she says very loud to her friends so I can hear it, “I’m gonna stab him in the ****ing throat!”.

Nothing happened, no weapon drawn, but it was kinda terrifying. It’s always all talk with these people. They’re just angry and tired of being grifted and lied to. A polite liberal makes them glitch too. We’re supposed to be vile communist demons.

Naw, we’re just woke.

Last edited:
I said that's the only part that hasn't happened to me...

I started by saying I wasn't sure if that part in particular was what you were saying never happened or the general scenario where a MAGA says something very offensive to gauge my reaction.

I don't know what part you're saying never happened. I mean the stabbing in the throat part is more or less the only part of that that hasn't happened to me multiple times. I look and dress in a way that conservatives seem to think means I'm "on their team" and they do just like BabyPeterzz said they do, they say openly racist or anti-LQBT things and they are sure to be looking at my face when they do because they want the confirmation that I'm on board. When I don't give it to them our relationship often shifts.

This is not uncommon.

To be MAGA means that you're ok being on the same team with the racists. It doesn't necessarily mean you feel the same way, but it does mean you find that to be a tolerable quality of your compatriots.

Yup. Same here. I work with various community leaders and developers. This happened while we were golfing this summer. Dude dropped the N bomb staring at me. I stopped the cart, looked him in the eyes, and told him to never say that word around me ever again. He was embarrassed. Dude where’s pride bracelets and says he’s woke all the time. We haven’t played golf since.

It happened with a tattoo artist I’ve known since I was a kid. Same thing happened, said the same thing. He apologized and we’re cool. Don’t hang out with the guy ever, so whatever.

Again, these people lurk among you. They use dog whistles to check if they’re safe to say all the insecure racist garbage they say with their friends and family. Old American racism now out in the open. Again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I

Last edited:
It’s all out in open this year folks! Oh boy here we go! Charlie Kirk is a huge conservative leader running Turning Point USA.

Note, these kids are pretty conservative and anti-trans from what I’ve seen in other videos. These are the young black voters giving Trump and the GOP a very serious look.

View: https://youtu.be/36PPcK6gd4s?si=gT1pBJH8RsALvtqQ

Last edited: