What's new

Conservative News Comment Sections THREAD

It really does escalate in the comments section quickly doesn't it? They basically just seem to be echo cambers for hate speech. I was reading Beth Gibbons from Portishead's facebook yesterday, Adrian Utley was auctioning off a synthesizer or amp or something to help fund medical supplies and services in Gaza, Beth posted a link and was immediately condemned as an anti-Semite who condoned the murder of Jews.

With Israel they actually employ people to put these narratives online and within most of their embassies there will be a number of people who monitor media and will immediately organise a letter writing campaign and challenges to any overseeing media authority if editorials or articles appear that are detrimental to the interests of the Israeli state. In some ways you can look at this as clever state craft on the other hand it is completely cynical and morally repugnant. I think some of the people on the far right have started to adopt these techniques, the plan is to control the media cycle and push their hot button ideas, that are illogical but if repeated enough cut to the core of peoples existing prejudices.

Make American great again is anti-American? Maybe in your world, but in mine the definitions of words aren’t fluid.

I don’t worship Trump. I enjoy him and appreciate him, but only Jesus is worthy of worship. Can I get an amen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trump never even tried to make America great. I mean he never needed to.

Are you really so simple that you think because a person says "I love America" that they MUST love America? Because a person hugs a flag they MUST be patriotic? Is that the complexity of the person I'm responding to?

A person with a verified history of being a con man tells you that he wants to Make America Great Again and you're telling me, as one adult human to another, that because Trump, the con man, used the words "Make America Great Again" that there is no possible way that his intentions could be anything other than to make America great again? That's what you're saying?

How ****ing stupid are you?

Trump never even tried to make America great. I mean he never needed to.

Are you really so simple that you think because a person says "I love America" that they MUST love America? Because a person hugs a flag they MUST be patriotic? Is that the complexity of the person I'm responding to?

A person with a verified history of being a con man tells you that he wants to Make America Great Again and you're telling me, as one adult human to another, that because Trump, the con man, used the words "Make America Great Again" that there is no possible way that his intentions could be anything other than to make America great again? That's what you're saying?

How ****ing stupid are you?

You’re correct that titles mean nothing. Orwell articulated this in 1984, where the “ministry of peace” made war, the “ministry of truth” made propaganda. Likewise, our Politicians often give their draconian bills pretty names like “the patriot act.” So we have to judge, not by an often deceptive name, but rather by the fruit born from it. Trump produced good fruit. He enforced our border laws, which is the job of the executive branch. He required NATO to follow thru on the financial obligations. Many doubted him, me included, but he followed thru on the promises that got him elected. America was objectively better with him in office. Our country is objectively worse under Biden. Look at our border, for one. Look at inflation, for another. Because of this objective reality, dems/media lie about reality. Bidenomics is fabulous. Except it’s not. There is no inflation, because the stock market. Never mind the high prices - look at the stock market. Um, not everybody owns stock. That’s irrelevant. Blah blah, none of this will sink into your skull. You’re too infected with the propaganda. But you’re welcome anyway.

To be specific, Trump ran on MAGA and objectively America was better under him than it was/is under Obama/Biden.

This is true, in spite of the lies of the media. But if you dutifully swallow the propaganda **** the media shovels then you uncritically parrot their lies as if they’re truth.

Think critically, if you can manage it.

Trump never even tried to make America great.

You made an assertion, but provided no supporting evidence.

The rest of your post was just irrelevant vitriol, ie: Insults as rebuttal. Ok.

Last edited:
Imagine watching *checks notes*

“Liberal Hivemind” and thinking that to be any reliable or informative source for information.

Do any of you troll morons read books anymore?

Thriller prefers to read.
Here are a couple recommendations:

Amazon product ASIN 0465002056View: https://www.amazon.com/Conflict-Visions-Ideological-Political-Struggles/dp/0465002056

Amazon product ASIN 1595230971View: https://www.amazon.com/Secret-Knowledge-Dismantling-American-Culture/dp/1595230971/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=1G2H2YKEYTL2&keywords=the+secret+knowledge+mamet&qid=1706594451&sprefix=the+secret+knowledge%2Caps%2C178&sr=8-1

You’re welcome!

Imagine watching *checks notes*

“Liberal Hivemind” and thinking that to be any reliable or informative source for information.

Do any of you troll morons read books anymore?
He reads books by authors like David memet (?) who write things like: Why I Am No Longer a 'Brain-Dead Liberal'", in which he methodically attacked liberal beliefs, eviscerating them.

Totally unbiased stuff.
Authors with no agenda ya know.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

He reads books by authors like David memet (?) who write things like: Why I Am No Longer a 'Brain-Dead Liberal'", in which he methodically attacked liberal beliefs, eviscerating them.

Totally unbiased stuff.

Have you read it? Or the article you reference from the Village Voice?

I find it compelling a guy who defined himself as a successful, liberal playwright - built his whole career and identity on that world view - was able to do a 180 after being convinced his world view was wrong.

Mark Twain said, “it’s easier to fool someone than convince them they’ve been fooled.” Why? Because of ego. Man is compelled to protect his ego. Mamet risked losing his audience (and it can be argued he lost some). But he followed the truth wherever it lead. That’s bravery.
He talks about this in the book I recommended. I doubt many of you will read it. ‘Cause it takes bravery to challenge your worldview.

Totally unbiased stuff.

You don’t like Mamet, read Thomas Sowell.

Totally unbiased stuff.

Dude, Mamet’s critical thinking is impressive. Pursue truth, f—k the tribe. Although many people prefer belonging to a tribe over intellectual honesty. Pursuing truth can risk being ostracized. Again, it takes bravery.

You wanna belong to the know-nothing clique, no reasoned argument will convince you.

You can tell you’re killin it when the two authors suggested are:

1. An economist whose most notable works came in the 80s and 90s, over 30 years ago. His economic policy has been completely rejected by MAGA (well with the exception of tax cuts for rich people).
2. A theater guy who believes:
IMG_2947.png
**** the truth embrace the tribe indeed.

Last edited:
Bentley has been an annoying *** clown for years on the Jazz side of the message board, so him being a weird MAGA dude makes sense. Love when my haters are just complete jackasses.

Also Al-O-Meter must feel some kind of way. I thought he had exclusive "post dumb conservative ****" rights.