What's new

Coronavirus

He got booed saying it. Which means he’s never going to say it again. They’ve been fed anti intellectualism and anger at the majority for so long, that not even their god can convince them to take covid seriously and to get vaccinated.

I think Frankenstein has lost control of his monster.

“I think Frankenstein has lost control of his monster.” — That’s what I said about the GOP in 2016.

We don’t have weekly death rates for kids, but we will.
I know you think that but why? Why do you think there will be weekly death rates for kids?

Is it because you see a rise in case rate, remember that similar rises have been proceeded by a rise in the death statistics among adults, and think that must translate exactly the same to children? It doesn’t in the data I've seen. I’ve shown you all the data. Your own sources show you the data. This virus does not have the same effect on children as it does on middle aged adults.

We have data on COVID and on the Delta variant. We don’t have to read only to page 6, ignore the data on page 8, and instead conjure a fantasy of weekly death rates in the future. We have a window on the future in the data out of the UK. They got hit by the Delta variant 60 days before we did. The Delta wave peaked and burned out without ever spiking the mortality rate in children, who just like US children are not vaccinated.

I've shown statistically that child COVID mortality (including Delta variant) isn't a thing in Utah, Louisiana, Florida, and the UK. Case counts can rise and fall but there is seemingly no trailing rise in the childhood death statistic like there is with the rates in the adult demographics. It is possible I've missed something, so please tell me why you believe we will have weekly death rates for kids.

I’ve often wondered if part of the problem with the public not recognizing the dire situation of the pandemic is because the media does such a piss poor job of putting our country in perspective with others. I mean look at this, this is embarrassing:
6549FA3B-6695-4FD4-B1AA-619500D10121.png

Yet, red state governors still force school districts to go to school unsafely. They don’t want to give districts and localities the ability to protect themselves. They Sadly, I think the only way these idiots are going to learn is to see massive suffering and death in their states. As this poll tends to show:

Trump states are learning… they’re coming around to the vaccine. It’s too bad that it’s going to cost them a lot more lives than we needed.

After reading up on it a bit more, I do think the Pfizer approval will help get some more shots in arms as it sounds like businesses that require vaccination will now have more legal air cover to require it.

I'd still maintain that I don't think anyone that refused to get it before and doesn't have to is still going to be on the sideways, but for those who work for an employer who requires it and losing a good job isn't worth the personal disagreement, it will help.

I know you think that but why? Why do you think there will be weekly death rates for kids?

Is it because you see a rise in case rate, remember that similar rises have been proceeded by a rise in the death statistics among adults, and think that must translate exactly the same to children? It doesn’t in the data I've seen. I’ve shown you all the data. Your own sources show you the data. This virus does not have the same effect on children as it does on middle aged adults.

We have data on COVID and on the Delta variant. We don’t have to read only to page 6, ignore the data on page 8, and instead conjure a fantasy of weekly death rates in the future. We have a window on the future in the data out of the UK. They got hit by the Delta variant 60 days before we did. The Delta wave peaked and burned out without ever spiking the mortality rate in children, who just like US children are not vaccinated.

I've shown statistically that child COVID mortality (including Delta variant) isn't a thing in Utah, Louisiana, Florida, and the UK. Case counts can rise and fall but there is seemingly no trailing rise in the childhood death statistic like there is with the rates in the adult demographics. It is possible I've missed something, so please tell me why you believe we will have weekly death rates for kids.
Increase in cases will result in an increase in deaths. Listening to doctors in the current hot spots have been telling us over and over this variant is affecting children at a higher rate. Why does death rate have to be the bar? The virus leaves many with long term issues, parents have sit and wait to see if their kids is going to come out ok, and its affecting families and our health care system and workers. The data I presented shows the increase in cases among the young unvaxxed. Just because death rates haven't spiked or its still not as deadly to young people as it is for olds, doesn't mean the virus is not impacting young people at a greater rate. Yes, their not dying at a huge rate, but all the other affects are having an impact across multiple spectrums. I'm going to post this video again in case you missed it.

I don't have that data, but I do have data that is nearly as damning that supports why I am so pro-vaccine but strongly against masks in schools and hybrid/distance learning.

Per the CDC, Utah averages 147 suicide deaths per year among those aged 24 and younger. Since the pandemic began there have only been 10 COVID deaths of people aged 24 and younger, or an annualized rate of 7 per year. If the Utah government had instituted draconian lockdowns that had saved every one of those 10 people, but had the collateral effect of raising the suicide rate by a mere 5% through loneliness, job loss, hopelessness, etc., then the Utah government would have killed more people in that demographic than it saved.

So far I've only seen preliminary data on suicides, but the early indications are that suicide over the past 18 months is up a lot more than 5%. It may be anecdotal, but I know 2 families who had High School aged sons commit suicide in the past 18 months while I don't know any with kids who needed to be hospitalized from COVID. I think we need to do whatever we can to get the suicide rate down. There needs to be more social engagement, not less. There needs to be more youth sports and more opportunities for kids to be kids.

The data on this pandemic is crystal clear in that this is not a pandemic of the young. Over 99.6% of all SARS-CoV-2 deaths in Utah are from those aged 25 and over. Only 0.4% are aged 24 and younger, and COVID deaths among those aged 14 and younger is a full order of magnitude lower than even the 24-year old's rate. If you could choose between being young or being fully vaccinated, choose to be young. When it comes to SARS-CoV-2, young people are safer than even fully vaccinated middle-aged adults. If you give aged-14 and younger kids a vaccine that has a 1-in-a-million chance of an adverse reaction that could kill them, then statistically you'll kill more than you save. The COVID mortality statistics among those aged 14 and under are that low.

In the overwhelming majority of stories pushing for stuffing elementary school kids into masks with mandates or closing schools use statistics of adults to make their case. The dishonesty of that tactic doesn't sit well. I'm a big fan of getting the best data and using that to drive policy. The anti-vaxxers are the worst offenders by far, but the covid-crazy authoritarians also seem happy to use that tactic.
Hard to quantify that really because you have no way of knowing how many people might die due to the kids being a vector of infection. That is the bigger reason for protection in schools. How many kids will go home and infect mom or dad, or grandma and grandpa, and how many of them will die or suffer severe medical issues or infect other people.

For a lot of this the effort is to control vector of infection, not just protect that given demographic.

Increase in cases will result in an increase in deaths.
Again, I know you think that but when it comes to children why do you think that? Simply repeating it doesn’t make it fact, especially when all of the available data I’ve seen says it isn’t fact. What is your evidentiary support for making this claim?

Listening to doctors in the current hot spots have been telling us over and over this variant is affecting children at a higher rate. Why does death rate have to be the bar? The virus leaves many with long term issues
Yes, this variant is “affecting”, meaning it is making more children test positive than other variants. It doesn’t change the underlying biology of the situation. Delta variant doesn’t make children grow adult densities of ACE2 receptors (why kids are less likely to get infected). Delta variant doesn’t change the number of children who are asymptomatic (coughing and sneezing are the primary vectors for ejecting virus into the atmosphere which is why children are less likely to spread COVID. Asymptomatic children “can” spread COVID but it isn’t close to the R0 of an infected adult).

Death rate is the bar because it is about keeping kids safe, not keeping kids from ever getting sick. The data is very clear that a SARS-CoV-2 infection in a child isn’t unsafe, or at least is more safe than influenza, riding in automobiles, or suicide. Even the long term issues that seem more common in adults are rare and mild in children. The most robust study I’ve read shows that 4 weeks after a positive test only 4.4% have lingering symptoms and by 8 weeks that number drops to 1.7%. Those numbers are admittedly higher than other respiratory illnesses like the common cold and flu, but not a lot higher.

One interesting aspect noted in the study was that children who had tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 and had some symptoms remaining after 4 weeks had on average 2 symptoms while those who had tested negative for SARS-CoV-2 (meaning they had the flu or common cold) but still had symptoms after 4 weeks had on average 5 symptoms. The long-haul kids who caught the flu or common cold were sicker than the long-haul kids who caught COVID.

With children I think we need to take a more holistic view. We can’t obsess on COVID to the exclusion of everything else. There are more things we need to take into account. I did watch the Mark Kline video and don’t dispute anything he said. He is right on the money and he doesn’t say anything to support your assertions of kids dying in the future or developing long haul symptoms. He said kids in the ICU went from 2 to 6 or 7 and he worries about resource allocation. For the last minute of his video he equates COVID to the flu. Kids today are not in any more danger than they have ever been. When it comes to kids, we need to let the data drive the decisions rather than succumbing to flights of paranoia. No one wants the kids to be sick, hurt, or worse, but we need to keep our eyes open to the harm inflicted by the safety measures and how that harm can outweigh the harm we are trying to protect them from. The kids need to be kids.

Last edited:
Hard to quantify that really because you have no way of knowing how many people might die due to the kids being a vector of infection. That is the bigger reason for protection in schools. How many kids will go home and infect mom or dad, or grandma and grandpa, and how many of them will die or suffer severe medical issues or infect other people.

For a lot of this the effort is to control vector of infection, not just protect that given demographic.
This is a valid concern and the early indications show schools aren't a significant vector of community SARS-CoV-2 infection. Admittedly, I’ve only read one study in the US tackling that issue but with a district comprised of over 90,000 students and full contact tracing they couldn’t find a single instance of a student infecting an adult. They did find 773 cases of community-acquired SARS-CoV-2 infection during their 9 week study with 32 secondary infections but zero from child-to-adult.

This is just one study and I’m on the hunt for more data. With all of the contact tracing that has happened since the start of the pandemic I know there exists good data to mine but I haven’t seen the dataset. If you see a paper or article quoting any statistics at all please let me know and I’ll get in contact with the source.

With my local school district, they do have an online option for those parents who do not feel comfortable sending their kids to school. I support that. It is very possible they may have someone elderly or immunocompromised in the home. I like choice. Choice is good. Where I start to put my activist hat on is with the same-size-fits-all mandates that I have hard data showing is not in the best interest of the kids.

People truly are stupid. The elites like Obama, AOC, DC Mayors and Pelosi are blatantly showing you mask are pointless yet absolute morons, stupid humans, wanna "shun" people. Look at all that maskless white privilege mask Nazis stay silent about because it's about "shunning" not about reality.
pelosi-no-mask-party-04.jpg

Notice how the brown guy has to wear a mask. Typical left wing slavery thought and racism. Mask for the slaves but not me.
pelosi-no-mask-party-03.jpg

We still letting in hundreds of thousands of unvaccinated immigrants?

Wonder why that's conveniently left out of Yahoos fluff piece? You would think that would've been brought up but we all know it's about spreading hate and fear nothing more.

Live and let live, right anti mask/vaxxers?

**** all of these people. **** them all

I thought shunning was ok you hypocrite. This is exactly what you grossly have been doing. There is literally zero differenc. This is the type of garbage excuse for a human behavior you've been displaying yet you don't see it. You are no different, both of you are disgusting.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: MVP