What's new

Coronavirus

Who told you that? I was told 2 weeks.

Super stiff arm, fever fluctuated yesterday, put me down for a bit... today much more stable.
The lady giving me the shot.

And it's not a yes or no issue. It's also not the same for everyone. It isn't like on day 9 you're 100% vulnerable and then on the 13th night something magical happens and you wake up the next morning "fully vaccinated."

10 days is pretty ****ing close to 2 weeks...

I've also said, after ~2 weeks I'm not going to play like I'm not vaccinated. I'd go to a 1000 person international house party and drink directly out of the community punch bowl.

I don't get this ****. I can mingle with one other unvaccinated household? GTFO.

I got my second dose of Pfizer the afternoon of Saturday 4/10. Did not sleep that night, ran a fever all night, nauseous, vomited. Laid in bed all day Sunday, gradually feeling better until I finally dared eat a little around 6 pm. Felt fine after that. This was after nothing more than a slightly stiff upper arm after dose 1.
We were told by the nurse who gave our second shot that 7 days is the “wait time” til fully effective.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I got my second dose of Pfizer the afternoon of Saturday 4/10. Did not sleep that night, ran a fever all night, nauseous, vomited. Laid in bed all day Sunday, gradually feeling better until I finally dared eat a little around 6 pm. Felt fine after that. This was after nothing more than a slightly stiff upper arm after dose 1.
We were told by the nurse who gave our second shot that 7 days is the “wait time” til fully effective.

I had the 2nd Pfizer dose on the 12th. I ached all over and was tired the next day but didn't feel "sick". The 2nd day I was still really tired, but overall not bad. My wife worked the day after dose 2 while also aching and feeling exhausted. Glad it wasn't worse. Many of her co-workers had zero side effects or only minor headaches.

Did you ever have Covid? Seems those that have tend to have worse reactions.

I had the 2nd Pfizer dose on the 12th. I ached all over and was tired the next day but didn't feel "sick". The 2nd day I was still really tired, but overall not bad. My wife worked the day after dose 2 while also aching and feeling exhausted. Glad it wasn't worse. Many of her co-workers had zero side effects or only minor headaches.

Did you ever have Covid? Seems those that have tend to have worse reactions.

Not 100% absolutely sure we had COVID (never got tested), but yes, we both had it. Wife was more sore after the first dose than I was, but she was completely fine after dose 2.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Damn. I will be getting my 2nd one in a few weeks. Hope it isn't like that

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I got the Pfizer vaccine a couple of months ago (I work for a hospital group). 1st one, sore arm and a little weakness that day, like I'd been working out. 2nd shot, about the same until the evening of the day after I got the shot, I felt sick, chill, fever, nausea, but it went away while I slept and then I felt fine.

The vaccine also screwed with my taste and smell. After the first dose, everything had a taste and smell of ammonia mixed with vinegar. Everything. It’s gradually changed. Now it’s only certain foods. I’ve noticed hot (freshly cooked) greasy foods are pretty bad. Most sweets are ok, but I had some M&Ms today that tasted like garbage. Peanut butter is no good. Bologna is ok, but not on a sandwich. Wheaties are no bueno, but Wheat Chex are good to go. It’s freaking weird and it sucks.

The vaccine also screwed with my taste and smell. After the first dose, everything had a taste and smell of ammonia mixed with vinegar. Everything. It’s gradually changed. Now it’s only certain foods. I’ve noticed hot (freshly cooked) greasy foods are pretty bad. Most sweets are ok, but I had some M&Ms today that tasted like garbage. Peanut butter is no good. Bologna is ok, but not on a sandwich. Wheaties are no bueno, but Wheat Chex are good to go. It’s freaking weird and it sucks.

Weird. I read others had a metallic taste like nickels in their mouth. Had not seen any one else with the side effects you are having.

Weird. I read others had a metallic taste like nickels in their mouth. Had not seen any one else with the side effects you are having.
I had covid in November and my smell is weak (50 percent maybe). My taste is off too. Many things taste metallic. Sprite, coke, and fried eggs have a strong metallic taste. Scrambled eggs, Dr Pepper, and root beer taste fine. Hamburgers also have an off taste. It’s not metallic but it’s not great.

it’s been 5 months.