What's new

Crowder's gotta go...

For everyone wanting us to be an offensive juggernaut let's us remember who this team is built around and what our coach wants our identity to be. I'll give you a hint, we're built around the reigning dpoy. If and when we get into the playoffs defense will always give us our best chance to win. Yes, we need better production on offense, but just wanting it doesn't make it happen. Smart moves over a period of time does.

When folks say the "Boston version of Crowder" they really mean the 2016-17 version of Jae Crowder. That year he started every game and played the majority of his minutes with Isiah Thomas - who had defenses scrambling all season.

Statistically that season was probably an outlier - his other two seasons with Boston are pretty much on par with how he's performed this year. So basically what we've seen is a regression towards the mean.

Honestly I dont know what people expect from Crowder. His contract is very reasonable and he is a solid bench player/fringe starter.

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app

As long as Crowder plays his game he is fine. When he starts trying to shoot off the dribble and fading away we get in trouble. I haven't checked his stats, but it seems like he has a low finish rate at the rim. While I don't think he is great, I don't know who you replace him with. He is a good value for his contract.

When folks say the "Boston version of Crowder" they really mean the 2016-17 version of Jae Crowder. That year he started every game and played the majority of his minutes with Isiah Thomas - who had defenses scrambling all season.

Statistically that season was probably an outlier - his other two seasons with Boston are pretty much on par with how he's performed this year. So basically what we've seen is a regression towards the mean.
Ehh, he was just a lot better back then. He had a lot more lift and he hit more contested shots. 16/17 Crowder hit 40% of his open 3's. 18/19 Crowder hits 33%.

I think when Exum is playing he makes DFavors look a lot better and relevant in the Jazz lineup moreso than Crowder. But that's moreso the eye test. If Exum plays more does it quiet the talk of Favors being moved .Favors is making 3's now to help himself.

I don’t think we have enough to give up to get OP3. Expirings aren’t enough imo and any other assets we’d be willing to trade suck. Unless we trade one or two 1sts.

Is Favors, Exum and a 1st enough?

If Washington look to reset or clear money anything could happen. We are at the right stage to start packaging multiple 1st with an expiring to bring in someone who will move the needle for us.

Favs + 2x1sts imo.

Washington may need one of those picks to move off Wall...

Ive actually always thought with Crowder the tougher the shot the better...

His efg% drops 15% with shots after 2 or more dribbles compared to 0-1 dribble. His % also drops dramaticLly when shooting low in the shot clock.

Yep, that's pretty much what l said .
No, you said he was good because he had scrambling defenses. He shot the same kind of shots that year that he is this year. I think he actually has a higher percentage of his shots coming as "wide open" this year (I would have to double check).

Um, so what is the consensus on whether this is Boston's Crowder or not? Because I like him a lot.

Um, so what is the consensus on whether this is Boston's Crowder or not? Because I like him a lot.

He's more like Boston Crowder than Cleveland Crowder who basically sucked. Of course before Boston Crowder came of age there was Dallas Crowder who wasn't much chop, barely any better than Marquette Crowder

So all in all i don't know who tf this dude is but i don't mind Utah year 2 Crowder at all

He's more like Boston Crowder than Cleveland Crowder who basically sucked. Of course before Boston Crowder came of age there was Dallas Crowder who wasn't much chop, barely any better than Marquette Crowder

So all in all i don't know who tf this dude is but i don't mind Utah year 2 Crowder at all

Hope we keep him for cheap.