What's new

Culturally Insensitive man bets a million dollars...

Go ahead and point me to the evidence that makes this 'pretty obvious'
Um, it conveniently has a history of being brought up by her and when and where she has brought it up? Lol

Also, the article I provided mentions several things.

Um, it conveniently has a history of being brought up by her and when and where she has? Lol

Also, the article I provided mentions several things.

So you don't have specifics. Figured as
much.

The article you provided actually refutes your claims here

Harvard Law School professor Charles Fried, who served as U.S. Solicitor General under President Ronald Reagan and was part of the committee that put Warren in a tenure position, said in a written statement that her ethnicity never came up during the process.

Here
Asked about Warren’s minority status, Robert H. Mundheim, the dean who hired Warren at the University of Pennsylvania, told the Boston Globethat summer, "‘I don't think I ever knew that she had those attributes and that would not have made much of a difference."

Here
A number of news organizations interviewed dozens of faculty and students from the three law schools where Warren taught, and no evidence emerged that any claim about her ethnic roots played a role in the hiring process.

That hasn’t moved her critics, including a biting op-ed in the conservative National Review, but even that article acknowledged hard proof of favoritism is lacking.

And here
Warren’s heritage wasn’t something she brought up during her 2012 Senate race against Republican Scott Brown.

The questions started with a Boston Herald story on April 27, 2012.

"Elizabeth Warren’s avowed Native American heritage — which the candidate rarely if ever discusses on the campaign trail — was once touted by embattled Harvard Law School officials who cited her claim as proof of their faculty’s diversity,"

It seems to me that Harvard used her claimed minority status to make themselves look more inclusive, but that's about as far as it goes.

My dad is 1/16th Russian (possibly 1/32 or 1/64 - doesn't matter.) He's never been there, but I still call him Russian because he's Russian. My mom's family did not like him being Russian and did not want my mother to marry him. When they got married, him, being Russian, caused a huge divide in my family. Many of my memories growing up are the bad memories about my family's divide because of my 1/16 (at best) Russian father.

Does this sound believable to you guys? It certainly doesn't with me. Maybe it is and I'm just an ******* or maybe you're gullible. Her story just doesn't add up.

My dad is 1/16th Russian (possibly 1/32 or 1/64 - doesn't matter.) He's never been there, but I still call him Russian because he's Russian. My mom's family did not like him being Russian and did not want my mother to marry him. When they got married, him, being Russian, caused a huge divide in my family. Many of my memories growing up are the bad memories about my family's divide because of my 1/16 (at best) Russian father.

Does this sound believable to you guys? It certainly doesn't with me. Maybe it is and I'm just an ******* or maybe you're gullible. Her story just doesn't add up.

Biff, did you actually read the links or just copy and paste them?

Here's what we can prove. Warren was listed as a minority in a faculty directory and she provided a recipe to a Native American cookbook, both of which took place decades ago.

If you want to extrapolate from that that she has been parading herself around as an Indian to advance her career, that says much more about you than it does her.

Ok, cool. In 1997, in the Fordham Law Review states, she was "touted by Harvard as efforts to create more diversity amongst faculty." The Harvard Comnection also specifically mentions her being Cherokee after she was hired. I'm not saying she was hired because of this. I'm saying I'm not naive enough to believe she didn't bring it up as another tool in the toolbag to get hired. I'm sure she wasn't hired because of simply her heritage.

She sure as hell milks 1/512 to me though. Lol

Ok, cool. In 1997, in the Fordham Law Review states, she was "touted by Harvard as efforts to create more diversity amongst faculty." The Harvard Comnection also specifically mentions her being Cherokee after she was hired. I'm not saying she was hired because of this. I'm saying I'm not naive enough to believe she didn't bring it up as another tool in the toolbag to get hired. I'm sure she wasn't hired because of simply her heritage.

She sure as hell milks 1/512 to me though. Lol

And in both of those instances, Warren was not the one who brought up her own background.

What's difficult to understand here?

Here's what we can prove. Warren was listed as a minority in a faculty directory and she provided a recipe to a Native American cookbook, both of which took place decades ago.

If you want to extrapolate from that that she has been parading herself around as an Indian to advance her career, that says much more about you than it does her.

She claims to be a minority? LMAO.

When you're 99% white, you probably shouldn't be listed as a minority or Cherokee by your employer or no? Seems fair to me.

You know, for sake of the actual minorities.

When you're 99% white, you probably shouldn't be listed as a minority or Cherokee by your employer or no? Seems fair to me.

You know, for sake of the actual minorities.
Yeah, I agree. Like I said, it's pretty clear Harvard was trying to boost its minority numbers.

That's still a far cry from Warren willfully misrepresenting herself to advance her career though.

And in both of those instances, Warren was not the one who brought up her own background.

What's difficult to understand here?

All I'm saying is she's told people, including Harvard, she's Native American and that seems a bit questionable.

What's so hard to understand about that?

Yeah, I agree. Like I said, it's pretty clear Harvard was trying to boost its minority numbers.

That's still a far cry from Warren willfully misrepresenting herself to advance her career though.
I agree with you on that. (The boosting part)

I don't think it's a farcar to say she mentioned it to advance her career. Why else did she tell Harvard she was Native before she was hired?

Yeah, I guess, maybe it got brought up. Don't know.

****ing spare me.

And I’m actually 1/128th Native American.

Well, get involved with your tribe. What's stopping you. The current chief of the Cherokee is 1/32 Cherokee. 30 different tribes in the US have no blood quota. You simply have to have an ancestor at some point which they chose.