What's new

Culturally Insensitive man bets a million dollars...

I agree with you on that. (The boosting part)

I don't think it's a farcar to say she mentioned it to advance her career. Why else did she tell Harvard she was Native before she was hired?

Yeah, I guess, maybe it got brought up. Don't know.

Is career advancement really the only reason you can think of that a person might share their ancestry?

Is career advancement really the only reason you can think of that a person might share their ancestry?
No. I mentioned two others and wondered why you singled out the Harvard point.

I don't know, man. But watching her talk about her ancestry, especially in the video I shared seems off and fraudulent to me.

I don't really have an opinion of her on anything else. She could be a great politician for all I know. My BS meter went off when she told her story and that was highly influenced by the DNA evidence.

Lastly, I appreciate you being cool in your discussions. It's nice to have a conversation that way and is way more educational. I learned a lot today. Lol

No. I mentioned two others and wondered why you singled out the Harvard point.

I don't know, man. But watching her talk about her ancestry, especially in the video I shared seems off and fraudulent to me.

I don't really have an opinion of her on anything else. She could be a great politician for all I know. My BS meter went off when she told her story and that was highly influenced by the DNA evidence.

Lastly, I appreciate you being cool in your discussions. It's nice to have a conversation that way and is way more educational. I learned a lot today. Lol

IAWTP. Either she’s full of ****, off her meds, or way too sensitive about this ****.

Well, get involved with your tribe. What's stopping you. The current chief of the Cherokee is 1/32 Cherokee. 30 different tribes in the US have no blood quota. You simply have to have an ancestor at some point which they chose.

What’s stopping me? It would be disengenuous as **** for one.

What’s stopping me? It would be disengenuous as **** for one.

The current Chief of the Cherokee is 1/32 Cherokee and has 31/32 European ancestors. That's 5 generations and based on his age, the Cherokee ancestor in question was born around 1800. That's actually fairly close to the lower range of where Warren's ancestor is. If the Cherokee accept him not just as a member but have elected him chief, who are you to say it's disingenuous?

The current Chief of the Cherokee is 1/32 Cherokee and has 31/32 European ancestors. That's 5 generations and based on his age, the Cherokee ancestor in question was born around 1800. That's actually fairly close to the lower range of where Warren's ancestor is. If the Cherokee accept him not just as a member but have elected him chief, who are you to say it's disingenuous?

Did I say it would be disingenuous of him?

Dude could be a South Park kid in the most uncool of ways.

I know the term childish can be overused, but Trump time and time again reminds me of **** I heard when I was a kid.
Yeah, his persona is very much that of a schoolyard bully. His coddled upbringing ensured he never had to evolve beyond that.

Trump is an idiot and retracts statements faster than *insert something witty.

That said, she's like 1/512 or 1/1,024 Native American or something like that. Seems like she's taking advantage of something she's not really. No one likes the people who claim they're Native American when you know they're not. She falls in this catagory to me. Don't be that person.
Where for you get those numbers from?

The report says 6 to 10 generations back. 6 generations back would be 1/64 right? You are posting 9 or 10 back, which is also a possibility but not a fair representation of what the report said.

My dad is 1/16th Russian (possibly 1/32 or 1/64 - doesn't matter.) He's never been there, but I still call him Russian because he's Russian. My mom's family did not like him being Russian and did not want my mother to marry him. When they got married, him, being Russian, caused a huge divide in my family. Many of my memories growing up are the bad memories about my family's divide because of my 1/16 (at best) Russian father.

Does this sound believable to you guys? It certainly doesn't with me. Maybe it is and I'm just an ******* or maybe you're gullible. Her story just doesn't add up.

What doesn't add up? Warner wasn't using her heritage as a PR stunt. She simply expressed that she was told she had native america ancestors. There wasn't a story here really until Trump starts calling her names. Conservatives made this a story and now that they have been proven wrong they are still trying to minimize that she was right by saying that she used it to get ahead. No real evidence of that or she has so little native america DNA that she is being a fraud for mentioning it. No where did Warner claim she was a member of a tribe or that she had a high percentage of Native American. She simply stated she had Native American blood in her family tree. Trump mocked her to take an DNA test and she did which exonerates her. Still conservative won't admit they were wrong.

What doesn't add up? Warner wasn't using her heritage as a PR stunt. She simply expressed that she was told she had native america ancestors. There wasn't a story here really until Trump starts calling her names. Conservatives made this a story and now that they have been proven wrong they are still trying to minimize that she was right by saying that she used it to get ahead. No real evidence of that or she has so little native america DNA that she is being a fraud for mentioning it. No where did Warner claim she was a member of a tribe or that she had a high percentage of Native American. She simply stated she had Native American blood in her family tree. Trump mocked her to take an DNA test and she did which exonerates her. Still conservative won't admit they were wrong.
Wasn't it the Boston Globe who started it back in 2012? I suggest reading that article. Her family is all over the place. Lol
"Warren acknowledged that she had identified herself as a minority in a legal directory for nearly a decade, and she was listed as a Native American in federal forms filed by the law schools at Harvard University and University of Pennsylvania where she worked. Warren has never fully explained her assertion of Native American ancestry, and her Republican opponents continue to brand her a liar. Officials from both schools have said that her assertion of ancestry was not a factor in her hiring."
Yes, Warren has claimed to be Cherokee too.
She's less than 1% (more than likely she's 1/512)
To me, she was just exposed for being a fraud. If you're less than 1% of a minority, you don't get to say you're a minority and be hyped as being culturally different.

Watch a video of her talking about her heritage (I posted one on here.) She milks it, man. She took a childhood story and ran with it. She hasn't just simply said she has Native blood in her tree and you're naive to believe that.

As much as I hate Trump, calling her Pocahontas is a pretty good ringer. Especially after bragging about her DNA test. No one cares if you're 1/512 of something. That said, Trump should pay her.

I totally thought there was no way in hell liberals would be apologists for a 99% white lady touting/defending she's a minority and has been recognized as a minority at Harvard. Isn't that whitesplaining (I think that's the term I'm looking for?)

If it's not, it's culture appropriation to the T.
"Cultural appropriation is the adoption of elements of a minority culture by members of the dominant culture. Because of the presence of power imbalances that are a byproduct of colonialism and oppression, cultural appropriation is distinct from equal cultural exchange." She wrote a book called, Pow Wow Chow. Lol