What's new

Dame Time

From The Hoops Collective Podcast:

MacMahon throws out the Jazz as a sleeper Dame team. He says the Jazz are at the minimum very intrigued by the possibility.

Windhorst says the Jazz are a lurker.

They talk about the potential package being Sexton/KO/THT plus one young guys and picks.

Windhorst said Dame and Collins would do some damage to the league.

MacMahon says the Jazz would be a threat in the West with Dame.

Windhorst makes a good point saying the chance for Utah to trade for a star is rare and it’s even more rare for that star to have 4 years left on his deal.

MacMahon says the reason you stockpile picks like the Jazz have is to go after a star and they can’t be that selective. They need to take their swing when they can.

MacMahon says he expects Utah to have some level of discussions whether it is for Dame or to help facilitate a Dame deal.

It sounds like we are being opportunistic with Dame, so I don't think we are worried about being out bid, we'll only do the deal if it's at the price we like.
I think that's the key is to not outbid ourselves. Danny is good about setting a price on a player and sticking to it, come hell or high water. The rumored teams can, in no way, outbid Utah, but neither do we want to pay a premium on that. Lauri, Kessler, and probably Ochai are off limits in my mind. A package around Sexy, THT, and KO, 3 picks (LAL, one Cleveland, one Minne), and the Cleveland swap gets that done in my mind as that gives Porty some youth, salary relief (5m immediately, KO & THT expiring), and some picks that'll have value.

From The Hoops Collective Podcast:

MacMahon throws out the Jazz as a sleeper Dame team. He says the Jazz are at the minimum very intrigued by the possibility.

Windhorst says the Jazz are a lurker.

They talk about the potential package being Sexton/KO/THT plus one young guys and picks.

Windhorst said Dame and Collins would do some damage to the league.

MacMahon says the Jazz would be a threat in the West with Dame.

Windhorst makes a good point saying the chance for Utah to trade for a star is rare and it’s even more rare for that star to have 4 years left on his deal.

MacMahon says the reason you stockpile picks like the Jazz have is to go after a star and they can’t be that selective. They need to take their swing when they can.

MacMahon says he expects Utah to have some level of discussions whether it is for Dame or to help facilitate a Dame deal.
Just listened to this. I liked the Maxey idea if no Dame and he goes to Philly. But that's unlikely.

I still think this is a weird time to do this for Utah. Suns have gone full superteam. Denver still has the best player in the league. Lakers even look like they’ve got a dark horse shot.

It seems like our window is in 3-4 years. But definitely trust wherever Ainge and Zan land on this. Bet the two of them and Ryan are having an insane day.

I still think this is a weird time to do this for Utah. Suns have gone full superteam. Denver still has the best player in the league. Lakers even look like they’ve got a dark horse shot.

It seems like our window is in 3-4 years. But definitely trust wherever Ainge and Zan land on this. Bet the two of them and Ryan are having an insane day.
I think it's probable that we get involved as we can facilitate picks for a player or two. I don't Philly deals him for a deal involving Dame, but Utah can pick up a piece or two out of it like, say, a Maxey, it would probably more of a timeline sense. I guess it depends if you think Dame pushes this team into contention or not.

I think you plan your window regardless of what other teams are doing. There will always be a super team or a team pushing all in or a team on the come up. I think you kinda just have to do your business and then play it out. The timing isn’t perfect but I think we’d be pretty damn good. Not sure we are title good but if the costs aren’t insane… say 3 unprotected picks, Sexton, expiring contracts… then I think you do it and see what else happens. I think they find a way to get him to
Miami.

I don’t think we will get Dame but I do think we may get involved somewhere in the deal. The Philly thing where we snake Maxey away or if Boston ends up moving Brown for him (which I think is a sneaky option on the table).

All of those teams have holes. If we get Dame we wouldn't have the highest end talent, but we might be the most complete team.

With the Collins deal and after signing Clarkson we are a win now team. Ainge has put together this team with the idea in mind that we will eventually trade for a star to complete the team.

I don’t think we will get Dame but I do think we may get involved somewhere in the deal. The Philly thing where we snake Maxey away or if Boston ends up moving Brown for him (which I think is a sneaky option on the table).
I wouldn’t mind getting involved for Brown if that ends up being an option tbh. He’s one of the guys that I think the Jazz should pursue as the “next move” after Dame, but he could be the first move as well.

I would put our odds at like 25% right now, which isn't bad. I don't think we're all in by any means, so it will make it more difficult to compete as the price goes up. I think it just depends on which teams are all in and what their max offer is.

I think Herro to Brooklyn makes some sense. Getting out of the Ben Simmons business and getting a guy that can contribute in that giant salary slot would be a decent use of picks… wouldn’t take them completely out of the Donovan Mitchell sweepstakes that will come. Herro can be used in that deal if/when the time comes.

I would put our odds at like 25% right now, which isn't bad. I don't think we're all in by any means, so it will make it more difficult to compete as the price goes up. I think it just depends on which teams are all in and what their max offer is.
I think 25% chance we get involved… not 25% chance we get dame… I would agree with that. There are like 2-3 scenarios I could see working for us.