What's new

Dame Time

So Luka vs Dame… I pick Luka even though I hate watching him play. But, it isn’t certain he will be on the market, and he will certainly cost more.

Brown would be awesome, but it sounds like he is in line to get a super max extension with the Celtics.

Isn’t embiid injury prone? I’m less excited by this option because I think we’d still be short a ball handler and he too would cost more.
Do you want a young mvp injury prone dude who’s been relatively healthy lately, and his history relatively in the past or the old allstar that has had a variety of injury issues. And multiple injuries all year long?

I am a dang flip flopper. I wanted nothing to do with Herro yesterday, today I wouldnt mind him for the right package.

I just want to put the best players on the court and win now.

I am a dang flip flopper. I wanted nothing to do with Herro yesterday, today I wouldnt mind him for the right package.

I just want to put the best players on the court and win now.

I don’t mind Herro at all , contract is a little on the rich side but nothing super bad .

Wouldn’t be giving anything of substance if we are helping 2 teams

His timeline does not match utah it’s not at all a good fit. Does it not concern you that in the last 4 years he hasn’t played more than 67 games, and just over half last year?
Does it not concern you that you haven’t identified a single alternative that is actually on the market?

Also…. Embiid has played in 67 games once (68) in his entire seven year career. If that’s the hill you are doing to die on at least be consistent.

If Blazers trade Dame to Miami for anything less than he is worth then thats a scary precedent from the perspective of any team that isnt a destination.

If even the "blue collar type" stars dictate stuff like this in addition to the primadonnas who have been doing it for ages, how will "the other teams" ever get a star or even trust to hold on to one they homegrow?

Player empowerment needs a bullet in the leg. Hopefully Cronin provides one.

Make front offices great again.

If Blazers trade Dame to Miami for anything less than he is worth then thats a scary precedent from the perspective of any team that isnt a destination.

If even the "blue collar type" stars dictate stuff like this in addition to the primadonnas who have been doing it for ages, how will "the other teams" ever get a star or even trust to hold on to one they homegrow?

ESPN was talking about this. One solution was when players sign a contract, they would lose 50% ( or some percent) of their money for wanting to be traded. This way players couldn't sign super deals with smaller teams and then demand a trade

At some point, the hand that feeds also will slap back. I think a lot of FOs try to do right by the player in most situations, and I don't have an issue with that. There are some players who have earned that right, Dame for example. But trying to constrict that organization that drafted you, developed you, paid you, and, in some part, made you from trying to get some pieces to start the cycle again by twisting their nuts to a single destination? Nah, I'm good. Lilliard has earned over 230m from NBA contracts alone during his tenure. I lose sentimentality for manchildren. He can vacation in Miami and play in Siberia.

My sentiments exactly. I have little hope in winning it all with the current state of player empowerment. Unless we draft a Jokic who gives no crap about where he plays.
I actually had hope Dame would consider Utah at some point but I guess that ship sailed and sank harder then Titanic. I guess Rudy/Don was the reason he mentioned us in 2017? Though I think this team is built better for his style. But I regress.

Does it not concern you that you haven’t identified a single alternative that is actually on the market?

Also…. Embiid has played in 67 games once (68) in his entire seven year career. If that’s the hill you are doing to die on at least be consistent.
My god man!! Do you want someone that’s ****ing old and isn’t going to play up to the entirety of the contract and completely **** up the rebuild because we won’t get equal value when it comes time to trade him. Imo he has 1-2 prime years before he slows down. That contract ain’t going to age well. Show some damn patience.

He had a chance to leave before signing this last contract , he earned that right , but ultimately decided to take Portland's cash and stay .

At this time , they weren’t a championship contender , good but not great .

Now he is upset with the draft pick not being traded for more help .

latest reports suggest that his manager has said he won’t report if traded to anyone else but Miami ..

If this is true , I hope Portland send him to the worst team possible .

For me , I think we have done so much in the past 12 months , I’m not keen for signing up for this drama

My god man!! Do you want someone that’s ****ing old and isn’t going to play up to the entirety of the contract and completely **** up the rebuild because we won’t get equal value when it comes time to trade him. Imo he has 1-2 prime years before he slows down. That contract ain’t going to age well. Show some damn patience.
Yes - I do want Dame for the 1-2 years he has left of his prime, and 80% Dame for years 3-4. I think we have a window now and with him we have a chance at a title now and again in four years when everyone else is in their prime and we reset from Dame’s contract.