What's new

Dame Time

He had a chance to leave before signing this last contract , he earned that right , but ultimately decided to take Portland's cash and stay .

At this time , they weren’t a championship contender , good but not great .

Now he is upset with the draft pick not being traded for more help .

latest reports suggest that his manager has said he won’t report if traded to anyone else but Miami ..

If this is true , I hope Portland send him to the worst team possible .

For me , I think we have done so much in the past 12 months , I’m not keen for signing up for this drama
Agreed. At this point, it's just not worth the headache. The Jazz have been remaking the roster with a certain character of player. If Dame becomes a mental case, it's not worth spoiling what's being built for the right to get pwned by Denver.

Super nerd trade idea within the Miami dame trade… this is really for @NUMBERICA . The picks Miami can offer are way out 2028 and 2030. Those are still really valuable if unprotected… especially if Miami is burning up everything to build on expensive guys in their mid 30s. For Portland they are too far out… we actually have too many picks in 2025-2027 and need to smooth that out. So say we send the 2025 Wolves pick and the 2027 lakers (may have to be a 2027 Wolves or Cavs pick) pick so that Portland gets something more on their timeline… we push the picks out with a great franchise so for our troubles we pick up a super swap in 2029 with the 3 picks we own that year. Portland gets a 2027 swap with their pick or the pick we sent them. Making the swaps more valuable here is a way to manufacture some value.

Swap SZN ya bitches.

Super nerd trade idea within the Miami dame trade… this is really for @NUMBERICA . The picks Miami can offer are way out 2028 and 2030. Those are still really valuable if unprotected… especially if Miami is burning up everything to build on expensive guys in their mid 30s. For Portland they are too far out… we actually have too many picks in 2025-2027 and need to smooth that out. So say we send the 2025 Wolves pick and the 2027 lakers (may have to be a 2027 Wolves or Cavs pick) pick so that Portland gets something more on their timeline… we push the picks out with a great franchise so for our troubles we pick up a super swap in 2029 with the 3 picks we own that year. Portland gets a 2027 swap with their pick or the pick we sent them. Making the swaps more valuable here is a way to manufacture some value.

Swap SZN ya bitches.
TLDR; Miami gets Dame by sending ‘28, ‘30, and a super swap in ‘29 to us, and we send ‘25 and ‘27 picks to Portland? That the gist?

Yes - I do want Dame for the 1-2 years he has left of his prime, and 80% Dame for years 3-4. I think we have a window now and with him we have a chance at a title now and again in four years when everyone else is in their prime and we reset from Dame’s contract.
And the window closes the minute he puts on the uni because he’s 100% getting injured. Imagine those two years of prime. That’s 164 games and you get 60-90 games, and one of those years is during the playoffs. Now you can’t trade him because he’s a shell of himself. Thi may or may not happen, but with his recent history you can’t say it won’t happen which is why it’s an unnecessary risk.

TLDR; Miami gets Dame by sending ‘28, ‘30, and a super swap in ‘29 to us, and we send ‘25 and ‘27 picks to Portland? That the gist?
Yea… plus Portland gets a 2027 swap that is more valuable cuz they own their pick and one of the picks we sent.

And the window closes the minute he puts on the uni because he’s 100% getting injured. Imagine those two years of prime. That’s 164 games and you get 60-90 games, and one of those years is during the playoffs. Now you can’t trade him because he’s a shell of himself. Thi may or may not happen, but with his recent history you can’t say it won’t happen which is why it’s an unnecessary risk.
Lol - he has had one season in his career where he had less than 58 games. Outside of one injury he has been pretty solid throughout his career.

But you guarantee he will be injured for the next two years at a catastrophic level that will ruin his entire career.

Same logic… trade Lauri right now because he has an injury history and one horrible injury and he will lose his value completely.

Swap SZN ya bitches.
Give me 2nds too and it looks good to me.