What's new

Dame Time

We probably need to wait for the season to start to even 'try' to convince Dame to go somewhere else. Maybe if we are 25-7, he'd probably change his mind

I just don’t understand why the hell anyone wants to trade for Dame basically at the very limit of his prime if he’s even still there due to his recent injury history when we have all the assets needed to easily get a star without completely limiting the team we can put around said star. It makes ZERO sense to bring him in, ZERO!!!!

I just don’t understand why the hell anyone wants to trade for Dame basically at the very limit of his prime if he’s even still there due to his recent injury history when we have all the assets needed to easily get a star without completely limiting the team we can put around said star. It makes ZERO sense to bring him in, ZERO!!!!
I can only represent my own thoughts…
  • Real stars don’t get traded every year so I don’t think we can be too picky.
  • I believe we have an additional short window while Lauri and Walker are on cheap contracts in addition to another window when they hit their primes.
  • I suspect we can get Dame on a discount due to his age. Meaning I would expect us to have enough left over for another big trade.

I can only represent my own thoughts…
  • Real stars don’t get traded every year so I don’t think we can be too picky.
  • I believe we have an additional short window while Lauri and Walker are on cheap contracts in addition to another window when they hit their primes.
  • I suspect we can get Dame on a discount due to his age. Meaning I would expect us to have enough left over for another big trade.
There are rumors a plenty of stars who could be changing addresses who are much younger. Dame is too old and I’d hate to lose assets for possibly two years if even that if the injuries persist. It’s a bad gamble.

There are rumors a plenty of stars who could be changing addresses who are much younger. Dame is too old and I’d hate to lose assets for possibly two years if even that if the injuries persist. It’s a bad gamble.
Ok - which stars (in my mind that is a top 10 player) do you think are possibilities? I think Luka could free up in the next 1-2 years, but that isn’t a sure thing.

Dame is like the sexy *** older secretary wearing a very short skirt, thigh high stockings, perfect body, with **** me eyes. You know she is a few years away from being over the hill. Every logical bone in your body is telling you to walk away, but that one emotional bone in your body just wants to keep grabbing jelly beans from her desk and see what happens.

Dame is like the sexy *** older secretary wearing a very short skirt, thigh high stockings, perfect body, with **** me eyes. You know she is a few years away from being over the hill. Every logical bone in your body is telling you to walk away, but that one emotional bone in your body just wants to keep grabbing jelly beans from her desk and see what happens.
Where do you work???

So if Lillard just stays quiet... doesn't write a player tribune piece and then leaves Blazers with nothing that is better... nationally everyone will be cool with it just like how Lebron did it... oh wait. Leaving them with a couple unprotected picks and a couple prospects is lighting the place on fire? Damn... I wish Gordo would have lit this place on fire when he left.

So you wish Dame breaks his leg in game 1. Wow.

I think maybe some here should just say they don't want a player to ever have their say on where they should play. Because no matter how they do it, it won't be good enough or the way they needed it to be done to be acceptable.
Nobody is cheering for anyone to break a leg, some Kyrie style internal sabotage would be kinda cool though. Dude sabotaged two super teams.

The only two free agency departures that left a bad taste in NBA fans mouths were Lebron and KD each for their own reasons. Dame is looking to join them, the problem is that Dame isn't as good as them.

Agents colluding to force stars to certain markets despite valid contracts will ruin the NBA for small markets. I'm an NBA fan for a small market. I really don't care about Dame's feelings at that point.

Dejounte is off the market now as well. That is exactly why you take a chance on Dame because who knows when the next star will be available that we’d be in on.

I think the fact that the noise is really superficial that we may get involved is a sign we are interested in getting involved to get Dame. If we just wanted to use the name and picks to eff with Riley it would be pretty easy to do. In a couple weeks this could get real interesting.

Feels like the interest is real from the Jazz and Danny's just biding his time waiting for the right moment to pounce.

Nobody is cheering for anyone to break a leg, some Kyrie style internal sabotage would be kinda cool though. Dude sabotaged two super teams.
I mean you wished him the same fate... I guess he could just spout some antisemitic nonsense instead. I won't begrudge the guy or his new team.
The only two free agency departures that left a bad taste in NBA fans mouths were Lebron and KD each for their own reasons. Dame is looking to join them, the problem is that Dame isn't as good as them.
Maybe in the national media but locally the Hayward departure sucked. Dame likely cares equally or close to it how he is viewed in Portland and nationally. I

Agents colluding to force stars to certain markets despite valid contracts will ruin the NBA for small markets. I'm an NBA fan for a small market. I really don't care about Dame's feelings at that point.
First of all - Dame wouldn't be leaving if they had built something good around them... gave them 11 years to do it... and they might be in a spot where they would trade him anyway like Memphis did to Conley.

Second of all - Small markets have been hurt way more losing guys for nothing. Trade requests are hugely beneficial to small markets. There will never be a perfectly level playing field no matter how we configure the rules. KD and Gordo abandoning OKC and us was awful. Imagine if Indiana had PG walk for nothing instead of getting Oladipo and Sabonis... which resulted in the current team having Haliburton. What if AD just plays out his deal then goes to LA? No Ingram, picks on picks on picks...

As a fan of a small market team Dame is about as awesome as you could potentially hope for... but now folks want to crush him cuz he wants to win rather than play meaningless minutes in Portland while his prime shrivels away. If they get 2 picks instead of 3... I don't really think Dame is screwing them and burning down the franchise on his way out. If they really feel that then call his bluff... he won't want to miss out on checks. They won't do that either because they are as eager to move on as he is.

Ok - which stars (in my mind that is a top 10 player) do you think are possibilities? I think Luka could free up in the next 1-2 years, but that isn’t a sure thing.
First of all. I’d rather go another direction than risk spending assets for a guy that is injury prone and quite possibly only good for another year or two and add injuries that will hamper our season because older stars tend to not being healthy come playoff time.

But it’s been discussed that Ainge is keeping tabs on the Luka situation there’s been turmoil in Philadelphia. Is Embiid at some point going to ask out and the Brown situation is well documented. Those are just a few.

And has sexually transmitted diseases Im sure.

First of all. I’d rather go another direction than risk spending assets for a guy that is injury prone and quite possibly only good for another year or two and add injuries that will hamper our season because older stars tend to not being healthy come playoff time.

But it’s been discussed that Ainge is keeping tabs on the Luka situation there’s been turmoil in Philadelphia. Is Embiid at some point going to ask out and the Brown situation is well documented. Those are just a few.
So Luka vs Dame… I pick Luka even though I hate watching him play. But, it isn’t certain he will be on the market, and he will certainly cost more.

Brown would be awesome, but it sounds like he is in line to get a super max extension with the Celtics.

Isn’t embiid injury prone? I’m less excited by this option because I think we’d still be short a ball handler and he too would cost more.