What's new

Dame Time

How the hell is anyone going to stop Lauri/Dame in the playoffs?
In regards to stopping Dame, teams have already been doing this. he has 22 career playoffs wins. . .
As I stated earlier, looking past his big highlight end of game shots - his game shrinks in the playoffs. It's why I've wanted to see Portland move on from him for half a decade. . .

I think we end up coming in 3rd in a Dame race. I could see Morey swinging a deal and not caring all that much about how comfortable or uncomfortable it is. Miami in pole position as long as they can find something okay for Herro. Even if Brooklyn ponied up one of the Phoenix firsts to turn Simmons into Herro... i think Portland might be able to talk themselves into 3 firsts and some bad, but short-ish salary. I would see if there is a first out there for Jacquez but maybe they also just keep him.

If you don’t want Dame… what’s the alternative? Hope Luka wants out and he is willing to give Utah a chance? Hope a rookie blows up to be a top 20 player in the next 1-2 years?

Embrace the Dame (if it’s a reasonable deal).

Jazz got a better defensive team on paper than the Nuggets and they did just fine.

With buckets!!!
I guess we just have to agree to disagree. Do you really think if adding Lillard makes us that much of a no-brainer contender, we wouldn't be first in line to get him? Wouldn't you think all the analysts wouldn't be harping on how the Jazz have to make tha trade?

I just don't see it. I guess at this point we are just talking hypotheticals... so ... lets see what happens...

I guess we just have to agree to disagree. Do you really think if adding Lillard makes us that much of a no-brainer contender, we wouldn't be first in line to get him? Wouldn't you think all the analysts wouldn't be harping on how the Jazz have to make tha trade?

I just don't see it. I guess at this point we are just talking hypotheticals... so ... lets see what happens...
I think Danny is probably trying to pay the right amount and not get squeezed and Portland is probably trying to squeeze.

And no, we are Utah. People arent going to be talking about us that much compared to Miami.

I know we fantasize about Giannis/Luka, but the odds of us being able to land them is so slim. IF we do get them, it's probably going to be with 1 or 2 years left on their deal and it will be a huge question mark if they would re-sign.

At least with Lillard you get him for 4 years. He's coming off a career year stats wise. He might not have 4 elite years left, but I think he has 4 good years left.
Giannis/Luka and Dame are just not the same conversation.

Dame is a great player, but he has always had serious - maybe catastrophic - warts in his game, but now he’s at a dangerous age and is scheduled to make, what, more than any player ever?

I just think anyone trading for Dame is desperate and we have no reason to be desperate. And if we trade four picks or whatever then we just botched the rebuild.

It’s weird to me that we’re gonna watch how the last year played out where the Jazz looked like geniuses for snatching two bags of assets for flawed star players, only to turn around and throw a bag at another flawed star but older and more expensive.

And when does team success start to matter? The Blazers had a flukey run to the WCF where they got thumped and have been so painfully mediocre, what, every other year? At best? When does Dame have any culpability for that?

I just don’t think this is a home run in any believable scenario.

I think we end up coming in 3rd in a Dame race. I could see Morey swinging a deal and not caring all that much about how comfortable or uncomfortable it is. Miami in pole position as long as they can find something okay for Herro. Even if Brooklyn ponied up one of the Phoenix firsts to turn Simmons into Herro... i think Portland might be able to talk themselves into 3 firsts and some bad, but short-ish salary. I would see if there is a first out there for Jacquez but maybe they also just keep him.

According to Windhorst, Maxey is untouchable right now.

The deeper we get into this discussion, the more I’m being swayed towards wanting Dame.

The entire plan behind getting rid of Gobert/Donovan was to start over and build a team that can win a title.

Danny got a **** load of assets for both, came up aces on Lauri and Kessler, and now there’s a game changing superstar available that might prefer Miami, but would end up being just fine with returning to Utah.

Go get him, make a 3 year run at some championships, and then hit the start over button again. I miss the Jazz being in the legit hunt for a ring. Dame absolutely puts us in the hunt. Period.

I think Danny is probably trying to pay the right amount and not get squeezed and Portland is probably trying to squeeze.

And no, we are Utah. People arent going to be talking about us that much compared to Miami.
Are the Jazz with Lillard better team than Miami with LIllard? Because I don't think Miami with Lillard is top tier contender either...

MacMahon who actually covers the team thinks we would be a threat in the playoffs. Most of the analysts didn’t watch us very much last year. Hell, a lot of people still don’t realize how good Markkanen or Kessler was for us.

Giannis/Luka and Dame are just not the same conversation.

Dame is a great player, but he has always had serious - maybe catastrophic - warts in his game, but now he’s at a dangerous age and is scheduled to make, what, more than any player ever?

I just think anyone trading for Dame is desperate and we have no reason to be desperate. And if it trade four picks or whatever then we just botched the rebuild.

It’s weird to me that we’re really gonna watch how the last year played out where the Jazz looked like geniuses for snatching two bags of assets for flawed star players, only to turn around and throw a bag at another flawed star but older and more expensive.

And when does team success start to matter? The Blazers had a flukey run to the WCF where they got thumped and have been so painfully mediocre, what, every other year? At best? When does Dame have any culpability for that?
Lauri would automatically be the best player he has ever played with. Dame's always played with less than stellar teams.

And no one has said give up 4 picks. Miami is only offering two and any two picks Utah takes out of their bag are higher value than Miami's.

According to Windhorst, Maxey is untouchable right now.
I listened to it... it was clearly an over the top joke. If Portland would take picks and Maxey for Dame then Morey would pack his bags for him.

Dame’s best teammate since Aldridge has been ****ing McCollum who is super overrated.

Lauri would automatically be the best player he has ever played with. Dame's always played with less than stellar teams.

And no one has said give up 4 picks. Miami is only offering two and any two picks Utah takes out of their bag are higher value than Miami's.
The Jazz would probably have to pay more because they have more. And I count a fresh draft pick as a pick.

Lol. What? We have Kessler.

We also don’t have a historically awesome offense so you can just stop with this non-sense.
1688413744354.png

Maybe I cant read but this says Utah's offense was only 1.5 points lower than the Nuggets and that was with us half-tanking and not having Damian Lillard.

People were saying McCollum was better than Dame a few years back when they played together. How amnesiac sports fans are.