What's new

Dame Time

A random dark horse that I think could, and should, throw their hat in the ring would be Orlando.
They shouldn't and they won't. They are building something great in Orlando and there is no reason to screw it up.

I mean he averaged 32.2 PPG and 7.3 APG this year. He’s about to turn 33 but if we got 2-3 elite years from him we would have a legit shot at winning a title.
We probably not getting Dame w/o giving up Lauri or all the picks. I'm good for passing on that for a dude that hasn't played a full season in years, is probably going to age badly, and will make 60m in a few years.

We should have just kept Don if that's the case.

We probably not getting Dame w/o giving up Lauri or all the picks. I'm good for passing on that for a dude that hasn't played a full season in years, is probably going to age badly, and will make 60m in a few years.

We should have just kept Don if that's the case.

You think it’s going to take more than 3-4 firsts to get him? Have you seen his contract? Lauri isn’t going to be included at all either lol. You get Dame to pair with Lauri.

Donovan wishes he was as good as Dame.

Miami is currently offering Portland some expired left overs and a couple fortune cookies and you think we’d have to give up all the picks from the DM and Rudy trades to get him?
Well then I guess Miami is the only org with nothing to offer that he is interested in playing for smh
He was never going to Miami without a 3rd team. You want to bet on something, bet on Ainge trying to steal value being the 3rd team, the one with draft picks.
I bet we could get Herro for example for a Wolves pick and JC.
Either way 2 things matter more than anything here.
1. Dame does not want to play on this roster anymore than he does in Portland.
2. Jazz would have to give up LM and I just cannot see them getting him if they are refusing to do that. not without getting outbid by the Lakers with AD or the Clippers with PG
or even the Celtics with Brown

The thing I think people need to understand is that yes, it’ll have to be quite the package to get Lillard, but we will not have to empty the cupboard, and we should be able to keep Lauri and Kessler. Ainge has put us in a really good position to at least be in these discussions, and at the same time, I think we can all agree that he won’t overpay in a deal. He’s the type of guy that won’t let emotions dictate his decisions and will have no problem walking away from the deal.

If the Jazz have Dame Lillard locked in for 4 years, would that make it more or less likely that Luka will demand a trade and name Utah one of his preferred destinations?

Lillard / Luka / Lauri / Hendricks / Kessler. That's three All Stars and decent role players.

I know it's Danny Ainge, but you are crazy if you think we can get him for less than all the picks we got for Don and Rudy. Not without losing LM.
Lmao. You actually think we’d have to give an all nba worthy player and 6 draft picks to get Dame??! Most idiotic thing I’ve ever heard
The going rate (pre new CBA) for a star was 4 unprotected picks, at least 1 swap, and good young players. I imagine POR will hold out for something like that. A package from us would have to look something like this:

CLE 25 1st
CLE 27 1st
MIN 25 1st
LAL 27 1st
Swap in 26 or 28
Collins
Hendricks
THT

Might have to throw in another asset, but we could do it and still have a good amount of draft assets leftover. I don’t foresee someone offering 6-7 first rounders for him.
Um no
Dame and Collins could be Ainge’s new Garnett and Allen.
Extremely lite. Lol

Well then I guess Miami is the only org with nothing to offer that he is interested in playing for smh
He was never going to Miami without a 3rd team. You want to bet on something, bet on Ainge trying to steal value being the 3rd team, the one with draft picks.
I bet we could get Herro for example for a Wolves pick and JC.
Either way 2 things matter more than anything here.
1. Dame does not want to play on this roster anymore than he does in Portland.
2. Jazz would have to give up LM and I just cannot see them getting him if they are refusing to do that. not without getting outbid by the Lakers with AD or the Clippers with PG
or even the Celtics with Brown
I’m sure POR will ask for these types of players, but I think everyone is in agreement that teams won’t be trading their All-NBA players to get Dame. They’ll be trading to pair him with their All-NBA players. Miami is the big name right now and have you once heard anyone mention Bam or Jimmy in their package?