What's new

Dante Exum repentance thread

BTP

Whoever had the audacity to demand Exum to be traded for spare parts in return, this is your place to redeem yourselves and repent for your ****talk towards the Outback godzelle.
The high court is lead by judge Rudy. He's free to reject dishonest claims as he pleases.

xYLnrXm.jpg

Attachments

• lul.jpg
    lul.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 36
i'm still skeptical, but excited to at least see SOMETHING from him.. it's like a new set of gears started turning in his head.

i'm still skeptical, but excited to at least see SOMETHING from him.. it's like a new set of gears started turning in his head.

He shows SOMETHING, and actually what he shows is something thats scarce or rare.. you just gotta know what you're looking at.

Good example; I used to have a long running argument with AKMVP (does he still post?) about Dante's 1st step.

He used to claim that X wasn't fast and didn't have blazing acceleration. I used to say his first step is "a force of nature" and "lightning quick"..

at this point, conclusively there's evidence of the ladder..

Exum vs Jabari moving forward in that draft class could be interesting to track after jabari's latest injury.

He shows SOMETHING, and actually what he shows is something thats scarce or rare.. you just gotta know what you're looking at.

Good example; I used to have a long running argument with AKMVP (does he still post?) about Dante's 1st step.

He used to claim that X wasn't fast and didn't have blazing acceleration. I used to say his first step is "a force of nature" and "lightning quick"..

at this point, conclusively there's evidence of the ladder..

Exum vs Jabari moving forward in that draft class could be interesting to track after jabari's latest injury.

He posts as just MVP now.

And exam is so quick. It's deceptive though, because he is so big.

Given his age and how little he has played, it was ridiculous and uninformed to throw Exum under the bus. It is also too soon to act like we know what we have. The jury is still out as it is with most in DE's situation. We did the same Merry Go Round on this site with Hayward.

Last edited:
Given his age and how little he has played, it was ridiculous and uniformed to throw Exum under the bus. It is also too soon to act like we know what we have. The jury is still out as it is with most in DE's situation. We did the same Merry Go Round on this site with Hayward.

add injury history and making an insane leap in competition level to the list too..

I'm like Lehi's wife. I was strong until the very end...but even then, I wanted to only move him if we got an all star back in exchange. Hell, I'd still move him, Favors, Hood and a ton of picks for Lillard.

So, I haven't changed at all. Our title hopes still rest on his growing shoulders. Whether he brings the piece to put us over the top, or he develops into that star, if we have any shot of a title, it goes through Exum.

He's having his sophomore struggles right now, but I see him being an aggressive attacking guard. The main area's I want to see improvement in is passing IQ and finishing

He posts as just MVP now.

And exam is so quick. It's deceptive though, because he is so big.

well it is deceptive, in part cuz of how he's built, he's got really long legs. part of it is just raw explosion and acceleration tho, it's something i'd imagine scouts would say 'flashes'

He's pretty much got his own crossover move that he uses too, u don't really see it done exactly like that by other players.. and part of that relies on deception he kinda makes it like he's scanning the floor, or gonna pull back or up and then boom he's a full stride past the defender moving at high speed. he'll also break this out when he's moving high-speeds approacing the 3pt line everyonce in a while, thats the best variation of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBGYmuiWQ0I you can find him doing this exact move in HS.. I located and posted the footage that summer of the draft.

his go-to move you see him use more often is this in-and-out dribble, something that CP3's perfected over the years, Dante uses it really well he gets low and he does it fast and sets it up quickly.. He tortured OKC with this move the other night it's how he scored 22.. You'll see him crush Kanter with it, Sabonis, Abrines --- and he's beating em not just by a step, he's getting a step and a half.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3e-NKEp5mw

A part of Exum 'getting it' is he tries to beat his defender right away, and not just beat you slightly, he's trying to get you to lean forward or on your heels or to the wrong side to set you up or lull you into the blow-by, like what smaller guards need to do.

What ya'll don't realize here is that we have one of the BEST coaches for developing TALENT! Everyone has thrown Trey Lyles out too and just you wait and watch. Quin's messages get through. I loved last night when he critiqued Gobert who some may think has already arrived. It sounded like Popovich putting a game on Ginobli's shoulders.

Dante is only JUST starting to scratch that potential. He is still in a little boy's body. He is still not dunking on those drives when he could be. Quin will shape and mold Dante and Trey and others. As long as we have a willing mind and strong culture on the team, Dr. Quin Medicine Man will bring the cure. I am still VERY bullish on our youth and hope to be for the next 2 decades under he and DL's watch. Ya'll can eat your humble pie, but I haven't thrown the youth under the bus due to the coaching. I was upset that we drafted Trey over Booker, but once we have a guy... I am convinced that the coaches will get them to grow as much as they choose to grow.

What ya'll don't realize here is that we have one of the BEST coaches for developing TALENT! Everyone has thrown Trey Lyles out too and just you wait and watch. Quin's messages get through. I loved last night when he critiqued Gobert who some may think has already arrived. It sounded like Popovich putting a game on Ginobli's shoulders.

Dante is only JUST starting to scratch that potential. He is still in a little boy's body. He is still not dunking on those drives when he could be. Quin will shape and mold Dante and Trey and others. As long as we have a willing mind and strong culture on the team, Dr. Quin Medicine Man will bring the cure. I am still VERY bullish on our youth and hope to be for the next 2 decades under he and DL's watch. Ya'll can eat your humble pie, but I haven't thrown the youth under the bus due to the coaching. I was upset that we drafted Trey over Booker, but once we have a guy... I am convinced that the coaches will get them to grow as much as they choose to grow.

Well put

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well it is deceptive, in part cuz of how he's built, he's got really long legs. part of it is just raw explosion and acceleration tho, it's something i'd imagine scouts would say 'flashes'

He's pretty much got his own crossover move that he uses too, u don't really see it done exactly like that by other players.. and part of that relies on deception he kinda makes it like he's scanning the floor, or gonna pull back or up and then boom he's a full stride past the defender moving at high speed. he'll also break this out when he's moving high-speeds approacing the 3pt line everyonce in a while, thats the best variation of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBGYmuiWQ0I you can find him doing this exact move in HS.. I located and posted the footage that summer of the draft.

his go-to move you see him use more often is this in-and-out dribble, something that CP3's perfected over the years, Dante uses it really well he gets low and he does it fast and sets it up quickly.. He tortured OKC with this move the other night it's how he scored 22.. You'll see him crush Kanter with it, Sabonis, Abrines --- and he's beating em not just by a step, he's getting a step and a half.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3e-NKEp5mw

A part of Exum 'getting it' is he tries to beat his defender right away, and not just beat you slightly, he's trying to get you to lean forward or on your heels or to the wrong side to set you up or lull you into the blow-by, like what smaller guards need to do.

Nice post. I've like X all along. However that last shot off the glass by bolomboy was perfect. bigs don't use the glass enough around the hoop. It creates angles and opportunities shot blockers don't expect. that kid has potential too!

it is a little funny, and indicative of how far our expectations have dropped, that people are calling for crow and humble pie just because Dante managed to string together some OK games (and 1 great one in a loss). I think what we DO KNOW is that we DON'T KNOW what he is, good or bad.

Now if only we had a coach who wouldn't hinder his development and actually play him some more. In last night's loss to the Cavs, when Exum was on the court, he was basically forced to stand in the corner and watch Hill **** up play after play. He should have gotten the opportunity to run some of the plays.