What's new

Dante has been out forever because he ded

That might be the case... they didn’t say when or if he’d be evaluated again. Dallas is a softer landing for a return game.

Soft+Landing+copy.jpg

Dante gets the benefit of the doubt because:

1. He was the #5 pick in the draft
2. He's only 23
3. His contract really isn't that much of an albatross when you look at the landscape of the league.

All that being said, you can't win games from the bench. We're on the hook for another two years and we'll continue to chase his ceiling, but it's hard not to label Dante as a bust at this point.

According to Larsen Dante didn't practice with the team today.

My understanding is that they're going to bring him upstate to a farm for "rehabilitation"

Dante gets the benefit of the doubt because:

1. He was the #5 pick in the draft
2. He's only 23
3. His contract really isn't that much of an albatross when you look at the landscape of the league.

All that being said, you can't win games from the bench. We're on the hook for another two years and we'll continue to chase his ceiling, but it's hard not to label Dante as a bust at this point.
Wait. How is it "hard to label him as a bust"? In 4 years he has only played in 20% of games. Sure, it's not like he is intentionally getting injured, but even when he plays, up until the last 8 games, he has been horrible.

The kid is a tall and quick point guard that can defend. I dont understand the fascination with him.

Wait. How is it "hard to label him as a bust"? In 4 years he has only played in 20% of games. Sure, it's not like he is intentionally getting injured, but even when he plays, up until the last 8 games, he has been horrible.

The kid is a tall and quick point guard that can defend. I dont understand the fascination with him.
To be fair, he has played in 52% of games. FYI

He's been in 52% of games, but he has played only in 20%
If you are going by time on the floor, yes. Again, to be fair DM has only played in 66% of the possible minutes. Yes 20% is bad, but it's nice to have some context to know how bad.

If you are going by time on the floor, yes. Again, to be fair DM has only played in 66% of the possible minutes. Yes 20% is bad, but it's nice to have some context to know how bad.

I could show you his stats to show you how bad