What's new

Dante is a complete wuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh. Always love the voice of reason coming from the guy who has quit the forum numerous times because he gets mad, then comes back with a new name hoping to have a new start. Then eventually just goes back to his old self.

Still love this forum?

Uh, what?

Are you still channeling OL with the dumb, unoriginal, unfunny nicknames?
Hey now.. there's no need to be nasty. You haven't come up with any decent nicknames neither.

You can criticise me all you want when you have had a go. It's not as easy as you think. If it were that easy Favors would have already had a nickname by now.

Also let's move this convo to the nickname thread so we don't clutter up this thread.

I wasn't offended because Rev's comment was insensitive to Dante, I was pissed off because his comment was stupid as ****, and caused a drama bomb that anyone with half a brain could see coming from a mile away. I just wanted an update on Rudy Gobert, and when I saw that JazzFanz was yet again freaking out about something stupid, it was the last straw. This forum is officially a joke. I'm often embarrassed for us as a fanbase due to how crappy this forum is.
Really? Have you been to any other boards? They all evolve/devolve to this in some way. That's just what happens when you get a core group of people who are different in most ways other than our common love of the Jazz (and even that dies off in some people after a while).

That's just the nature of message boards. Some take on slightly different dynamics if the mods are either too strict or non-existent (the old usenet groups back in the day were interesting), but the same pattern emerges more or less.

I repped this man not because he's completely right but because he's fairy accurate and has the balls to stand on an island and say it. Good for him.

Now that said, two things. Was your statement on sexuality an implication that you're gay? If so, I never had any idea. But if you are, right on brotha. Secondly, while I sort of agree with your general sentiment, I think you're being way too sensitive and serious about it. It's a sport's message board. That's all. To even begin to take that too seriously may be a problem in and of itself. While there may be cliques and so forth, this board in many ways is great because of that; members feel comfortable enough with one another to say dumb **** much like brothers or good friends may do to one another. It has also seemed to produce some very strong relationships between members. Very strong. And I'm not sure how many other boards could even come close to saying that.

Yeah, I'm gay, but I don't really ever bring it up unless its on topic. It just rubbed me the wrong way to see this dude who I barely know accusing be of being sensitive because I'm homosexual. I absolutely hate being stereotyped because of my sexual preferences. My personality has nothing to do with my sexual preference. So that right there is what set me off. It's one thing to make fun of someone's college team, but to make fun of part of my humanity is messed up.

As for "this is just a message board", I totally agree. I've been putting up with JazzFanz ******** for years without ever saying anything. I took a looong break a while ago without ever saying anything to anyone. I think I took a whole season off from this place. I was hoping that when I came back, things would be better. Turns out things are just as bad as they were before. So now I've decided to start calling people out when they deserve it. If these boards are ever going to be considered a credible source of information and discussion, stuff like this can't be happening. Any new user who sees a thread like this one is gonna think "this place is petty and dumb", and they'd be right. Heaven forbid this place have a shred of class, right?

Don't get me wrong-- I don't mind playful ribbing, and having a good time with people you've known for years-- but when this dude comes in after drama is settled, reopens the can of worms, and personally insults me in the process-- **** that.

It also annoys the hell out of me the mods are apparently are okay with this. I'm assuming TroutBum and the mods are buddy-buddy, since they're just letting it happen. This is the bad kind of circle-jerk that I'm talking about. TroutBum literally made a non-Jazz related topic, with the sole intention of making fun of me, and a handful of other users. What are mods good for, if not to stop these exact situations? I made a light hearted topic once, and it included an image that had a bad word in it. I was infracted, and my post was deleted. That's cool. The mod was nice, and I totally understood where he was coming from. But then I see TroutBum make a topic that singles people out, and calls them b****es, and apparently that's okay? Great. Greeeat job, mods. You guys really know how to keep the peace.

I was driving this train first.
Get off my coattails trout.

(Btw, I'm fishing my favorite river tomorrow)

I wasn't offended because Rev's comment was insensitive to Dante, I was pissed off because his comment was stupid as ****, and caused a drama bomb that anyone with half a brain could see coming from a mile away. I just wanted an update on Rudy Gobert, and when I saw that JazzFanz was yet again freaking out about something stupid, it was the last straw. This forum is officially a joke. I'm often embarrassed for us as a fanbase due to how crappy this forum is.

I swear to god, this place is just a glutton for drama. As soon as one drama ends, someone has to start a new one.

This place is a cesspool of inside jokes and circle jerks. Threads like this are the problem. I mean, seriously? He's calling me sensitive because of my sexuality? **** this. And once again, I'm just tickled pink to see mods casually posting alongside the garbage instead of doing something about it.

And no, before you try, you can't blame crap like this on the offseason. This board is just garbage.
Cry harder?

Threads get derailed. Deal with it. It's not that big a deal

Really? Have you been to any other boards? They all evolve/devolve to this in some way. That's just what happens when you get a core group of people who are different in most ways other than our common love of the Jazz (and even that dies off in some people after a while).

That's just the nature of message boards. Some take on slightly different dynamics if the mods are either too strict or non-existent (the old usenet groups back in the day were interesting), but the same pattern emerges more or less.

Yo, I've been posting on message boards since I was 11, and this group is by far the biggest mess I've been a part of. I feel like everything about this place is inconsistent.

And even so, that doesn't change the fact that this is a thread made to deliberately insult a handful of members, and has absolutely nothing to do with the Utah Jazz.

Maybe I'm misunderstood? I guess this thread must be nice and engaging in some way that I'm just not seeing.

Yeah, I'm gay, but I don't really ever bring it up unless its on topic. It just rubbed me the wrong way to see this dude who I barely know accusing be of being sensitive because I'm homosexual. I absolutely hate being stereotyped because of my sexual preferences. My personality has nothing to do with my sexual preference. So that right there is what set me off. It's one thing to make fun of someone's college team, but to make fun of part of my humanity is messed up.

As for "this is just a message board", I totally agree. I've been putting up with JazzFanz ******** for years without ever saying anything. I took a looong break a while ago without ever saying anything to anyone. I think I took a whole season off from this place. I was hoping that when I came back, things would be better. Turns out things are just as bad as they were before. So now I've decided to start calling people out when they deserve it. If these boards are ever going to be considered a credible source of information and discussion, stuff like this can't be happening. Any new user who sees a thread like this one is gonna think "this place is petty and dumb", and they'd be right. Heaven forbid this place have a shred of class, right?

Don't get me wrong-- I don't mind playful ribbing, and having a good time with people you've known for years-- but when this dude comes in after drama is settled, reopens the can of worms, and personally insults me in the process-- **** that.

It also annoys the hell out of me the mods are apparently are okay with this. I'm assuming TroutBum and the mods are buddy-buddy, since they're just letting it happen. This is the bad kind of circle-jerk that I'm talking about. TroutBum literally made a non-Jazz related topic, with the sole intention of making fun of me, and a handful of other users. What are mods good for, if not to stop these exact situations? I made a light hearted topic once, and it included an image that had a bad word in it. I was infracted, and my post was deleted. That's cool. The mod was nice, and I totally understood where he was coming from. But then I see TroutBum make a topic that singles people out, and calls them b****es, and apparently that's okay? Great. Greeeat job, mods. You guys really know how to keep the peace.

You've been around for years and I think would know Trout's persona by now. That said, I would guess he probably did not know you were gay and was just starting this thread to call all the overreactors from the Exum/Rev thread that word. I highly, highly doubt it was a personal insult. He is the most politically incorrect moron on this board (Dutch may be a close second I guess) but yet he may be thee most tolerant, decent POS here as well. Sometimes some of us (myself included) call people that word when they're being little bitches. I'm not condoning it. I'm just saying that's the way many hetero men speak at times. Like it's a frat house or something. I too am quite tolerant and actually get furious over inequality for gays at times. Anyway, I hope that made sense. I'm not saying it's okay to use the word in these contexts either fwiw but personally I just don't think it's a big deal and wish gay people would see it for what it is. Anyway, I'm typing from phone. Anyway, I remember you somewhat and would love to see you stick around.

Cry harder?

Threads get derailed. Deal with it. It's not that big a deal

Hey man, I totally got over it on the Site Feedback forum after the original topic was closed. Not my fault this dude decided to bring it up again.

You've been around for years and I think would know Trout's persona by now. That said, I would guess he probably did not know you were gay and was just starting this thread to call all the overreactors from the Exum/Rev thread that word. I highly, highly doubt it was a personal insult. He is the most politically incorrect moron on this board (Dutch may be a close second I guess) but yet he may be thee most tolerant, decent POS here as well. Sometimes some of us (myself included) call people that word when they're being little bitches. I'm not condoning it. I'm just saying that's the way many hetero men speak at times. Like it's a frat house or something. I too am quite tolerant and actually get furious over inequality for gays at times. Anyway, I hope that made sense. I'm not saying it's okay to use the word in these contexts either fwiw but personally I just don't think it's a big deal and wish gay people would see it for what it is. Anyway, I'm typing from phone. Anyway, I remember you somewhat and would love to see you stick around.
Great post dickweed

The thing is, if you're gonna derail threads or forums, the stuff you say should, like, actually be funny and engage others.

Nobody cares if you derail a thread and start a better convo.

Hey man, I totally got over it on the Site Feedback forum after the original topic was closed. Not my fault this dude decided to bring it up again.
My post you quoted was mean and I shouldn't have posted it. I'm sorry for that (I'm being sincere btw.... I know sometimes it's hard to tell)

I like you as a poster and hope you stick around.

I say don't get so upset over a post on a message board but I have been guilty of that many many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.