What's new

Dante's return: mid- to late March per Dennis

^
Yeah we disagree then. I see a lot of potential. Honestly my biggest gripe with him is how he moves. He seems like a spazz out there and it’s no wonder he gets injured. Like no awareness.

I don't expect to see a huge amount from him when he comes back for three reasons, fitness, confidence and trust in his body and who's minutes is he going to take on a playoff push?

Raul is playing well, Rubio is playing his best ball in a jazz uniform, Mitchell is our best backcourt player. That leaves Royce who is probably our best player off the bench and AB who is sighted on court almost as often as the loch ness monster. He will likely get all of AB's minutes and maybe shave a few off Raul, if he comes back stronger than expected maybe he gives Joe a chop out as well. (Suppose there are Hoods minutes to absorb as well.)

Fair enough. Just do you want a PG who spazz's and gets injured like that. He needs to play under control.

It’s a two year deal at about the MLE. Given his raw athleticism, the potential he had shown in SL, his age, and that we don’t need him to start, there’s virtually no risk.

I’m thinking a 2 year/16M deal make some sense? Doesn’t cripple us at all. Gets him some relatively legit money but is short enough that he could get a really strong deal at 24 y/o and again at 28 y/o.

I think that's fair and Dante should jump all over it. We've all been beaten to death about his potential but you can make a statistical argument that when he's not injured he's been one of the worst players in the NBA.

I think he gets little to no interest as an RFA anyway - giving him a 10mil+ multi-year deal on potential is the type of move that gets GM's fired. Plus, back-up PG's in this league are about a dime a dozen.

I’m thinking a 2 year/16M deal make some sense? Doesn’t cripple us at all. Gets him some relatively legit money but is short enough that he could get a really strong deal at 24 y/o and again at 28 y/o.

Its an overpay for his current level, but close. DL will play hardball and try to get a 3rd year team option.

This win streak is amazing.
But one question, what does it mean for Dante? If the Jazz are fighting hard for a higher playoff seed (or even just the 8th seed) will he be kept back or at least extremely limited in playing time?

I heard DL say Exum's return date and play etc will be affected by the team's position. So did he mean if we are in the playoff race they will look to eagerly see if he can be a rotation guy for the playoffs - or that if they drop off they then can relax and give Exum a long leash for 15-20 games and help DL work out a fair market value offer in RFA?

This win streak is amazing.
But one question, what does it mean for Dante? If the Jazz are fighting hard for a higher playoff seed (or even just the 8th seed) will he be kept back or at least extremely limited in playing time?

I heard DL say Exum's return date and play etc will be affected by the team's position. So did he mean if we are in the playoff race they will look to eagerly see if he can be a rotation guy for the playoffs - or that if they drop off they then can relax and give Exum a long leash for 15-20 games and help DL work out a fair market value offer in RFA?

Dante isnt winning or losing us games on his own.

This season was about seeing what we have. They better play the kid, I dont give a **** if it costs us a seed, we've seen first hand the benefits of having no pressure and just being able to play with DM.

#NoLeash
#KidFlashTHERETURN