What's new

David Locke/Utah Jazz feature podcast

Alright, you win. I'm David Locke.

I gotta go study for my CNA exam and physiology and microbiology for my Utah Jazz podcast.

I don't understand the "forces his agenda on listeners" point? You're listening to him by choice?.... like, any podcaster or reporter is going to attempt to influence you to agree with them? ... I honestly think this complaint makes no sense??

Wait the ads and promos complaint is even better.... how many free podcasts do you listen to that don't have advertisements?? TV shows have ads, radios have ads, hell Spotify makes you pay an extra 6 bucks a month not to have ads. Is that for real???? Jesus.

The audio quality complaint is legit tho lol

I don't understand the "forces his agenda on listeners" point? You're listening to him by choice?.... like, any podcaster or reporter is going to attempt to influence you to agree with them? ... I honestly think this complaint makes no sense??

No. I once listened NUMBERICA for information on the Jazz. He offers none. Just his biased, scripted, safe opinions.

What sort of "insider" is that?

Wait the ads and promos complaint is even better.... how many free podcasts do you listen to that don't have advertisements?? TV shows have ads, radios have ads, hell Spotify makes you pay an extra 6 bucks a month not to have ads. Is that for real???? Jesus.

The audio quality complaint is legit tho lol

I listen to 5 pods religiously. They may have 3-4 adds in an hour period. Not one ever 3 minutes that lasts as long as his segments.

So Locke isn't meeting your expectation that a team employee discloses confidential team related information and disparages his employer and co workers.... not sure what to tell you besides maybe consider why you would have those expectations? Locke is a fan of the team and he works for them. He is fun to listen to because he gets excited when we do, stans for our players like we want to, gives us good anecdotes from time to time, and you can occasionally divine some background goings-on through his narratives. That he's not some deep throat for the Jazz, idk what to tell you man

I think the agenda thing is annoying when there is such a small market for Jazz related material.
For example, why does he come out and say, Jazz can't score with Dante on the floor. He says it's just a fact blah. Then he says Royce has probably got something to do with that. And then talks about Dante's limitations for the thousandth time on his podcasts. Now, he decided to make this point on a night that Dante was a +4 (for what it's worth) and after a loss Dante had very little to do with (from a negative standpoint) and after Dante had played about 40 minutes since his return?? I think that fits into an 'agenda' he has, which is make the case that Dante isn't a point guard (he mentioned this again), Dante may not be very good and that Dante maybe shouldn't get minutes moving forward.

I listen to 5 pods religiously. They may have 3-4 adds in an hour period. Not one ever 3 minutes that lasts as long as his segments.

And they are not great endorsements at times. He rambles in a way that makes his possible genuineness regarding the sponsors feel disingenuine. I now just skip the ads...

5. Forces his agenda on his listeners

6. Constant self promoter

7. The ads and promos... my god! He cant go 2 minutes without trying to sell me some ****.

8. His audio quality is terrible.

9. He breaks ZERO news.
So you dislike someone because he makes money on his podcast and promotes his work?

Is he just suppose to put out free content and throw it into the void?

I think Locke is generally a terrible play-by-play announcer and can get annoying at times, but I love his numbers insight and his obvious knowledge/love of the game.
This.
He was just born with an annoying voice. If you combined Bolers voice lockes knowledge/stats and enthusiasm/passion with a touch of hot rods creativity you would have the greatest announcer ever.

I'm saying hating a person because you don't like the way someone talks is asanine. That's the gist of people's problem with Locke. He's too excited? He thinks he's so smart (he kind of is though, sorry)? He's shrill? He talks too fast? These are not reasons to dislike a person, but they are reasons for me to think less of at least that person's ability to make judgments.

There are valid reasons to have serious misgivings about others, how excited they are or how they talk are not valid ones. Like, point blank.
I think not liking how someone talks is a valid reason to not like listening to a person. Talking, and being heard by people, is a part of his profession

This.
He was just born with an annoying voice. If you combined Bolers voice lockes knowledge/stats and enthusiasm/passion with a touch of hot rods creativity you would have the greatest announcer ever.
I dont get why people find his voice so annoying. It sounds like a pretty normal voice.

This.

I enjoy Locke, but he's full of useless stats. The Jazz outscored opponents by 4 when Crowder plays at least 6 minutes in the second quarter with 3 days of rest!

I dont get why people find his voice so annoying. It sounds like a pretty normal voice.
Well ya, different people like or dislike different sounds. There is nothing to get. Each person has different tastes

No. I once listened NUMBERICA for information on the Jazz. He offers none. Just his biased, scripted, safe opinions.

What sort of "insider" is that?

What kind of information do you need on the Jazz that isnt readily available?

What basketball podcast isnt an opinion based discussion on basketball? It's sports, everything is going to be an opinion.

I enjoy Locke, but he's full of useless stats. The Jazz outscored opponents by 4 when Crowder plays at least 6 minutes in the second quarter with 3 days of rest!
A fair complaint as well.