What's new

David Locke/Utah Jazz feature podcast

Well ya, different people like or dislike different sounds. There is nothing to get. Each person has different tastes
I mean, what I'm saying is his voice is just normal. It's not like he is Gilbert Godfrey. I dont see how anyone has any strong opinion on it in either way. What quality do you find so annoying about his voice?

I mean, what I'm saying is his voice is just normal. It's not like he is Gilbert Godfrey. I dont see how anyone has any strong opinion on it in either way. What quality do you find so annoying about his voice?
The pitch. The tone. Inflection. But most of all its the sound of his voice that I don't like. Also the way that it reminds me of nails on a chalkboard. Grating

Btw, I don't like his voice but that wouldn't stop me from listening to him. I think he is good at his job and I can deal with his voice and still enjoy his broadcast.
I always watch the games on TV though anyway so it doesn't really matter to me.

If Locke started doing the tv broadcasts I would get used to his voice and enjoy the games just fine.

I think Locke is smart, but he defended Corbin's offense and rotation when it was apparent to everyone Corbin was awful. It was nonstop drivel about how great Corbin was and excuse after excuse.

Either he was spouting what the Jazz wanted him to, or he was just daft. Haven't paid attention to him since.

I think Locke is smart, but he defended Corbin's offense and rotation when it was apparent to everyone Corbin was awful. It was nonstop drivel about how great Corbin was and excuse after excuse.

Either he was spouting what the Jazz wanted him to, or he was just daft. Haven't paid attention to him since.
Locke plays Devil's Advocate a lot. He wants to challenge conventional thought or group think. That's probably partly due to his job and probably partly due to his natural personality. I doubt anyone tells him what to say.

Man, I wonder. Has anyone suspected a Jazz player (any era) or media person or official has posted here anonymously? I know Larsen has a profile on here, but anyone doing a Durant on us?

I think the odds are low that anyone with the Jazz org is anything near a regular poster here. They have jobs to do. Boards like this are a break from your regular job, so when Jazz folks are done with their regular jobs they aren't likely to hop on and participate in a message board. Maybe some people check in once in a while to see what's trending, see what the vibe here is, see if anyone is talking about something related to their own jobs; but in terms of the entire Jazz fanbase I imagine this message board isn't as central as any of us think (no offense, Jason, it's a great board!).

Also, I laugh whenever I hear people say Locke is a complete homer because he's part of the company. From what I know (and I'm not gonna give more info about how, take it or leave it), Locke is not a guy who tries to promote some company line all the time. He's said things in the past that have caused minor turbulence or annoyance within the organization, but they believe in letting him do his job. Go ahead and criticize Locke. Heck, I have criticisms of him. This particular criticism, that he's merely a company tool, is not a solid criticism.

it's a frickin podcast not a live broadcast - if you don't like the commercials you can skip through them pretty easily.

Yes! Anyone who complains about commercials on a free podcast can go jump right off a bridge, by the way. Complaining about minor advertising on a free product? Please.

i like the dude, he can be a bit grating and i don't agree with some of his takes but by and large he does a really good job of providing well thought out material for a fan to listen to. He treads a tightrope of trying to give interesting info without giving away confidential information and manages it for most part really well. Occasionally he seems to try to support an agenda or point of view and every now and then gets a little salty but who doesn't ?? I think anyone complaining about what he does is crazy, if you don't like him don't listen.
I appreciate his work.

I don't dislike Locke, he does sometimes try to put points across by presenting stats a certain way, when I'm sure a lot of us with even a modicum of critical thinking would say, but what about the flip side to that? Or what about these stats, or this etc?

I'm also not a fan of his voice, if you were ever to run out of sandpaper I'm sure you could reach into his throats and pull some out. I think some of you dudes just might have to make peace with the fact that some of us are not fans of his accoustics.

Really though, other than that I think he's fine.

I love his passion. He truly lives it. But he's also a dorky homer. All in all we're lucky to have him.

Never understood the homer thing. I have never heard him trash what is going on but he regularly questions things in the flow of the game. He is much less a homer than other NBA announcers I have heard and has much better analytical insights. I don't get the Locke hate but then I don't get the hate for Boler or Harp either. We have it better than most in terms of home team announcers.