John Collins $ could've bought Strus, Merrill and Porter Jr with some to spare
Yep and I remember all is jazz fans clamoring for all three of those dudes

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Kessler needed to grab that board
Was it after the tht turnover/foul?
If so then it didn't matter

It was a fastbreak and he got fouled!
The issue is that his first option is always to go headfirst into the trees and leave his feet. Even if he does get fouled in the process, the refs aren't crazy about rewarding the contortionist act. Certainly not in crunch time. There was absolutely no need to spaz out with like 19 in the shot clock.

Last edited:
Yep and I remember all is jazz fans clamoring for all three of those dudes

I think they could've spent that money better and would've ofc loved Merrill. Utah State, baby!
FWIW some of us did like Porter Jr in the last draft and Cavs plucked him as an UDFA.

The issue is that his first option is always to go headfirst into the threes and leave his feet. Even if he does get fouled in the process, the refs aren't crazy about rewarding the contortionist act. Certainly not in crunch time. There was absolutely no need to spaz out with like 19 in the shot clock.
It wasnt a contortionist act. He did what everyone does in the NBA. They literally just called 3 off ball tick tack calls in a row. It was a heads up play by THT

A little bit of a math game where we actually shot better from the field and almost just as good from 3, but they just shot way more from 3. A lot of that was them guarding us way better on the perimeter than we guarded them.

Kind of bittersweet to see Merrill have an amazing game against the Jazz. This guy being a fringe rotation player shows how deep and talented the NBA is right now.

Solid effort by the team tonight. Hard to win when two guys combine for 14 3’s.
You think we could have done something about it?

Merrill is not just some end-of-bencher who randomly had the game of his life. You can't allow guys like that to get going. We're making a habit of it.

This was one of the worst defensive performances of the season, if not THE worst. 50% is on the players, 50% on Hardy.