What's new

Game Thread Dec 21, 2023 05:00PM MT: Jazz at Pistons

Added to Calendar: 12-21-23

There's a special place in my doghouse for teams that are as pathetic on the road as the Jazz are this year. I think it signals a deep lack of focus that's hard to correct; and it can span over multiple seasons (see DWill-Boozer-Memo teams). When you lose to the Cavs JV team, then it's fair when the odds-makers don't like you in this game. I also think it's fair to wonder whether we should hope they lose this game, since hard losses can sometimes lead to meaningful change in the same way that a bad LSD trip can force you to look at some real ****.

A week or so ago I said this would be rock bottom. I did think we may have turned a corner with our strong play over the last 5 or so games. I think this will be the crown jewel on this **** season.

There's a special place in my doghouse for teams that are as pathetic on the road as the Jazz are this year. I think it signals a deep lack of focus that's hard to correct; and it can span over multiple seasons (see DWill-Boozer-Memo teams). When you lose to the Cavs JV team, then it's fair when the odds-makers don't like you in this game. I also think it's fair to wonder whether we should hope they lose this game, since hard losses can sometimes lead to meaningful change in the same way that a bad LSD trip can force you to look at some real ****.
I won't quite hope we lose tonight... but it would be kind of appropriate if the most notable thing we do this season is break a historic slump for a terrible team.

We really gonna lose this aren't we. Tech/KO/Sexton... someone gonna have to go OFF!

Sexton going for 35+ tonight! LFG!
These guys are bricky enough that the zone with Walker hanging around the rim could make things get ugly. Only have one shooter to track... if Sexton hits some shots it might work.