What's new

Game Thread Dec 21, 2023 05:00PM MT: Jazz at Pistons

Added to Calendar: 12-21-23

Maybe they will trade us Bogey for the rights to Ante Tomic.
Doubt it, since we traded his rights a few years ago.

Sexton forced into the lane far too often. I wish KO would be more aggresive on offense like this more often, and cut back on the bad fakes by about 70%. He should be averaging double the points he is. I'd prefer him to shoot instead of THT all day long.

Imagine having the worst record in the league for last year's superdraft and ending up with Ausar Thompson.
Ausar is a stud, so I'm not sure what you are talking about?

He has to learn how to shoot, and needs to take care of the ball better, but he still has a good chance to be an all star type player.

Ausar is a stud, so I'm not sure what you are talking about?

He has to learn how to shoot, and needs to take care of the ball better, but he still has a good chance to be an all star type player.
Still. Pistons got ****ed

I mean you could basically say that about any player in the top 10 of any draft. Every top 10 player in every draft is drafted there for a reason. Hell the pistons roster is literally FULL of top 10 picks that if they were just better at this or that then they would be good players.

As it stands right now though Thompson is currently playing on the worst team in the league, maybe in history, and his play isn't doing much to change that. In fact his play is contributing to that.

Anywho, I bet they were hoping for wemby. Or at least a top 3 pick

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Still. Pistons got ****ed

I mean you could basically say that about any player in the top 10 of any draft. Every top 10 player in every draft is drafted there for a reason. Hell the pistons roster is literally FULL of top 10 picks that if they were just better at this or that then they would be good players.

As it stands right now though Thompson is currently playing on the worst team in the league, maybe in history, and his play isn't doing much to change that. In fact his play is contributing to that.

Anywho, I bet they were hoping for wemby. Or at least a top 3 pick

He's not Wemby, so yeah they have to be disappointed in missing out there, but I think he has a decent chance of being the second best player out of this draft.

The things he needs to work on, shooting and turnovers, are things he can expected to get better at. Everything else he is great at.

He's not Wemby, so yeah they have to be disappointed in missing out there, but I think he has a decent chance of being the second best player out of this draft.

The things he needs to work on, shooting and turnovers, are things he can expected to get better at. Everything else he is great at.
Agreed. I guess I was just seeing the post more as saying it sucks when you suck harder than anyone and aren't rewarded with a top 3 pick rather than the pistons got stuck with such a crappy player.

I don't think the post was meant to be a knock on Thompson but more of a knock on the bad lottery luck the pistons had.

I had a good laugh watching the Detroit fans with paper bags over their head. At least they are making the best of it.

I wouldn't say "decent." Dude's shot is brutal. It's better than his brother's though, I guess.

Other than shooting and turnovers, K Dunn is good at everything else too.

I think Ausar is a player, I just don't think he is a franchise changer. That is what you debased your franchise for. It's not impossible that he becomes a shooter, it is improbable, however.

Other than shooting and turnovers, K Dunn is good at everything else too.

I think Ausar is a player, I just don't think he is a franchise changer. That is what you debased your franchise for. It's not impossible that he becomes a shooter, it is improbable, however.

If his shooting doesn't improve it likely becomes a fatal flaw that keeps him from being a positive player. So I do understand that criticism, but disagree with everything else you said. He doesn't need to be a great shooter either, just good enough to keep defenses honest. I'm not sure it's that improbable.

And I think you were just being a little cheeky with the Dunn comment, but if you think Dunn is in the same league as Ausar I'm not sure you've ever really watched Ausar.

If his shooting doesn't improve it likely becomes a fatal flaw that keeps him from being a positive player. So I do understand that criticism, but disagree with everything else you said. He doesn't need to be a great shooter either, just good enough to keep defenses honest. I'm not sure it's that improbable.

And I think you were just being a little cheeky with the Dunn comment, but if you think Dunn is in the same league as Ausar I'm not sure you've ever really watched Ausar.
Was dunn drafted at #5? Is that where thompson was drafted too? Kinda funny if ya think about it.