What's new

Game Thread Dec 21, 2023 05:00PM MT: Jazz at Pistons

Added to Calendar: 12-21-23

The Pistons are awful and play with all the intensity of a bunch of guys going for a Sunday afternoon pick up game, actually less.

I'm so happy we dodged the bullet and didnt get the label of busting this streak, as this Pistons team is whole different level tragic.
  • Both teams have been turnover machines all season. This was the difference in the game: We took care of the ball much better while they continued to build on their TO trend.
  • KO was godlike on offense but he deserves his team 2nd worse -4 BPM as he was the actual target on defense and offered no resistance at the rim to drives or Marvin Bagley. Kessler didnt do anything on offense but got a rightful +17 just by defending and rebounding well in his minutes. Pistons have zero range, and their bigs are not great.
  • John Collins was bad on both ends for long stretches of the night and I think this was his worst game this season, but he did fight and hustle for rebounds and had few moments where he made plays on defense... and hit 5/5 from the line.
  • Kris Dunn played a really good game after being tragic in the last game. His 3 pointers both missed but he stuffed the stat sheet and had just 1 TO in 33 minutes as the lead ballhandler.
  • Shoutout to Ochai and Fontecchio. They assisted KO in keeping this team afloat offensively by making their shots. Dunn and Sexton did a good job distributing the ball, but they werent really efficient on their own scoring, especially early on.

Some of y'all have some strange bias hate for our guys and strange love for meh guys on other teams.

Sexton regressed back to his old play a bit this game especially the first half. He got bailed out more in the 2nd with fouls. I think he was trying to do too much scoring with guys out I guess.

Dunn played his usual solid game. Good defense, good at managing the game and getting things setup. He scored a little and made solid passes. Nothing flashy but solid as usual.

This pistons team is really bad. But we also had tons of guys missing and their players really want a win so it was a solid effort. Good proof of what the draft can get you. You dont trade away all-stars that are young and want to stay for the hopes of maybe getting a decent player in the draft.

This pistons team is really bad. But we also had tons of guys missing and their players really want a win so it was a solid effort. Good proof of what the draft can get you. You dont trade away all-stars that are young and want to stay for the hopes of maybe getting a decent player in the draft.
Thank you! My sentiment’s exactly and I have no desire to give up established young guys that have obviously turned the corner developmentally for a couple of late scratch offs and be stuck in the turnstile ad infinitum like Detroit.

The Pistons are a G-League team and the only good thing about the win is KO looked great and upped his meager trade value.

It was also nice to see the Pistons almost double us in turnovers. Dunn had 10 dimes and 1 TO which is awesome.