What's new

Defensive Challenge in the Playoffs

This is clearly an issue. So why isn’t Ingles closing instead of Bojan?
Maybe he doesn't want to. Serious conjecture here. I mean it is known he starts to struggle when his minutes go up, he gets slow on D and people start to blow by him. He ain't a spring chicken anymore. Maybe he has an agreement with QS, like, I will if you need me to, but you are better playing Bojan.

The other answer is maybe QS just sincerely thinks Bojan at the end of games is a better win condition.

IDK, I just wish Ingles would close more games. I wish he was the starter and finisher, and bring Conley off the bench at the start of games, and keep Bojan on the bench at the end of games and manage Ingles minutes in between.

I honestly believe Ingles is the heart of this team. He is the older wiser brother and I think everyone looks up to him. He needs to take a more prominent role imo.

Ingles closing games makes so much more sense. End of games teams get smaller... you also need more ball handling and creation.

I wonder if rebounding has anything to do with Q’s thought process. That’s a weakness in Ingles’ game. Dunno.

Does anyone remember last year when it was Bojan we wanted with the ball down the stretch? Not saying that will be the case, and not saying Ingles shouldn't close sometimes, but we really, really need that back.

Does anyone remember last year when it was Bojan we wanted with the ball down the stretch? Not saying that will be the case, and not saying Ingles shouldn't close sometimes, but we really, really need that back.
Yep.
Last year I would have picked him above anyone on the team to take the last shot

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Don’t think it makes sense. Bogey is fringe #1 scorer material and an above average #2 scorer who is deadly from 3. Those qualities are vital to who we’ve become as an offense. No one brings anything close to what he does outside of obviously Mitchell and maybe Clarkson who has to be a bench guy.

Knowing that and how important Ingles is so far as chemistry and all, I see Royce as really the only guy who can be traded as his contract is something that could net something decent back and a team might be interested in him based on his age and 3 and d qualities. Why would we trade him if he has said qualities? Because we might be able to snag someone who is a slightly better defender, more proven, tougher (we could really use this), and a better leader which would come in handy come playoffs as Mike is really the only guy we have like that now.

No idea who would fulfill those requirements but anyone within 125% of Royce’s salary (or Royce and filler) is the dream. So maybe anyone <11.5M or so.

These guys don’t grow on trees.