What's new

Disregard Mirotic, Aquire Favors!

framer

Seriously, though. Favors needs to stay. We don't need a pansy stretch four that lowers the effectiveness of our defense. We need to combine grit and grind Defense with a high flying, ball whipping Offense. No other free agent acquisition in 2018 gives us that better than Favors. With no Hood or Haywood, Favors is perfectly affordable.

Also, give us back Exum, and let's do this!

Seriously, though. Favors needs to stay. We don't need a pansy stretch four that lowers the effectiveness of our defense. We need to combine grit and grind Defense with a high flying, ball whipping Offense. No other free agent acquisition in 2018 gives us that better than Favors. With no Hood or Haywood, Favors is perfectly affordable.

Also, give us back Exum, and let's do this!
Let's see how it works out in the playoffs.

Ive always thought it would take 2 dominant bigs to beat GS. Put pressure on down low and get them in foul trouble. I dont think anyone has a chance to outscore them 4 times in a 7 game series.

Ive always thought it would take 2 dominant bigs to beat GS. Put pressure on down low and get them in foul trouble. I dont think anyone has a chance to outscore them 4 times in a 7 game series.

probably why memphis when healthy with marc and zac + conley put them on their heels.

It works. He can make some corner 3s. his d is good. heard market for big man this offseason is not that good. huge chance he will be back

We’ve beat GS with a healthy Gobert, Favors, and Exum. We didn’t use the Gobert/Favors tandem against them in the playoffs. I’m interested at what our defense will look like against them after we steamroll Houston. If only we had Thabo.

I can't get out of my head how many times over the last seven years he's loafed. He's playing for a contract this season and suddenly he's giving effort. He's fools gold I tell ya. But if he's cheap we probably need to gamble on him.

Let's see how it works out in the playoffs.

Our Defense is going to destroy in the playoffs. It suffered last year when Gobert went down early and probably played hurt. The Defense now has more redundancy built in with Udoh, Mitchell, Rubio, and now Crowder. I'm really interested in seeing what happens tomorrow against San Antonio. If we thump them again, I would bet that they will be our eventual first round matchup.

I can't get out of my head how many times over the last seven years he's loafed. He's playing for a contract this season and suddenly he's giving effort. He's fools gold I tell ya. But if he's cheap we probably need to gamble on him.

more like suddenly he is healthy.
We complain about guys not being tough enough to play when hurt. Then knock on Favs when he could not perform up to par while playing hurt.

C'mon man

What we are seeing now is a healthy D Favs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

Our Defense is going to destroy in the playoffs. It suffered last year when Gobert went down early and probably played hurt. The Defense now has more redundancy built in with Udoh, Mitchell, Rubio, and now Crowder. I'm really interested in seeing what happens tomorrow against San Antonio. If we thump them again, I would bet that they will be our eventual first round matchup.

7 game series against our D is going to be a nightmare to play against.

more like suddenly he is healthy.
We complain about guys not being tough enough to play when hurt. Then knock on Favs when he could not perform up to par while playing hurt.

C'mon man

What we are seeing now is a healthy D Favs.

It is more health than anything but there are times he looks much more motivated than others.

Something changed in the relationship for the good. I would bring him back if it’s a bargain but I’m not convinced he stays. He may realize his market is bad and we may have a wink and a nod to bring him back on a one year overpay deal that gives us both flexibility if his market dries up.

Whatever happens I will always be a Favors fan. Straight class.

I don't remember whether it was CJ or Lillard, but in the second half last night, Gobert switched out to the 3 point line to guard him. He drove past Gobert only to run head into Favors. Wanted nothing of it. Drove right toward the free throw line and passed it off.

Favors and Gobert together rock. Keep Faves.

I can't trust myself to be objective. Lol
This streak has me in love with the entire team. No-one has any flaws. They are all hof all stars.
SMH
I hope I never come down off of this cloud, it could be a rough landing.

I can't trust myself to be objective. Lol
This streak has me in love with the entire team. No-one has any flaws. They are all hof all stars.
SMH
I hope I never come down off of this cloud, it could be a rough landing.

I have always been a fan of Gobert and Favors playing together.

There have been and will be some offensive struggles but I think both of them can pass enough and do enough to make it work. People give the ability to shoot a three far too much credit for "stretching" the court and providing spacing. It is one factor among many for your ability to create spacing.

That said I had given up on Favors because I thought the team or him wanted to move on. I like Mirotic and think he would be a good fit for the Jazz but I would prefer Favors over Mirotic if that is an option. Favors is a better player. Better players win games.

I also think teams can off set Gobert or other shot blockers somewhat by pulling them out of the paint. Having 2 shot blockers and good defensive bigs on the court is huge. You cant pull them both out. It allows our guys to be very very aggressive on the wing when they have 2 guys protecting the rim and at least one always. Favors is a great help defender and for his size switches very well.

I like what Rubio does right now and hopefully that keeps going but I want to see plenty of this lineup: Mitchell-Ingles-Crowder-Favors-Gobert. That is some crazy good defense and plenty of offense.

Favors is more mobil this year. He isnt a huge focus for the offense, but he finds ways to contribute. What he does is allow gobert to be more aggressive on blocks because Fav is there to come in backside for rebounds or pick up goberts man on the dish. I also dont hate that favors roams the baseline for putbacks or tipouts. Favors is also better at keeping the heavier bigs out of the paint. Im glad we kept him for now and hope that he continues to develop the corner 3.