What's new

Disregard Mirotic, Aquire Favors!

Utah has options right now to play Jerebco or Crowder as a stretch 4 if they feel like the offense is struggling with Favors. Getting rid of Favors, who is this
I can't get out of my head how many times over the last seven years he's loafed. He's playing for a contract this season and suddenly he's giving effort. He's fools gold I tell ya. But if he's cheap we probably need to gamble on him.

What the **** are you even talking about?

He's been injured for 2 years. Before that, there was a legitimate debate as to whether or not he was Utah's best player over Haywood.

I can't get out of my head how many times over the last seven years he's loafed. He's playing for a contract this season and suddenly he's giving effort. He's fools gold I tell ya. But if he's cheap we probably need to gamble on him.
Incentive based contract?

With all the ****** deals out there I’m hoping we can get him for a good price. He’d be VERY hard to replace imo and we can afford it.

#RIMREAPERS
Approved

8m a year I'm in. Anything more its

1463670323159.gif

4 years, 50M, for example, would be a great contract IMHO. Would love him for a bit less, but I think he'll get that.

8m a year I'm in. Anything more its

1463670323159.gif

I think you are a little unrealistic with price. You seriously underestimate Favors value. I think the Jazz would be willing to pay Favors between 12-15 million per if that is what the market is.

I just wonder if the Jazz want to offer Favors a four-year contract. I bet the debate this summer will be more along the lines of offering Favors a three-year contract or a four-year contract, trade kickers, player options, etc.

I am positive Favors hasn't been thrilled to read his name in every trade rumor this past month.

4 years, 50M, for example, would be a great contract IMHO. Would love him for a bit less, but I think he'll get that.

I think the Jazz would do this. I just wonder if the Jazz would have to outbid someone to retain Favors. I doubt Favors is offering the Jazz a hometown discount this free agency. If we want to keep him, I think we have to offer him his best payday.

What he brought at the end of the Spurs game was fantastic. His Defense and offense were both critical to our come back. Keeping him for less than 15 a year will be hard to do. If we don't want him for that, someone else surely will.

But then again, I'm a homer, what do I know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

I think you are a little unrealistic with price. You seriously underestimate Favors value. I think the Jazz would be willing to pay Favors between 12-15 million per if that is what the market is.

I just wonder if the Jazz want to offer Favors a four-year contract. I bet the debate this summer will be more along the lines of offering Favors a three-year contract or a four-year contract, trade kickers, player options, etc.

I am positive Favors hasn't been thrilled to read his name in every trade rumor this past month.
Yeah the trade rumors had to be hard on him. I can't help but think Rodney getting booed at home had a little something to do with him reportedly asking out.
I just don't understand fans who rag on their team's players. Someone has a bad game or stretch games, and people get so down on them. I love DFavs when he is on. I also think he is a quiet guy who internalizes lot... you don't always know what he is feeling. He could use some positive messaging.

We need to adopt a 6th man mentality, and cheer them on even when they are down (maybe especially when they are down. ) Their play lifts us, but we can also lift them. Let the coaches coach, and GM do his thing, and let's do what we can to cheer the product they put on the floor.

Too preachy? Prolly.

Let's go Jazz!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

I don't think he has much of a market this summer... bigs in general won't. He likely gets offered full MLE, which is like 4/40ish. If he was wanting to stay I think we could do a 1 year 12-15M with a team option for a second year... or a 2/20 with the second year a player option. If he wanted a 4 year deal I'd go in the 40-50 range and be cool. I don't think he gets better than that so maybe a one year bump in pay and then seeing if he can do better than that next year.

If he hit FA next year there would be MUCH more cap space, so I'm not sure he wants to maximize contract length.

I don't think he has much of a market this summer... bigs in general won't. He likely gets offered full MLE, which is like 4/40ish. If he was wanting to stay I think we could do a 1 year 12-15M with a team option for a second year... or a 2/20 with the second year a player option. If he wanted a 4 year deal I'd go in the 40-50 range and be cool. I don't think he gets better than that so maybe a one year bump in pay and then seeing if he can do better than that next year.

If he hit FA next year there would be MUCH more cap space, so I'm not sure he wants to maximize contract length.

Interesting, I don't follow all the cap stuff. It will be interesting to see how it plays out for Favors and the Jazz. I am glad we still have his Bird rights though.

Interesting, I don't follow all the cap stuff. It will be interesting to see how it plays out for Favors and the Jazz. I am glad we still have his Bird rights though.

Yeah only a few teams have space to go above the MLE this summer. Not sure which one dips into their space for Favs... Phoenix and Dallas very well might, but if they don't the market dries quick.

I do think if we re-sign him I am going to start an Ingles to Favors car dealership. Ingles to Favors Ferrari?

I think the Jazz will resign him. Money for people like Favors is scarce. Can't create his own shot and can't shoot threes. Good system guy and strong defender when healthy, which is hit and miss. If he was worth much, the Jazz would have traded him. Has a good attitude, but really needs more quickness and/or outside shooting to command the 12mil+ you are talking about. The really stupid contracts aren't happening much now, and money will be spent smarter moving forward. I think 8-10 is what he'll get.

I keep thinking of how it was later in his career that Sap developed into a 3 point shooter. Favs has clearly been working on it and has a nice stroke to begin with. Not out of the question for him to become good enough at corner 3's that teams have to respect him. As for him loafing in the past, I think that is complete nonsense.

If you can keep him around for anything around what he is currently being paid I think it is a no brainer. Length of contract is a issue that will require some thought. I won't be surprised at all to see him get 15 a year from other teams.

I keep thinking of how it was later in his career that Sap developed into a 3 point shooter. Favs has clearly been working on it and has a nice stroke to begin with. Not out of the question for him to become good enough at corner 3's that teams have to respect him. As for him loafing in the past, I think that is complete nonsense.

If you can keep him around for anything around what he is currently being paid I think it is a no brainer. Length of contract is a issue that will require some thought. I won't be surprised at all to see him get 15 a year from other teams.
I would not call Favors stroke nice. He is a pretty inconsistent shooter w/ his form.

I don't see any team with cap space seeing Favors as the difference maker worth 17-20M a year. I see Favors listening, getting similar or worse offers than he'll get from Utah and announcing how glad he is to stay here for 3 more years collecting 40M.