What's new

Disregard Mirotic, Aquire Favors!

It's what the Jazz had last night. Favors, of course, pulled down 8, but he also provides teammates with opportunities to snag offensive rebounds. I can think of at least one situation last night when he tapped a rebound back to someone on the perimeter. The rebound is credited to Joe or Ricky or whoever caught the ball, but without Favors to tap it, it doesn't happen.

Controlled tap outs are credited to the tapper as a rebound.

Yeah, getting Mirotic is going to be impossible now until 2019 free agency.

And IDK how I feel about Favors long-term. I cant really get too excited about his 3pt shot when Favors has been a pretty stagnant mid-range and FT shooter for the last 4 years of his career.

And remember, this is a contract year.

The one thing that I really like is that both Gobert and Favors are getting a lot craftier dishing around the basket. The Favors dish to Jerebko right near the basket was art.

The one thing that I really like is that both Gobert and Favors are getting a lot craftier dishing around the basket. The Favors dish to Jerebko right near the basket was art.

One of my favorite plays of the game

I've gotta think that Favors is going to want to stick around. These guys have a special bond. Did you guys see the post-game interview with Rubio and his son, Favors, Donovan and Rudy all sitting at the table together fielding questions?

Based on his last contract he's not the kind of guy to base his decision solely on money.

Seriously, though. Favors needs to stay. We don't need a pansy stretch four that lowers the effectiveness of our defense. We need to combine grit and grind Defense with a high flying, ball whipping Offense. No other free agent acquisition in 2018 gives us that better than Favors. With no Hood or Haywood, Favors is perfectly affordable.

Also, give us back Exum, and let's do this!
via Imgflip Meme Generator

GG grampton *swats your butt*

see you in the shower

Yep, that was also an excellent cut/running the floor by Jerebko.

Yeah, getting Mirotic is going to be impossible now until 2019 free agency.

And IDK how I feel about Favors long-term. I cant really get too excited about his 3pt shot when Favors has been a pretty stagnant mid-range and FT shooter for the last 4 years of his career.

And remember, this is a contract year.

I like that Favs gives us Rudy insurance... it’s another bonus to having Favs. I’m skeptical on the corner three but he’s shooting them with no hesitation.

The Niko ship has sailed and looking at our draft position and his performance and I’m sad... has anyone seen Infection... I imagine he has gone off the rails Ron Burgandy style.

If the deal was AB and a first for Niko, which is better than they got, then we lost on that one. Better nail this pick... my guess is whoever we pick will be Infections least favorite player.

If that's the play I'm thinking of... Rubio and Jingles were breaking hard up the court together while Rubio slowed down just enough to let things develop and hit Favors, who hit a cutting Jerekbo. That was a beautiful play.

Rubio set that up perfect. He paused just enough on that fast break to let things fall into place. Showed an excellent feel for the game.

I like that Favs gives us Rudy insurance... it’s another bonus to having Favs. I’m skeptical on the corner three but he’s shooting them with no hesitation.

The Niko ship has sailed and looking at our draft position and his performance and I’m sad... has anyone seen Infection... I imagine he has gone off the rails Ron Burgandy style.

If the deal was AB and a first for Niko, which is better than they got, then we lost on that one. Better nail this pick... my guess is whoever we pick will be Infections least favorite player.

I'm fairly certain that the deal is very rarely what we thought it was. I think that part of the Niko calculus is that it also meant dropping Favors after the season. So the question may be "Is Niko worth Favors plus a twenty one pick?" Burks as an expiring is pretty moveable next year without giving up a pick.

If that's the play I'm thinking of... Rubio and Jingles were breaking hard up the court together while Rubio slowed down just enough to let things develop and hit Favors, who hit a cutting Jerekbo. That was a beautiful play.

Rubio set that up perfect. He paused just enough on that fast break to let things fall into place. Showed an excellent feel for the game.

That must have been the time they DIDN"T call an 8 second violation in seven seconds. Can't have Rubio pausing. I guess we should feel lucky that the Ref didn't run over and knock Rubio down Teague-style.

Once the Refs start fouling Rubio it's on like Donkey Kong

I've been thinking about this too. Think we ****ed up.

Then again, maybe Lindsay pulls some heroics.

I think there is still a path to a deal depending on what NO is willing to spend... Obviously if Niko continues to go nuclear it aint happening.

NO will be at $129M - $134M in salary to keep it together... figures Boogie in at 25-30M and Rondo at $3M. They can stretch Ajinca and take a little edge off, but overall they are looking at a tax bill of $5-15M depending on Boogie. If the re-sign Boogie they also won't be able to re-sign Niko the following year without a monster tax bill.

If they can give up yet another pick for someone to eat Solomon Hill's contract it is problem solved. They shouldn't keep doing it, but Demps wants to keep his job and is willing to mortgage the future.

If they aren't willing to do it a Jae Crowder/Jonas/Udoh trade for Niko and Ajinca saves them $10M (once they waive Jonas and Udoh) and gives them a cost effective piece in Jae. The guarantee dates on those contracts are later so they can see where Boogie comes in before making the decision.

Sliver of hope for my boy Infection.

I'm fairly certain that the deal is very rarely what we thought it was. I think that part of the Niko calculus is that it also meant dropping Favors after the season. So the question may be "Is Niko worth Favors plus a twenty one pick?" Burks as an expiring is pretty moveable next year without giving up a pick.

Maybe... I agree we don't know what the deal was. If I am Chicago I would prefer AB and Utah's pick to the NO package. If that meant we traded Favs or he disengages then that sucks.

I never knew

I've never gone back and really looked at what was deemed a controlled tap or not though and I'm guessing that is one of those homecooking stats... Like the OKC and Philly statkeepers just give it to Ben and RW whenever they look like they might have touched it a little.

Which Favors can we plan on? The ghost of game 1 or the hero of game 2? Game 2 will almost certainly be his best game of our entire playoff run, judging by his history. He can be great when he turns it on, but he does not do that nearly enough. And if you want your 4 to be a 3 point shooter, Favs is not the guy. I would be happy to move on to someone who fits better.

If we traded for Mirotic we might have missed the playoffs tho. Mirotic was a dumpster fire in February and March. He really turned it on once he shaved at the start of April.

I just hope we get to play Houston so we can see if the Favors/Gobert thing can actually work against an elite team who doesnt play Carmello Anthony major minutes. I would assume it doesnt and Crowder probably goes back to play more against them (but then again Crowder is kind of dumpster juice so maybe he wont).