What's new

Disregard Mirotic, Aquire Favors!

If we traded for Mirotic we might have missed the playoffs tho. Mirotic was a dumpster fire in February and March. He really turned it on once he shaved at the start of April.

I mean crowder wasn’t killing it either though. I think the gravity he has still allows us to stretch the floor.

I just hope we get to play Houston so we can see if the Favors/Gobert thing can actually work against an elite team who doesnt play Carmello Anthony major minutes. I would assume it doesnt and Crowder probably goes back to play more against them (but then again Crowder is kind of dumpster juice so maybe he wont).

I need to see it against a modern team that plays smarter. I think Favs will be a bargain this offseason. He’s in the middle tier of definitely worth more than the MLE but not sure the teams with actual cap space will have enough interest to open up the coffers. Dallas, Phoenix, Atlanta going to go 4/60? 4/50? At 4/50 I’m pretty sure I’m in. He may want the one year deal at a big number and to get on the market again next year.

I think there is still a path to a deal depending on what NO is willing to spend... Obviously if Niko continues to go nuclear it aint happening.

NO will be at $129M - $134M in salary to keep it together... figures Boogie in at 25-30M and Rondo at $3M. They can stretch Ajinca and take a little edge off, but overall they are looking at a tax bill of $5-15M depending on Boogie. If the re-sign Boogie they also won't be able to re-sign Niko the following year without a monster tax bill.

If they can give up yet another pick for someone to eat Solomon Hill's contract it is problem solved. They shouldn't keep doing it, but Demps wants to keep his job and is willing to mortgage the future.

If they aren't willing to do it a Jae Crowder/Jonas/Udoh trade for Niko and Ajinca saves them $10M (once they waive Jonas and Udoh) and gives them a cost effective piece in Jae. The guarantee dates on those contracts are later so they can see where Boogie comes in before making the decision.

Sliver of hope for my boy Infection.
If they decide to keep mirotic then he would just be a free agent in 2019 and we can get him then right? Or would we be left not having enough monies for him at that point?

If they decide to keep mirotic then he would just be a free agent in 2019 and we can get him then right? Or would we be left not having enough monies for him at that point?

We should have plenty of space. May cost us Ricky or Dante or Favs depending on what we do. I think to have enough space to sign him or Harris to a 20M deal without waiving Ricky’s cap hold. I’d like to keep Ricky and I think we can keep him on a team friendly deal. Not sure anyone else believes they can get what we are out of him.

Yeah, but if they decide to keep him that probably means they are deciding not to keep Boogie, which means they would probably commit to Mirotic long-term.

Yeah, but a lot of the talk around trading for Mirotic was trading Favors in conjunction with that move, either in the trade for Mirotic or separate.

Yeah... butterfly effect comes into play... who knows.

Maybe he slumps and NO decides it needs to save some dough. If not we can wait. We know he had interest and I can’t see NO retaining him with Boogie and AD. He won’t want to be a 6th man forever and there will be money concerns.

1. We dangled both Burks and Favors but Chicago wanted a first rounder. They would have taken our deal as you see they took NO’s deal.
2. NO only came into the picture in the 11th hour because of the Boogie injury.
3. Always take the bird in hand when you’ve got it; the landscape changes fast (see #2).
4. I’ve remained doubtful about him being acquirable. Yeah, we can project tax landscape, but again, the landscape of the league can change fast.
5. I always said our pick wasn’t going to be that good.
6. Next year we could have had Niko rather than Burks.
7. He’s an 18 PPG guy in our system, by picking up what the offense gives him.
8. I’ve rupture both my achilles tendons in the past 5 years. Boogie’s rupture was more painful than both of them.

Yeah, but if they decide to keep him that probably means they are deciding not to keep Boogie, which means they would probably commit to Mirotic long-term.

I disagree. They can mitigate the tax and letting Boogie walk is smart until you consider that AD really wants him back... and concern number 1 for them is keeping AD happy.

They could probably move Moore without a significant sweetener. They could also move Niko mid season once Boogie is healthy.

1. We dangled both Burks and Favors but Chicago wanted a first rounder. They would have taken our deal as you see they took NO’s deal.
3. Always take the bird in hand when you’ve got it; the landscape changes fast (see #2).
4. I’ve remained doubtful about him being acquirable. Yeah, we can project tax landscape, but again, the landscape of the league can change fast.
8. I’ve rupture both my achilles tendons in the past 5 years. Boogie’s rupture was more painful than both of them.

Milk was a bad choice.

Stay strong buddy!

The thing that gives me hope is they were concerned about that second year and almost balked... so money is on their mind. So it is a factor.. if they can flip Niko for Crowder and save 10-25M I think they will consider it. They are one of the franchises that loses money... so throwing more money in the pot may be unpalatable.

I disagree. They can mitigate the tax and letting Boogie walk is smart until you consider that AD really wants him back... and concern number 1 for them is keeping AD happy.

They could probably move Moore without a significant sweetener. They could also move Niko mid season once Boogie is healthy.
They are winning a playoff series for the first time. That's what makes AD happy.

I dont know how true most of this is.

Our pick hasnt happened yet, so who knows?

I'm not convinced Mirotic would be better in our system as he is in NOLA. NOLA plays at a breakneck speed and the mismatch that AD creates on the floor really opens up Mirotic.

They are winning a playoff series for the first time. That's what makes AD happy.

There is a bond there... have seen enough to know it isn’t just talk. If he leaves because of financial issues it will be the straw that breaks ADs back and he will ask out...

I think they are more likely to trade another first rounder to move Hill than to let Boogie walk.

Hah. I only recognize that from UGLI’s avatar.

Got a game thread coming up in a couple hours with some good references.

It’s where I thought you were mentally last night watching Niko.

I dont know how true most of this is.

Our pick hasnt happened yet, so who knows?

I'm not convinced Mirotic would be better in our system as he is in NOLA. NOLA plays at a breakneck speed and the mismatch that AD creates on the floor really opens up Mirotic.

I think he’d be fantastic for us... we need guys that can raise our offensive ceiling and he does that. I get what you are saying though. They can play 5 out but I think with our ball movement and Rudy’s gravity he’d get a lot of good looks. Ricky has done well with shooting bigs too.

I just have so much faith in our coaching staff, system, and players.