What's new

Disregard Mirotic, Aquire Favors!

Favs has been really good so if the trade would have cost us Favs I’m not sure I 100% do it now.

Didn’t mean to rehash this just thought the article was relevant and it sounds like they consider Niko part of the core going forward. Again... re-signing cousins and not finding a taker for Hill will put them in LT hell when the try and re-sign him in 2019.
Yeah, I've mentioned before that I thought Niko would really put in to question bringing back Boogie. From February 2:
My prediction is that if Niko starts for NOP, he’ll average 20+ with them and they won’t be nearly as pressured to bring Boogie back at a high price.
Now, Mirotic didn't average 20+ with NOP (he averaged 14.6), but I had stated that if he started he'd average that. In his 11 starts for NOP in the regular season, he averaged 18.7 PPG. In the playoffs he's averaged 18.3 PPG while they swept the #3 seed.

#JustaHotStreak

Yeah, I've mentioned before that I thought Niko would really put in to question bringing back Boogie. From February 2:

Now, Mirotic didn't average 20+ with NOP (he averaged 14.6), but I had stated that if he started he'd average that. In his 11 starts for NOP in the regular season, he averaged 18.7 PPG. In the playoffs he's averaged 18.3 PPG while they swept the #3 seed.

#JustaHotStreak

We all know what happened with Niko and Portis... I do wonder if Mirotic will be less happy if DMC comes back and he is coming off the bench in a contract year.

We all know what happened with Niko and Portis... I do wonder if Mirotic will be less happy if DMC comes back and he is coming off the bench in a contract year.
Boogie to Boston for Hayward. Paul George to Boston for Hayward.

It will be hard to get better from where we are... guys will improve, but adding talent and letting other advantages go will be a delicate balance.

What happens with Favs will be the first of those big decisions. He's been so good, but if we had a floor spacer like Niko does it make up for the other things we lose? DL's job gonna get tough. Needs to continue doing well in the draft and hopefully we find a higher tier FA at some point. Not Paul George or that level... I'm still think Tobias Harris, Niko, or Khris Middleton would be adequate to push us to contender status... assuming health and DM's continued ascent to being the best player ever.

Here is my prediction on Boogie... If Phoenix doesn't get Ayton... full max to DMC... because they are Phoenix.