Votes: 21 80.8%

• Total voters

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Join me in my formal petition! We should not shut down Keyonte for Summer League unless his ankle tweak is bothering him. As long as he is 100% he should play at least a couple more games. Let him cook!

Here is the reason... He has put up 29.5 and 8.5 assists per game on insane efficiency - crazy shooting splits and 3 turnovers per game. Only Jabari Smith - 2nd pick of the draft and 2nd year guy - is scoring more. His assists put him in the category with Nembhard and guys that are just out there passing the whole time... and his turnovers are way lower. It feels a bit flukey, but it also feels not flukey at all... we deserve and need to know how flukey or unflukey this is. If it continues then find some moves to clear the runway a bit. If he struggles then we know it might be a longer game we need to play. If the unspeakable unfortunate thing happens where he sustains an injury... we have incredible depth... it is not as if he is NEEDED to be successful this season. I thought on draft night he'd be more of an Ochai type where you get him some time here and there but mostly on the back half of the season. He might be more on the Kessler trajectory or dare I say the Donovan trajectory. Give us more proof please... also preseason is so far away and I can't watch Ross and Potter pick and rolls. TIA

i'd probably shut him down. send him into the season with his confidence through the roof, feeling like he can conquer the world and dominate the nba. not to mention he looks like a pretty damn good player and there is no reason to risk needless injury in meaningless games.

i apologize in advance for this opinion.

flame away!

Join me in my formal petition! We should not shut down Keyonte for Summer League unless his ankle tweak is bothering him. As long as he is 100% he should play at least a couple more games. Let him cook!

Here is the reason... He has put up 29.5 and 8.5 assists per game on insane efficiency - crazy shooting splits and 3 turnovers per game. Only Jabari Smith - 2nd pick of the draft and 2nd year guy - is scoring more. His assists put him in the category with Nembhard and guys that are just out there passing the whole time... and his turnovers are way lower. It feels a bit flukey, but it also feels not flukey at all... we deserve and need to know how flukey or unflukey this is. If it continues then find some moves to clear the runway a bit. If he struggles then we know it might be a longer game we need to play. If the unspeakable unfortunate thing happens where he sustains an injury... we have incredible depth... it is not as if he is NEEDED to be successful this season. I thought on draft night he'd be more of an Ochai type where you get him some time here and there but mostly on the back half of the season. He might be more on the Kessler trajectory or dare I say the Donovan trajectory. Give us more proof please... also preseason is so far away and I can't watch Ross and Potter pick and rolls. TIA
I like keynote

that sounds nice until he tears an ACL after dunking on frankie ferrari in july.
I get that... but it could happen in practice, preseason, pickup runs (they all play in them), or the G League.

I need at least one more game. If he crushes it again I think it is less of a hot shooting fluke and just he is awesome and ready.

Since Will Hardy doesn't believe in giving rookies minutes easily, I think the more reps now the better.
I agree and this can be more proof to Hardy and the FO he is ready for minutes now. Like this is part of him "earning" those minutes.

Say he plays two more games and its more like slc summer league... well then a nice solid 10-12 minute role for now seems justified given our guard depth. If he continues to crush it and you have offers for THT or Sexton that are okay... maybe you pull the trigger on one so that he is guaranteed 20-25 minutes and has the ability to earn more.

As long as he is healthy, there is no reason to shut him down. He has lots to learn and needs to keep growing. His ability to have summer league translate into real competition in the real league is a very big deal. I was more excited about him as a pick that I was Hendricks but still not ready to believe he is ready for prime time. Fingers crossed.

As long as he is healthy, there is no reason to shut him down. He has lots to learn and needs to keep growing. His ability to have summer league translate into real competition in the real league is a very big deal.
I mean, at some point the amount of games in a short period is a legitimate reason for concern.

I'm guessing he plays the last game of the scheduled games then sits for the playoff games.

I mean, at some point the amount of games in a short period is a legitimate reason for concern.

I'm guessing he plays the last game of the scheduled games then sits for the playoff games.
Or give him a game off and bring him back for the playoffs. Or just let him cook and win the title/MVP and we can call him KG tha MVP!