What's new

Do Not Shut Keyonte Down!

Should we shut down Keyonte?

• No

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Hell No

Votes: 21 80.8%

• Total voters
I think you can judge it a little. The results are obviously amazing... but he also just shoots it so effortlessly and comfortably and the makes are really clean. But yeah... I'd like a bigger sample if possible... so give me 2-3 more games to see it. At the rate he cranks em out we should have a decent sample size to make some okay surface judgements.

I also think he is picking things up and improving... seemed like every 2 pointer he shot in SLC got blocked... has had a bunch of nice finishes around the basket. I would just want as much data to plan the next couple months as he may be further down the road than I personally thought.

He's getting easier shots than he did at Baylor. 1) Shots at the basket are better than mid range 2) His 3 pointers are much easier. I've said this a lot, but both teams treated Keyonte like he was Curry at Baylor. They were full on face guarding him and he was taking every bending, twisting shot he could like he was Curry. He's not Curry, but it kind of explains the percentages. I feel like he still needs to get a read on what's a good/bad shot. First couple of games he was hesitating on the most open of open shots....but he's settled in now. He still has the bad habit when the other plays good defense it almost eggs him on to shoot in their face....Then you have the subtle things like when to throw a bounce pass versus a lob. He's figuring it all out, and quickly, but I think the only way you can learn is by getting live reps.

If he's not playing in SL, he's going to be playing basketball somewhere else. I say let it rip. Not only should we keep playing him, we should pretend he's Luka and run everything through him. It's how he will get better.

I'm not exactly sure how it works... but if he sat the next game they would still have more games right. Sit one... then its 5 games in 10 days.
they have 2 more regular games before playoffs. So sit him Wednesday for load management... put him back in on Friday.

My thing is that in his first post game interview he voiced a desire to be the summer league MVP. Letting him chase that is instructive. He will need to win and perform.

It is ultimately a silly thing, but if he can take a somewhat pedestrian team to the championship isn't that ultimately more important than his gaudy counting stats? You could tell last night he was going to put the Wolves away, and then he did it. It will be while before he has that leadership role again, let him run with it now.

I think he'll only play one more game and he will be shut down. We need Hendricks and Sensabaugh action soon. I'd like to see what they got to show as well.

in my ideal world - the jazz would shut keyonte down (when his confidence is through the roof and the coaches confidence in him is at it's peak as well), while sensabaugh and hendricks go out there and play. i understand that sensabaugh playing is likely a pipe dream and hendricks is very unlikely as well, but that would be my ideal scenario for the rest of SL. right now, Key is the only reason to watch the Jazz, but if hendricks and/or sensabaugh were to play it would still be fun to watch the games, we've seen what Key is capable of already and there would be plenty of shots to go around for TH and BS without KG3 out there.

Shut him down for the playoffs? Hell to the no! Let the kid cook!

I've been to the Vegas summer league numerous times, numerous years and I have never seen the Jazz took it quite seriously, even for the playoffs. The reason why is, they have their own summer league to evaluate their players. They usually play their top rookie players 3 in SLC, then 3 in Vegas. Maybe 1 game for the playoffs, which they usually lose by playing their bench players.

Would you like a shovel to dig out of that hole ?
Nah but I’d like one to beat everyone’s head in that wants to blame a random injury on an internet thread. He’s got like 3
months to recover… I think he’ll be okay.