Do the Jazz get out of the first round?

• Yes

Votes: 26 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 28 36.4%
  • Depends on matchup

Votes: 23 29.9%

• Total voters
This is the worst part of it. Yeah sure, Butler is not going to be a huge difference-maker this year, but by god neither is Forrest as he cannot shoot and is easily negated. Butler has so much more potential than Forrest that we are just wasting, throwing right in the *****er. I don't care if he makes 3 mistakes in the first 2 minutes on the floor. In the next 8-10 he was generating some real plays and getting more comfortable with the offense and his defense is on par with Forrest, playing during the injury and covid stretch, and if you gave him those minutes consistently he would improve. Remember, Forrest went through the same learning curve last year and into this year before he started to be comfortable and stable in the vaunted System of the Snyder. But no, Butler had to be benched as soon as everyone was healthy because what, we already invested 2 years in Forrest, so the sunk cost wins out over the high-value gamble? Stupid people management from the FO and coaching staff. It will come back to bite us as soon as we realize that in the playoffs Forrest is this year's Niang, completely unplayable and adds nothing, whereas during the regular seasons we relied on him way too much, so now we have nothing else to show to make up for his empty spot in the playoffs.

We have seriously taken 2 steps back as a team this year. I will be happily surprised if we win in the first round, and I seriously doubt we can do anything in the 2nd round at all.

This year is turning into such a waste. The only good thing to come out of it will hopefully be the end of the Quin Snyder era.

As a fan, this team is unlikable not because they're full of crybabies or basket cases, but because even the Tin Man believes them to be heartless.

Probably not.

In a playoff series, I think the Jazz have to be substantially more talented than their opponent in order to compensate for their inability to close games.

We're the seahawks of the past few years. No chance of a superbowl so might as well blow it up. Treadmill teams aren't fun, they're infuriating.

As crazy as it might sound, I feel fairly confident that we will surprise Dallas in the first round and then fall to the Suns in the second. Dallas doesn’t have the weapons that Golden State does, Mitchell matches up fairly well with Luka and I don’t see Kidd as any better at coaching than Snyder is. Regarding our recent meltdowns I don’t see that being an issue with Dallas. And regarding scar tissue, it might actually be a psychological advantage for us having such low expectations going in.

As crazy as it might sound, I feel fairly confident that we will surprise Dallas in the first round and then fall to the Suns in the second. Dallas doesn’t have the weapons that Golden State does, Mitchell matches up fairly well with Luka and I don’t see Kidd as any better at coaching than Snyder is. Regarding our recent meltdowns I don’t see that being an issue with Dallas. And regarding scar tissue, it might actually be a psychological advantage for us having such low expectations going in.
I keep wanting to have this type of optimism, then I watch us play in the fourth quarter. I honestly think everyone on the team is too far into their own heads to win anything this year.

I keep wanting to have this type of optimism, then I watch us play in the fourth quarter. I honestly think everyone on the team is too far into their own heads to win anything this year.
We are beating teams, sometimes handily but we go flat out braindead for some reason. If we can somehow fix this, we can give hell to any team. Will it happen? I have my strong doubts...

We are beating teams, sometimes handily but we go flat out braindead for some reason. If we can somehow fix this, we can give hell to any team. Will it happen? I have my strong doubts...
The last 30 games or so we are beating every other team. Not exactly awe-inspiring.

The glass-half-full-optimist would say, "Yeah, but the Jazz were up 25 on the Clippers, 20 on the Warriors, and 17 on the Suns. They just need to add a couple buckets in the 4th quarter."

House and Hernangomez have been lifting the Jazz's energy and defense. Conley, Clarkson and Bogey have found some rhythm. Whiteside has been pretty solid.

If Mitchell can get some rest and find his nuclear codes, the Jazz can win a series and make a second series competitive at least.

It's hard to see how our clutch/4th quarter woes will be magically fixed in the playoffs, if anything they will likely get even worse because the pressure will be so much greater. This team just feels so broken right now.

Bad question… it’s not whether we will get out of the first… it’s whether we will get into the second… and no… we will not

I think we will beat dallas

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I assume Spida wears contact lenses when he plays and I say that because I have seen him in glasses when he's not dressed or after games. I'm wondering if some of his late game melt downs could be attributed to a contact problem. I mean he has gone from all world to gawd awful almost instantly. Just a theory.