Do the Jazz get out of the first round?

• Yes

Votes: 26 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 28 36.4%
  • Depends on matchup

Votes: 23 29.9%

• Total voters
I think some guys have been tired. The Jazz have been playing every other day with a lot of travel for the past month. Other teams have had rest advantages on the Jazz that have factored into these 4th quarter collapses, imo.

I assume Spida wears contact lenses when he plays and I say that because I have seen him in glasses when he's not dressed or after games. I'm wondering if some of his late game melt downs could be attributed to a contact problem. I mean he has gone from all world to gawd awful almost instantly. Just a theory.

He's said in interviews that he should wear contacts when he plays but he doesn't because he can't stand the way they feel. I honestly don't think it has anything to do with his 4th quarter implosions.

The last 30 games or so we are beating every other team. Not exactly awe-inspiring.
What I meant was that we are often playing better basketball for a majority of the first 3 quarter then blow it up all up in the last quarter/quarter and a half. We are aren't necessarily getting blown out we just are embarrassingly bad at closing.

I assume Spida wears contact lenses when he plays and I say that because I have seen him in glasses when he's not dressed or after games. I'm wondering if some of his late game melt downs could be attributed to a contact problem. I mean he has gone from all world to gawd awful almost instantly. Just a theory.
He needs one of those:
372949cdf88f5e9a6b6654dfbe575c5b.png

The glass-half-full-optimist would say, "Yeah, but the Jazz were up 25 on the Clippers, 20 on the Warriors, and 17 on the Suns. They just need to add a couple buckets in the 4th quarter."

House and Hernangomez have been lifting the Jazz's energy and defense. Conley, Clarkson and Bogey have found some rhythm. Whiteside has been pretty solid.

If Mitchell can get some rest and find his nuclear codes, the Jazz can win a series and make a second series competitive at least.
Holy Snikeys! You mean to tell me that on top of everything else, Mitchell has also misplaced the damn Nuclear Codes?

I keep wanting to have this type of optimism, then I watch us play in the fourth quarter. I honestly think everyone on the team is too far into their own heads to win anything this year.
Forget about the meltdown component for a minute and consider the big lead on good teams component. That says to me that we have the firepower and the belief to play with anyone. We honestly have some of the best shooters in the league.

5 seed, no pressure in a series with a team that hasn’t been one that has embarrassed us recently- gotta love our chances IMO.

And the really Super Cool part is that if we can accomplish that, then we get a real shot at some redemption with a little confidence behind it. Don gets another chance to show he’s as good as Booker. Snyder gets another shot at Williams, and on the big stage. Chance to really see what this team as currently constructed is capable of. As underdogs with no pressure- stranger things have happened!

Last edited:
Absolutely no chance we make it out. We probably win 1 game at best and then we fire Snyder and start moving pieces