What's new

Do we have a future superstar on the team?

Which player if any is a future superstar for the Jazz?

• Gordon Hayward

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Alec Burks

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Enes Kanter

Votes: 30 45.5%
  • Derrick Favors

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Trade someone for said superstar

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters
Honestly, it's hard to say. I don't say that as an insult, but it's generally only really transcendent talents that are clear cut future superstars at 20-21.

I am shocked by the amount of votes that Kanter got. Kanter is only going to get better from here. When I saw him jump in the air to get that block on Aldridge I was shocked. Last year I remember thinking that Kanter will never have that as part of his game. Nice to see that I was wrong. I also think that Kanter has the highest intellectual ability of the four. If he uses that to become better, watch out.

Burks has the ability to average 26/4/3 in a guards league. And, he has the nasty that Favs appears to lack. I'm not saying Alec will reach these numbers, but he could.

I am shocked by the amount of votes that Kanter got. Kanter is only going to get better from here. When I saw him jump in the air to get that block on Aldridge I was shocked. Last year I remember thinking that Kanter will never have that as part of his game. Nice to see that I was wrong. I also think that Kanter has the highest intellectual ability of the four. If he uses that to become better, watch out.

I stood on the floor watching Kanter for a season and still talk with him. I do not see that play being anywhere near a consistent part of his game. Forget that play and be satisfied with a great rebounder, an efficient scorer (that can put up real numbers), and an above average defender .. but not shot-blocker.

Burks has the ability to average 26/4/3 in a guards league. And, he has the nasty that Favs appears to lack. I'm not saying Alec will reach these numbers, but he could.

You're high. Unless he becomes a KObe and can demand a **** load of shots .. nm, no, not happening,

You're high. Unless he becomes a KObe and can demand a **** load of shots .. nm, no, not happening,

Doped up on benadryl for a long flight. But, I stand behind it. If the 3 starts to fall, then he can be wicked. Odds aren't great he reaches my quote, but there are less likely things that will happen.

Doped up on benadryl for a long flight. But, I stand behind it. If the 3 starts to fall, then he can be wicked. Odds aren't great he reaches my quote, but there are less likely things that will happen.

Nice job covering all bases.

I don't think any of the four are really Superstars, but IMO there are only really, at the most, 6 or so Superstars in the NBA. LeBron, Durant, Kobe, Howard, Rose, and Paul. I guess smaller arguments can be made for Deron, Melo, Wade, Westbrook, maybe Griffin. However if all four can be on that 2nd to 3rd tier that's just as good IMO.

I stood on the floor watching Kanter for a season and still talk with him. I do not see that play being anywhere near a consistent part of his game. Forget that play and be satisfied with a great rebounder, an efficient scorer (that can put up real numbers), and an above average defender .. but not shot-blocker.

I am not planning on Kanter averaging anything more than a block a game. My point was that I NEVER thought that I would see Kanter get up in the air to block a shot, especially against another big man that is 6'10". I guess what I am trying to say is that already improved in an area that I never thought that I would see from him.

I am not planning on Kanter averaging anything more than a block a game. My point was that I NEVER thought that I would see Kanter get up in the air to block a shot, especially against another big man that is 6'10". I guess what I am trying to say is that already improved in an area that I never thought that I would see from him.
Gotcha. I agree, was a great block and did surprise me.. And does show a greater athletic ability.. Just wanted to make sure people didn't get their hopes up for it becoming a regular par of his game.

Gotcha. I agree, was a great block and did surprise me.. And does show a greater athletic ability.. Just wanted to make sure people didn't get their hopes up for it becoming a regular par of his game.

I think Kanter (if he remains at the same physical condition) being able to get a few of those types of blocks a month. I would love it if that is enough to force players to adjust their shot because they don't want the embarrassment of being blocked by Hollywood Turk.

PS, did you ever think that you would see that type of a block from Kanter?

It looks like the entire country of Turkey finally saw this and voted for Kanter.

lol you guys have 212.751 km2 land and just over 2 million people living on it, we have 783.562 km2 land and the population is 80 million. this site would crash down even with the joke of it.

I think Kanter (if he remains at the same physical condition) being able to get a few of those types of blocks a month. I would love it if that is enough to force players to adjust their shot because they don't want the embarrassment of being blocked by Hollywood Turk.

PS, did you ever think that you would see that type of a block from Kanter?
Nope