What's new

Do we have a future superstar on the team?

Which player if any is a future superstar for the Jazz?

• Gordon Hayward

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Alec Burks

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Enes Kanter

Votes: 30 45.5%
  • Derrick Favors

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Trade someone for said superstar

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters
My avatar is a Halloween tribute to Hack.

Thank you. And its your color too. Im guessing Halloween and Fall are your favorite things. The leaves turning Orange is probably like the land turning into your dreamland or something. Anyways Im just trying to get around to saying your orange hair is like the Fall version of normal people. Maybe thats where your kind comes from. Like a chameleon, your ancestors hair tried to copy what the trees were doing and it got stuck that way.

lol you guys have 212.751 km2 land and just over 2 million people living on it, we have 783.562 km2 land and the population is 80 million. this site would crash down even with the joke of it.

I like the picture in your sig.... Repped.

As far as I'm concerned, this team is more talented then that Pistons team that beat Malon's Lakers. The only difference is they were more seasoned and battle tested, and in there primes. Our team is young, still trying to learn how to win. Once the 4 come into their own, we could be a very good team. Of the 4 I feel Hayward has the best chance to be a superstar, but still feel that isn't realistic. I can see both Hayward and Favors making it to some Allstar teams, but if we can keep this team together over the next 5 years, there's no doubt in my mind we can be contenders.

Just a few things I feel need to happen.

1. What do we do with Al and Millsap. At some point favors and Kanter need to be handed the keys to the car, which means Al must be let go at the end of the year at the very latest. If Millsap is willing to be a 6th man great, that only enhances our championship chances, what a boost that would be to our already strong bench, if not then Millsap becomes every bit the problem Al is now. By next year at the latest I want Favors and Kanter starting and getting at least 30 minutes a game.

2. Coach needs to build up Marvins confidence and incorporate him in the offense in post ups draw up plays to get him open threes. I say this because Williams has a knack at getting lost on offense, and disappears for long stretches of time. I think he has a future on this team.

3. I don't think coach uses Hayward correctly at all. He needs to be put into a leadership position on this team. Coach Corbin needs to hand Hayward the offense. Coach needs to let Hayward be the playmaker. Hayward needs to have the ball in his hands. Hayward has a lot of the same playmaking skills that LeBron has, and before everyon goes nuts on me, I know LeBron Is an athletic freak, and has the body of superman and all, I'm not comparing Hayward to this, but they have a similar skill set and playing style. LeBron is more athletic and a better finisher while Hayward is a better shooter, but don't mistake Hayward as a finesse player, because he isn't. Being fiscal is a big part of what makes him unique as a player and why I feel he has a chance to be a star in this league. He does everything a team needs to win, but if Coach Corbin doesn't play him right this will never happen. If Coach sees the light and gives Hayward the ball and the keys to the offense, the Jazz will be hard to beat, it also makes Mo the perfect pg for this team.

LeBron is more athletic and a better finisher while Hayward is a better shooter, .

Why would you believe that? LBJ had much better FG% and better 3pt% last season. Only shooting area Hayward beats him is free throws. You need to base your claim on something. I am not even talking about playoff numbers.

Why would you believe that? LBJ had much better FG% and better 3pt% last season. Only shooting area Hayward beats him is free throws. You need to base your claim on something. I am not even talking about playoff numbers.

You know it is possible for a player to not be as good a shooter, but still have higher FG%, like I said LBJ is an athletic freak and a better finisher inside. There's a reason post players usually have higher FG% then guards, dumbass. As far as three pt. shooting goes Hayward was in a shooting slump the first half of the season, but willing to bet by seasons end Hayward shot a higher %

LBJ is primarily an inside player that can go outside, while Hayward is primarily an outside player. If LBJ doesn't have a better FG shooting % every year there is something wrong.

I agree. Lebron is better shooter. Hayward still has work to do. Im still not at a point where, when Hayward shoots I expect it to go in. I still cringe a little when Hayward shoots.

I find it amusing how capricious Jazzfanz are. Kanter is now seen as the player most likely to be a superstar, which i find really interesting. Have some of us already forgotten how freakishly amazing Favors was in the playoffs. His plus minus was ridiculous against the spurs, especially when you compare it to Jefferson and Millsap's. Don't get me wrong, i am falling in love with Kanter as our franchise C or PF, but guys, lets not forget how terrific Favors was. He impacted the playoffs in a way that was cool to watch. He was our best player in the playoffs, and had he not been on the team, we would have lost those games by a lot more. His defense was fabulous. Watch this video if you don't agree.

https://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php?12589-In-defense-of-Favors

Numbers aren't everything. I would also say hayward is a better shooter than LeBron just LeBron has dramatically improved his decision making and shot selection. Thus his percentages have risen. LeBron doesn't need to be Kyle korver because he is a freak. Hayward will get fewer open perimeter shots because people can afford to crowd him and close out to him because he is way way way way less likely to go by them to the hole for a dunk or a pass for an easy basket. So it depends what you mean by better shooter. If they had multiple 3 point shootouts against each other I'm quite certain Hayward would win the majority of the time.

We don´t need a Star for the future, we already have BIG Al ...
We have to trust a bit more on this Guy, if we could role a bit more offense on him, we will reach the Finals this year.

You know it is possible for a player to not be as good a shooter, but still have higher FG%, like I said LBJ is an athletic freak and a better finisher inside. There's a reason post players usually have higher FG% then guards, dumbass. As far as three pt. shooting goes Hayward was in a shooting slump the first half of the season, but willing to bet by seasons end Hayward shot a higher %

did I posted anything insulting to you to deserve "dumbass" comment? The only dumbass here is you trying to explain Haywards worse 3pt FG% on shooting slump in the start of the season. There is a reason one player is better shooter then the other and shooting slumps or being streaky shooter does not make Hayward better shooter then LBJ. Get of mushrooms. seriously. You were the one last season predicting that Hayward will average +20pts based on last few games in regular season. How did that prediction worked for you smartass? Pathetic homer.

did I posted anything insulting to you to deserve "dumbass" comment? The only dumbass here is you trying to explain Haywards worse 3pt FG% on shooting slump in the start of the season. There is a reason one player is better shooter then the other and shooting slumps or being streaky shooter does not make Hayward better shooter then LBJ. Get of mushrooms. seriously. You were the one last season predicting that Hayward will average +20pts based on last few games in regular season. How did that prediction worked for you smartass? Pathetic homer.

Guys, we didn't resign the only superstar we ever even had on our team. Well, at least the Wolves capitalized on our massive blunder.

PS: AKMVP making fun of people's past predictions? Now that's rich.

Numbers aren't everything. I would also say hayward is a better shooter than LeBron just LeBron has dramatically improved his decision making and shot selection. Thus his percentages have risen. LeBron doesn't need to be Kyle korver because he is a freak. Hayward will get fewer open perimeter shots because people can afford to crowd him and close out to him because he is way way way way less likely to go by them to the hole for a dunk or a pass for an easy basket. So it depends what you mean by better shooter. If they had multiple 3 point shootouts against each other I'm quite certain Hayward would win the majority of the time.

if you look at shot distribution on 82games.com LBJ attempted 69% jumpers, Hayward 72% - not such a big difference, yet LBJ's effective jumper FG% was .475 to .456 compared to Hayward. Total FG% difference is even greater at almost 9% difference. Whatever you guys want to base your love for Hayward has no substance, LBJ improved his jumpshooting greatly and is better shooter then Hayward now. If you compare rookie numbers then of course Hayward had better rookie season and he may still improve and surpass LBJ at some point, but based on last season there is no question who was better shooter.

PS: AKMVP making fun of people's past predictions? Now that's rich.

why not? At least I was realistic when it comes to Hayward and did not predict ridiculous numbers like him.

I think in coach Ty's offense Hayward will have the ball in his hands a lot. He will be our playmaker he seems to no how to draw fouls and gets to the line a lot. He will be our closer. I just hope his inconsistent foul shooting was a rookie thing. I see him having plenty of opportunities to score. I say 20 points a game.

Last edited:
Guys, we didn't resign the only superstar we ever even had on our team. Well, at least the Wolves capitalized on our massive blunder.

AK was not superstar. All-star but not superstar. He is perfect 3d option to two superstars.

Kanter has the ability to be a first option on offense, either at PF or C. He's already drawing double teams. He needs to stay light, keep working on this jumper, and be able to take a few dribbles, but he already looks like a high-percentage scorer. Basically a tougher, faster Kevin Love or Al Horford.

I find it amusing how capricious Jazzfanz are. Kanter is now seen as the player most likely to be a superstar, which i find really interesting. Have some of us already forgotten how freakishly amazing Favors was in the playoffs. His plus minus was ridiculous against the spurs, especially when you compare it to Jefferson and Millsap's. Don't get me wrong, i am falling in love with Kanter as our franchise C or PF, but guys, lets not forget how terrific Favors was. He impacted the playoffs in a way that was cool to watch. He was our best player in the playoffs, and had he not been on the team, we would have lost those games by a lot more. His defense was fabulous. Watch this video if you don't agree.

https://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php?12589-In-defense-of-Favors

I definitely was shocked to see how bad he was in the early preseason. Maybe he knew that it was just the preseason. He got better as it went on, and I agree with you that he was our best all around player.

https://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php?12367-Jazz-s-Best-Playoff-Performer&highlight=favors+playoffs

Also, take a look at some of his moves here. He should have either that right block baseline jumper all day, or, if he can get deeper post position, a right block baseline hook. Then he could have the move to the center from the right block with his left hand or a right baseline drive and finish at the rim or with a reverse layup. He needs to fight for deep position though! It seems awesome that Tinsley had his choice of either Kanter or Favors on the left and right block respectively. Then the other one had great rebounding position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8mj3FmT8O4&feature=youtu.be&a

why not? At least I was realistic when it comes to Hayward and did not predict ridiculous numbers like him.

Why not? Maybe because your 'predictions' are also always perennially incorrect? See January 2012 prediction thread, or even the 2011-2012 season thread, let alone all of your talk on how KOC blew it again by drafting 'busts' in the first round.

FWIW at this stage of the game, I agree with you when you say that Lebron is the better shooter. Likewise, like you said, he also as the potential to exceed him, especially when you consider where they both started out.

Lastly, AK played rather poorly as 3rd fiddle to Deron and Boozer, did he not? Or are we gonna argue that he was 4th or 5th option on the Jazz?