What's new

Do we have a future superstar on the team?

Which player if any is a future superstar for the Jazz?

• Gordon Hayward

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Alec Burks

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Enes Kanter

Votes: 30 45.5%
  • Derrick Favors

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Trade someone for said superstar

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters
Sorry but your opinion about Jazz when you were 14-15 year old can't be taken seriously.

It's funny, because a 8 year old Dal probably had more credible Jazz opinions than you did.

Its rather unfair, though. It's hard maintaining consciousness when your head is always bent down, from giving AK a *******. Those blood rushes must've clouded your vision right up.

AK, whether you wanna toss insults, or go back to a basketball argument (interesting that you've strayed away, after realizing that you have been completely shut up YET AGAIN), you're gonna lose either way.

Question for the thread: where was AKMVP when the US won the Gold Medal??

Answer: Giving a fragile, and heartbroken Andrei Kirilenko a ******* after not winning Gold in the Olympics yet again. It's too bad we didn't have AKMVP on hand during our 2007 season, AK might've averaged more than a paltry 8PPG.

It's funny, because a 8 year old Dal probably had more credible Jazz opinions than you did.

You way to cocky kid. Let me ask you one simple question. How come you following Utah Jazz and basketball in general? Isn't football nr.1 sport in Albania and you guys don't even know how to play basketball? Lets be honest, Albania is not basketball country. Did you play any basketball in school? Just curious.

true, my bad mistake. I was thinking about 2004 Olympics for some reason.

Its okay though, at least we have a 15 year old hanging around to remember these 'trivial details'. Am I right!?!?

Of course EK will be a bust, KOC simply cannot draft 1st round picks.

That has yet to be seen. And argue all you want but KOC's record of drafting in 1 round is very crappy if you do not look at his last two years picks ( jury still out).

You way to cocky kid. Let me ask you one simple question. How come you following Utah Jazz and basketball in general? Isn't football nr.1 sport in Albania and you guys don't even know how to play basketball? Lets be honest, Albania is not basketball country. Did you play any basketball in school? Just curious.

Ooooh, such personal questions. Want me to tell you my favourite colour as well?

Come one, answer. I want to know why you consider yourself such an "expert" in basketball when your background is questionable.

Come one, answer. I want to know why you consider yourself such an "expert" in basketball when your background is questionable.

Will only answer over a date setting. PS: I like sushi.

PPS: An Albanian player (Dardan Berisha) dropped a game-winner against Kanter and the Turkish team in EuroBasket last year (he played with team Poland). But sure, absolutely ZERO Albanians know how to play basketball :confused:

Will only answer over a date setting. PS: I like sushi.
PPS: An Albanian player (Dardan Berisha) dropped a game-winner against Kanter and the Turkish team in EuroBasket last year (he played with team Poland). But sure, absolutely ZERO Albanians know how to play basketball :confused:

He is not Albanian according to Polish Wikipedia. Son of Polish mother and Kosovian father, played basketball in his early career in Kosovo and then for Cibona Zagreb.

https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dardan_Berisha

Date and place of birth 15 November 1988
Peć, Jugosławia

The beauty about this forum is that you don't have to provide any sort of credentials. You can be judged simply off of your argument! I have no idea where the majority of these people are from; nor do I care. It's an ad hominem falacy.

He is not Albanian according to Polish Wikipedia. Son of Polish mother and Kosovian father, played basketball in his early career in Kosovo and then for Cibona Zagreb.

https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dardan_Berisha

Are you daft? He was born and raised in Kosovo, and the first pro team he ever played for was in the Kosovo Basketball Superleague. He moved to Poland when he was 20 years old. Albanian is his first language, speaks it fluently, identifies himself as Albanian on interviews with Albanian journalists. He's only lived in Poland for 4 years. The fact that he acquired a Polish citizenship to play for the national team is completely irrelevant (he also has a Croatian one, which you won't be able to see on that garbage Polish wiki article). Keep grasping at straws though.

Are you daft? He was born and raised in Kosovo, and the first pro team he ever played for was in the Kosovo Basketball Superleague. He moved to Poland when he was 20 years old. Albanian is his first language, speaks it fluently, identifies himself as Albanian on interviews with Albanian journalists. He's only lived in Poland for 4 years. The fact that he acquired a Polish citizenship to play for the national team is completely irrelevant (he also has a Croatian one, which you won't be able to see on that garbage Polish wiki article). Keep grasping at straws though.

Ok lets get it clear - so Kosovo belonged to former Yugoslavia when he was born. How come then he is Albanian? He does not even have Albanian passport. His father is Kosovian and mother Polish - where Albania is here? ? Albania recognizes Kosovo as independent country, why you keep saying he is Albanian? And even if he would be Albanian that does not make Albania basketball country, lol. Former Yugoslavian republics are totally different story.
And I am not grasping at straws, you are the one avoiding simple questions - how you become fan of Utah Jazz and basketball in particular? Do you play basketball yourself? There is nothing personal.... Not sure why you avoiding those simple questions.

Ok lets get it clear - so Kosovo belonged to former Yugoslavia when he was born. How come then he is Albanian? He does not even have Albanian passport. His father is Kosovian and mother Polish - where Albania is here? ? Albania recognizes Kosovo as independent country, why you keep saying he is Albanian? And even if he would be Albanian that does not make Albania basketball country, lol. Former Yugoslavian republics are totally different story.
And I am not grasping at straws, you are the one avoiding simple questions - how you become fan of Utah Jazz and basketball in particular? Do you play basketball yourself? There is nothing personal.... Not sure why you avoiding those simple questions.

Both of my parents were born in Kosovo. My older brother was born in Kosovo, 3 years after Dardan, in the same city as Dardan in fact. We consider ourselves ethnic Albanians. The word is 'Shqiptar', which applies to both Albanians of Kosovo as well as Albanians of Albania. We speak the same Albanian language , we have the same Albanian culture. Clearly you do not know much about Albanian and Kosovar history, so I will cut this discussion short, and tell you that I am from the same country, nationality, and my family grew up in the same city as Dardan. Hell, Im sure I could ask my father if he knew of a Berisha family from Pej, who had a talented son who played basketball, and he might have an answer for me. As a result, I have disproved your whole 'who from your country even knows how to PLAY basketball' argument, which was foolish to begin with.

I am avoiding these simple questions as it seems to be pressing you, which makes me laugh.

I think it is still to early to tell if we have a superstar player on this team. I think Favors, Kanter, and Burks could develop into that kind of player. Or they could be just average NBA starters. Hayward doesn't have Superstar potential IMO. But he could end up being the best player out of the 4 and an All Star. Burks and Favors have so much athletic talent that they could still possibly reach Superstar status. Kanter has grown so much in just one year that I have no read on his ceiling at all.

Both of my parents were born in Kosovo. My older brother was born in Kosovo, 3 years after Dardan, in the same city as Dardan in fact. We consider ourselves ethnic Albanians. The word is 'Shqiptar', which applies to both Albanians of Kosovo as well as Albanians of Albania. We speak the same Albanian language , we have the same Albanian culture. Clearly you do not know much about Albanian and Kosovar history, so I will cut this discussion short, and tell you that I am from the same country, nationality, and my family grew up in the same city as Dardan. Hell, Im sure I could ask my father if he knew of a Berisha family from Pej, who had a talented son who played basketball, and he might have an answer for me.

Thanks, that makes sense then. No need to be so defensive. As I said former Yugoslavian republics is different then Albania. I doubt you would had same basketball exposure in Albania compared to Kosovo. I never visited Kosovo or Albania but been to Croatia and Serbia so I know how passionate people are over there about basketball.

I'm totally on the Burks bandwagon. I see a guy who could easily average 20ppg and be much more multidimensional than people give him credit for lately. But the idea of having a set of twin towers excites me even more, especially in today's NBA.

Monta ellis, kevin martin, many players can easily average 20 ppg in this league, the problem is their game is too much selfish and one sided. I doubt burks will ever become half of the team player Hayward is. He has many flawss on his game to become a superstar

If we have a superstar, I'd be shocked if it wasn't Favors. Kanter's preseason has given me slight hope, too. And Burks has longshot potential. But we definitely have no clear superstar.