• No.

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • I believe in reincarnation.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • I don't believe in existence.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ever had one?

I have had 2. One of them I don't like to talk about. Let's just say it can be life-altering as nothing else I have ever experienced. Kind of like chemo, you cannot really know what it's like until you have been there.

Well can you talk about the other one?

Also would be interested to know what your faith/belief was prior to and post the experience.

TIA.

There has to be an after life because ghosts are obviously real.

Let's tell ghost stories!

So I took my kids on a tour of the haunted house in Virginia City. It is the "Millionaire's Club", where during the gold rush years it was the posh gathering place for millionaires of the time, many of whom had wealth in excess of billions in today's money. The building is huge, and purportedly haunted for over a century. They take you upstairs (it has 3 floors) and through the various rooms and such. It is in a perpetual state of remodeling, or so it seems. The tour guides have obviously been doing this for years, and their delivery was very polished. We went through a bunch of rooms and they showed us where ghost hunters came and stayed for like 3 days. There were stairwells up the back to back doors for "working girls" of the era, and other areas cordoned off because it was unstable to go there. At one point there was a shaft into a cellar-like room where they had stacked bodies like cord-wood during a particularly bad winter when many people died but couldn't be buried due to the ground being frozen, so the bodies were stored in the club's wine cellar to control the rot until spring. It was all very interesting.

Ont he 3rd floor he showed us a backroom with a small hall-way to another room that had no other entrances than that hallway. I was one of the first down into that room and when I looked down that hallway there was a guy in a cowboy hat, what looked like faded levis, a leather vest kind of thing and a cowboy hat. He was facing away of me as I glanced around the room. It was kind of boring so I went back up the hall, but before I did he turned and looked at me. He had a handlebar mustache and I thought he was part of the wild-west shootout they had going on. I nodded at him and he kind of glared at me then turned away. I thought, jeez what a pissy dude. I went back to the main group.

That was when I realized I hadn't seen that guy in the main group at all. The room he was in had no other way in than the hallway I walked down to see it and I was standing now at the other end of that hall. I looked back to the room and there was no one there. I asked my brother-in-law, who was visiting, if he had seen the guy because he came in right behind me and he said no. The guide was talking about a card-game gone wrong or some such thing and about a guy who had been killed in that room, who had a handlebar mustache and was known to walk the halls, and was always pissed off. He said on many tours people had seen or heard him (he apparently told people to get out).

That was a little weird.

So I took my kids on a tour of the haunted house in Virginia City. It is the "Millionaire's Club", where during the gold rush years it was the posh gathering place for millionaires of the time, many of whom had wealth in excess of billions in today's money. The building is huge, and purportedly haunted for over a century. They take you upstairs (it has 3 floors) and through the various rooms and such. It is in a perpetual state of remodeling, or so it seems. The tour guides have obviously been doing this for years, and their delivery was very polished. We went through a bunch of rooms and they showed us where ghost hunters came and stayed for like 3 days. There were stairwells up the back to back doors for "working girls" of the era, and other areas cordoned off because it was unstable to go there. At one point there was a shaft into a cellar-like room where they had stacked bodies like cord-wood during a particularly bad winter when many people died but couldn't be buried due to the ground being frozen, so the bodies were stored in the club's wine cellar to control the rot until spring. It was all very interesting.

Ont he 3rd floor he showed us a backroom with a small hall-way to another room that had no other entrances than that hallway. I was one of the first down into that room and when I looked down that hallway there was a guy in a cowboy hat, what looked like faded levis, a leather vest kind of thing and a cowboy hat. He was facing away of me as I glanced around the room. It was kind of boring so I went back up the hall, but before I did he turned and looked at me. He had a handlebar mustache and I thought he was part of the wild-west shootout they had going on. I nodded at him and he kind of glared at me then turned away. I thought, jeez what a pissy dude. I went back to the main group.

That was when I realized I hadn't seen that guy in the main group at all. The room he was in had no other way in than the hallway I walked down to see it and I was standing now at the other end of that hall. I looked back to the room and there was no one there. I asked my brother-in-law, who was visiting, if he had seen the guy because he came in right behind me and he said no. The guide was talking about a card-game gone wrong or some such thing and about a guy who had been killed in that room, who had a handlebar mustache and was known to walk the halls, and was always pissed off. He said on many tours people had seen or heard him (he apparently told people to get out).

That was a little weird.

Wow. Interesting story. Yeah man, I think if you search hard enough, its pretty easy to come to the conclusion that ghosts are real.

Wow. Interesting story. Yeah man, I think if you search hard enough, its pretty easy to come to the conclusion that ghosts are real.

I have had a few such experiences over the years, some I think were just tricks of circumstance, others that I legitimately cannot explain. It is interesting to talk about though.

Not true.

Can you provide substance that proves you love your family? Is the love in your heart something you can measure?

Can science prove every single one of their theories with substance?

Love is a subjective thing. Can you prove that you like popcorn? The proof is solely based on the assertion. Apples to oranges.

uncertainity-principle-electron.png

That was a little weird.

probably a secret passageway

one of my son's friends, who was a theater major, worked a couple of summers at a "haunted" place, I think it was on Mackinaw Island in Michigan, as some sort of a character in a role playing drama and that was one of the tricks they used to creep out the paying customers

probably a secret passageway

one of my son's friends, who was a theater major, worked a couple of summers at a "haunted" place, I think it was on Mackinaw Island in Michigan, as some sort of a character in a role playing drama and that was one of the tricks they used to creep out the paying customers

I considered this a possibility. But the guy was one hell of an actor then, because I really felt animosity from the dude and that if I didn't stop looking at him he would it wouldn't be pretty, and it was pretty quiet in the building in general and I didn't think his boots would be very quiet if he started walking around.

Meh, you never know.

Love is a subjective thing. Can you prove that you like popcorn? The proof is solely based on the assertion. Apples to oranges.

Then if "the proof is solely based on the assertion", you are saying that it is sufficient enough evidence to make it true, otherwise you would have to believe that love, like, hate, etc.., isn't real? Right? Well then why can't someone's assertion that the after life is real be true and proven based solely off the assertion? Hmm? Let that bake your pasta.

I don't really care for baked pasta. Other than lasagna. Haunted lasagna preferably.

I don't have the answers to absolute questions. I just don't think a near death experience is credible proof either way.

Credibility is in the eye of the beer holder.

That's very insulting...and completely untrue.

I think he said it tongue in cheek, but I could be wrong. He does have a semi-point though, kinda. After big tragedies, shock, or scares, people often flock to religion. In my case, it took the death of my child to really change the way I viewed things. I won't say that I didn't just fall for it because I was vulnerable, because that is a good possibility. It just doesn't seem to fit though.

No a NDE is not credible proof. But during the first of the 2 I have experienced, I saw things that were happening hundreds of miles away at pretty much that exact time, and described them in detail the day I woke up (like 2 days later) as they were still vivid in my mind, and it was confirmed later that what I saw was what had happened. That was strange and fantastic and more than a little scary, and no one I have spoken to can explain it, and neither can I. But it sure affects the way you think about these kinds of things going forward.

Multiple dimensions of time and space, Dude. That's the kind of **** I'm talking about.

I think he said it tongue in cheek, but I could be wrong. He does have a semi-point though, kinda. After big tragedies, shock, or scares, people often flock to religion. In my case, it took the death of my child to really change the way I viewed things. I won't say that I didn't just fall for it because I was vulnerable, because that is a good possibility. It just doesn't seem to fit though.
Condolences. You must be an incredibly strong human being. I would like to think I am that strong of a person but I doubt that I am.

Condolences. You must be an incredibly strong human being. I would like to think I am that strong of a person but I doubt that I am.

False. I am a tremendous bitch. I cried into my huge pillow all last night. Worst. Night. Evar.

I'm not talking about a wedding or special events... I was just talking about a Sunday service type thing. Hard to imagine someone would get paid to play there.

No, it's not hard to imagine at all. It's more difficult to imagine someone not getting paid. A good organist enhances the worship experience, which in turn helps attract new members and retains current ones.
It's not something anyone can do, it requires skill. Plus, to be a good organist one cannot simply just play for the services. It takes lots of practice. In fact, if I were to divide my wages across the time I've actually spent playing the organ they would be microscopic.
Obviously my opinion is very biased, but there is no way I'll play the organ without being paid.

Multiple dimensions of time and space, Dude. That's the kind of **** I'm talking about.

I think this is where it is at possibly. How spirituality ties into science of the physical world. Its unknown how many dimensions there really are. There may be a dimension that covers where your soul comes from, what thoughts are, what makes the wheels turn, etc..

I believe we have only scratched the surface, and there actually might not be an end to possibilities in the universe, the same way there is no end to the universe or how there is seemingly no end to how small things get either. Its almost as if we create the reality as we go, rather than we are discovering as it is. The relationship is just rather tricky to understand. Time distorts the perception.

Make sense?

I think this is where it is at possibly. How spirituality ties into science of the physical world. Its unknown how many dimensions there really are. There may be a dimension that covers where your soul comes from, what thoughts are, what makes the wheels turn, etc..

I believe we have only scratched the surface, and there actually might not be an end to possibilities in the universe, the same way there is no end to the universe or how there is seemingly no end to how small things get either. Its almost as if we create the reality as we go, rather than we are discovering as it is. The relationship is just rather tricky to understand. Time distorts the perception.

Make sense?

Nope, not at all, but I get the main idea and agree with you. I want to know if there are other versions of me in these different dimensions, and if there are, are they on the same time scale? It would roll up reincarnation, as well as life after death, and to some extent, the whole "we chose to come to Earth" thing. Maybe THAT is our test, and we must live multiple lives through countless dimensions in order to reach our final perfection or perfected state. Ka is a wheel, you know.

Nope, not at all, but I get the main idea and agree with you. I want to know if there are other versions of me in these different dimensions, and if there are, are they on the same time scale? It would roll up reincarnation, as well as life after death, and to some extent, the whole "we chose to come to Earth" thing. Maybe THAT is our test, and we must live multiple lives through countless dimensions in order to reach our final perfection or perfected state. Ka is a wheel, you know.

The real question is if you went to another dimension and there is another version of you and you caught him in the act with the other version of your wife, do you kick his ***?