What's new

Do you want our pick to convey this year?

Do you want our pick to convey to OKC this year?

• Yes, and hopefully make some noise in the play in/play offs

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • No, I want a Top 10 pick this year!

Votes: 35 36.5%
  • Undecided/No Strong Preference

Votes: 21 21.9%

• Total voters
It makes you wonder if the Jazz would have been better off both years not making trades. Last year let it play out with the players they started the season with. I think now there is a situation where players and the coaching staff don't trust the front office.

I exaggerated of course.

Obviously the players don't care about a pick lol. They want to have success.

If they want to pout for a game or two then fine. If they continue to sulk then they are the ones who are soft. Trades, injuries, etc. **** happens. I don't think the FO tried to piss them off lol.
There is a human element in every organization. DA proved in Boston that he didnt care much about it and he is doing as predicted here. If he doesnt use some the mysterious assets to do something this off season it is likely that some of the players he wants to build around will want out. You cant keep dumping on the team. It worked in Boston because DA got lucky with how quickly Brooklyn imploded. Most fans understands rebuilding but every move by this FO has been self inflicted. It was so very easy to keep one of Donny or Rudy and build with plenty of flexibility.

There is a human element in every organization. DA proved in Boston that he didnt care much about it and he is doing as predicted here. If he doesnt use some the mysterious assets to do something this off season it is likely that some of the players he wants to build around will want out. You cant keep dumping on the team. It worked in Boston because DA got lucky with how quickly Brooklyn imploded. Most fans understands rebuilding but every move by this FO has been self inflicted. It was so very easy to keep one of Donny or Rudy and build with plenty of flexibility.
Every successful build has some luck. He made a prudent emotionless move that many saw could have catastrophic results for Brooklyn.

It’s no mystery about it… we have real assets to do deals.

He won’t continue to dismantle the roster like this. He didn’t do that in Boston… was actually criticized for not doing deals and valuing continuity and building (he became almost Ainge for a while).

Simone is the only long term piece we sold off. We probably shouldnt have done it… but if it shocks this group to its core then this group may not have had it.

Don didn’t want to be here. Building around Rudy might have worked I guess but no one knew Lauri was going to be this. Both moves have been successful… it was absolutely the right call.

Being emotionless in making deals is mandatory for an NBA exec. You can't fall in love or get attached to your players (or coaches).

Being emotionless towards your players is not necessary. Again, all of this has been dumped on Hardy to sort out - a 36yo 2nd year coach. In whatever way they handled this deadline with the team, was clearly not good, and now there's lots of mistrust among the players. Fixing something once it's broken can be really hard and putting it all on Hardy doesn't seem fair either.

Being emotionless in making deals is mandatory for an NBA exec. You can't fall in love or get attached to your players (or coaches).

Being emotionless towards your players is not necessary. Again, all of this has been dumped on Hardy to sort out - a 36yo 2nd year coach. In whatever way they handled this deadline with the team, was clearly not good, and now there's lots of mistrust among the players. Fixing something once it's broken can be really hard and putting it all on Hardy doesn't seem fair either.
I'm truly curious if the FO "consulted" with him about Key starting. I mean we didn't melt after the Phoenix game... I wonder if that helped push the locker room over the edge or if it was that way in Phoenix.

It's pretty comical if the players actually think they are entitled to anything. We are talking about a borderline playoff team the last couple seasons. This isn't some high seed playoff team that has sold off players. If they wanted to make the playoffs then they should have played better so keeping our pick wasn't a conversation but that didn't happen. Were the players disappointed a few weeks ago when they got absolutely destroyed by the nets, pelicans and knicks. Maybe if they don't get destroyed in those games they decide to push it with the vets.

One thing people are forgetting is that we lost to a good suns team on the road and a hot warriors team full of championship caliber vets
Good chance we lose both games with Simone, KO, and ochai

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I’ve never even said it’s a mistake to go for the pick, in fact, I said I lean towards that being the better move. There’s a tradeoff in every trade, and part of that tradeoff is knowing it will piss off the remaining players. Are those picks worth it? Time will tell, but you can’t make these kinds of trades and not expect a grumpy locker room. This is the second year in a row they’ve done this, and according to Andy they justified it to the players the first time by saying they wouldn’t do it again. Well they did lol. When you promise something and do the opposite you have to expect there to be some pushback.

I’ve never even said it’s a mistake to go for the pick, in fact, I said I lean towards that being the better move. There’s a tradeoff in every trade, and part of that tradeoff is knowing it will piss off the remaining players. Are those picks worth it? Time will tell, but you can’t make these kinds of trades and not expect a grumpy locker room. This is the second year in a row they’ve done this, and according to Andy they justified it to the players the first time by saying they wouldn’t do it again. Well they did lol. When you promise something and do the opposite you have to expect there to be some pushback.
Grumpy can manifest lots of ways. I have a dark example from my life I will avoid… hopefully our guys channel that grumpiness in productive ways or get over it.

Not sure we can compare the purge last year to the moves we made this year but if the players felt lied to that sucks.

Every successful build has some luck. He made a prudent emotionless move that many saw could have catastrophic results for Brooklyn.

It’s no mystery about it… we have real assets to do deals.

He won’t continue to dismantle the roster like this. He didn’t do that in Boston… was actually criticized for not doing deals and valuing continuity and building (he became almost Ainge for a while).

Simone is the only long term piece we sold off. We probably shouldnt have done it… but if it shocks this group to its core then this group may not have had it.

Don didn’t want to be here. Building around Rudy might have worked I guess but no one knew Lauri was going to be this. Both moves have been successful… it was absolutely the right call.
Agreed on the luck part and agreed we have assets but still think we should have gotten some real talent for all stars instead of just picks. Simone should have never been dealt and I dont see why we traded KO either. He has plenty left in the tank, especially as a cerebral of a player as he is. Don wanted out but we had a HOF person still with lots left in the tank that wanted to be here and wanted to win. In no way can anyone say it was "absolutely" the right call. You are drinking kool aid that is spiked with that kind of statement. I hope it works out but we are gambling big time. At least we have lots of assets to gamble with.

Agreed on the luck part and agreed we have assets but still think we should have gotten some real talent for all stars instead of just picks.
We got Lauri, Walker, Sexton too. We literally got an all-star for one of our all-stars.

Simone should have never been dealt and I dont see why we traded KO either.
I agree on Simone. KO being a free agent plus being our 4th big was expendable. I wonder how pissy the team would be if we had kept Simone. The return was kind of mid there.

He has plenty left in the tank, especially as a cerebral of a player as he is. Don wanted out but we had a HOF person still with lots left in the tank that wanted to be here and wanted to win. In no way can anyone say it was "absolutely" the right call. You are drinking kool aid that is spiked with that kind of statement. I hope it works out but we are gambling big time. At least we have lots of assets to gamble with.
Probably a little early to call it a win but I think you have to call your shot as the ball is in the air. Coming away with Kessler, Key and a bunch of salary flexibility (kinda wasted on John Collins but alas) and we haven't really gotten into the meat of that deal. Rudy had a down year last year... has been back to his old self... we will see where he goes from here but at the end of the year 50%-60% of Minny's value in the deal will have been realized. Will have 1 year left and a player option after that. We will see what they do and the deal may have been worth it for them.... the franchise has had very little success.

I just think we have very little to lament about between what we got and what we are still due. Fair to wonder what it would look like but we do have hindsight with Lauri.

I just want to convey Danny Ainge to Oklahoma, working in the warehouse of supermarket. Forcing me to watch this crap... I know people... I can make it happen. Danny boy will be soon working with cardboard boxes and plastic bottles.

And no, now I don't want the pick to convey. It will just mean more half assed tanking where they tell publicly about playoff goals and then pull the rug under their players

It's pretty comical if the players actually think they are entitled to anything. We are talking about a borderline playoff team the last couple seasons. This isn't some high seed playoff team that has sold off players. If they wanted to make the playoffs then they should have played better so keeping our pick wasn't a conversation but that didn't happen. Were the players disappointed a few weeks ago when they got absolutely destroyed by the nets, pelicans and knicks. Maybe if they don't get destroyed in those games they decide to push it with the vets.
This is the most disgusting post I've seen in a while. You act like what our FO has done is some standard practice. Selling 3 rotation players from a .500 team that is in the hunt TWICE in a row now.

Also if their goal is the same as yours (tanking), then I would say you should be pissed as well since they may be the worst tanking FO in the history. Twice in a row at middle of the lottery is not the professional grade tank you are looking for.

I just literally cannot get over how bad this post is. I mean its even below NBA2K GM level as I think even the bots would get offended by this.

Hardy asks the players to "play hard" and "play for the team" and talks about winning all the time, and has gotten the team to fight and exceed expectations two years in a row. Do you think that message will resonate next year?

This is the most disgusting post I've seen in a while. You act like what our FO has done is some standard practice. Selling 3 rotation players from a .500 team that is in the hunt TWICE in a row now.

Also if their goal is the same as yours (tanking), then I would say you should be pissed as well since they may be the worst tanking FO in the history. Twice in a row at middle of the lottery is not the professional grade tank you are looking for.
Blah blah blah. Yes the goal is to keep their pick as well as get young players into the rotation. It's also to get value back value for future free agent assets. Some of you are acting like there was a high chance that Olynyk re-signs when reality it was really low. He was going to have a ton of suitors and we already had 3 other bigs.

I just literally cannot get over how bad this post is. I mean its even below NBA2K GM level as I think even the bots would get offended by this.

Hardy asks the players to "play hard" and "play for the team" and talks about winning all the time, and has gotten the team to fight and exceed expectations two years in a row. Do you think that message will resonate next year?
Keep leading your pity party.

Keep leading your pity party.
Dude, don't try to fight it. Just join the pity party. It's way better

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk