What's new

Does anyone still like this team?

Donovan has had a bad year career in the clutch.
Fixed.

EFG% and USG% throughout his career in the clutch:

17-18: 45.3%, 42.4%
18-19: 39.4%, 43.7%
19-20: 47.1%, 40.5%
20-21: 42.6%, 43.4%
21-22: 44.8%, 37.6%

Dude has dominated the ball and shot horrifically bad in the clutch his entire career.

Fixed.

Dude has dominated the ball and shot horrifically bad in the clutch his entire career.
actually Mike Conley is one of the best clutch shooter when he was in Memphis. 44% fg and 52.9% on clutch 3s.

Fixed.

We should just cut the guy. He's such a scrub.

We should let Conley run the offense down the stretch. He's really good these days getting around his defender. Or better, we can give the ball to Rudy to initiate the offense.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

We should just cut the guy. He's such a scrub.

We should let Conley run the offense down the stretch. He's really good these days getting around his defender. Or better, we can give the ball to Rudy to initiate the offense.

Ah yes, the overly-dramatic strawman. A common tactic for those who get called out when making terrible arguments.

Ah yes, the overly-dramatic strawman. A common tactic for those who get called out when making terrible arguments.
Donovan is average in the clutch. I've admitted that.

It sucks that we end games with one shooter who is blanketed, a center who is so incredibly limited, Royce who won't shoot, and Conley who isn't athletic or big enough to create anything.

Don has the weakest counterparts in the entire league for crunch time. It's actually a joke how bad it is.

I feel compelled to add that I think Mitchell is a great player and love watching him play. I'm not in the oneye camp.

Aside from somehow just turning it on in the playoffs, there’s no way we can bring this roster back next year.

And as painful as it is, if we blow it up, Spider goes with it. He’s our most tradable asset which is what really matters if we do a complete revamp with only a few pieces left over.

I’ve waited 40 years for a Jazz banner and not convinced I’ll ever see one with how this league is trending.

Is this a shot at Rudy? His post game was overall a pretty salty one after Andy Larsen had a tweet about him he didn’t like.

I question whether you could get an SGA for a Donovan Mitchell? GM’s aren’t stupid particularly Sam Presti, I’m sure he’s well aware of Mitchell’s ineptitude in clutch time. Anyway, I’m pretty certain that SGA is the one piece that Presti won’t trade.

Other than that, I agree that moving the one piece is superior to blowing up the team. The Knicks would probably be more inclined to do a deal. Fournier and Barrett for Mitchell works on paper. That deal makes sense to me and with our surfeit of guards could also make Conley expendable if coach is willing to give Butler and maybe NAW a shot.
Fair. I mean, honestly if you could rob the Knicks and send Donovan to a terrible team where he and his thin skin have to deal with NY media and expectations….I think I’d actually like that a lot.

It's too damn bad it's come to this but there is just a dark cloud hanging over this team and only the winds of change can blow it away. I see a serious retooling coming in the very near future. It was fun while it lasted, even if we were pretend contenders..

You literally said you were "done with him" in a game thread because he missed a layup.

And you constantly get on people for criticizing our players when you bash Gobert constantly.

At least my comment was in the heat of the moment. Don't know what your excuse is.

And you constantly get on people for criticizing our players when you bash Gobert constantly.

At least my comment was in the heat of the moment. Don't know what your excuse is.
I keep Rudy in perspective. I've never hated him nor scapegoated him for being the reason for all our issues.

Yeah more than weird. The team is starting to form cliques.
The teams always had cliques. The problem is everything’s been catered to whatever the **** Donovan wants and all of Rudy’s clique is gone.

The teams always had cliques. The problem is everything’s been catered to whatever the **** Donovan wants and all of Rudy’s clique is gone.
Did you actually read this tweet? Isn't Rudy Gay literally saying that we have a system built completely around Rudy and when he is out we play a completely different way (switching)? Don't the truly elite teams have the flexibility to do a bunch of switching as to not get caught out as much in iso situations? And what does Rudy Gay's comments have anything to do with Donovan Mitchell? If his statement irritates you, shouldn't coaching be to blame?