What's new

Does anyone still like this team?

Okay TheJazzyUte but I will never have the displeasure of being as miserable as you and your Twitter feed generally are.

Anyway, much of the teams culture is on him, and Rudy. Nothing he’s done has breed a good culture for the franchise or team over the past 2 years and it’s actually been quite the opposite. He’s made everything about him, let every rumor and headline fly, created all sorts of drama, and can’t hold his own defense accountable let alone the guys in his own clique within the team. Donovan’s a good teammate…..to certain teammates. Royce? You bet. He’d never hold Royce accountable though. Trent Forrest? A Donovan favorite. And never going to be worth a minute in the playoffs. When the entire team can see how catered to and babied one dude is, it doesn’t create a good culture, it creates a passive aggressive toxic culture and he epitomizes it.

I'm perfectly content. Disappointed with a lot but your rage and obsession over one player is frightening. Seek some help, my dude, before you allow this level of hate to consume you to the point you pull a Mark David Chapman.

I might have my frustrations with the Jazz but holy **** your misery is at a whole new, frequently mentally unstable level.

Your posts read like a manifesto. I feel even associating with you via this conversation is going to end with a visit from the FBI to discuss everything I know about you and if I have any insight into where you possibly could have hidden the body.

I'm perfectly content. Disappointed with a lot but your rage and obsession over one player is frightening. Seek some help, my dude, before you allow this level of hate to consume you to the point you pull a Mark David Chapman.

I might have my frustrations with the Jazz but holy **** your misery is at a whole new, frequently mentally unstable level.

Your posts read like a manifesto. I feel even associating with you via this conversation is going to end with a visit from the FBI to discuss everything I know about you and if I have any insight into where you possibly could have hidden the body.
Thanks for your manifesto. Now go bitch like you always do on Twitter.

Like, I totally share in his hate of the current iteration of the Jazz, but Oneye’s Mitchell-specific hate and doxxing people is just weird, man.

I like your twitter feed. (i dont have a twitter account but clicked on your link and enjoyed it)

He changed and destroyed the culture, accountability, and atmosphere of the team and franchise. His antics, his arrogant nature, and childish behavior has created a team culture that is toxic and terrible. Because at heart, he’s toxic and terrible.
That may be a lil much. He's certainly no longer the humble kid anymore though. Dude changed.

I’m not sure why more aren’t ready to tear this down to the studs. There’s nothing less desirable in the NBA than a treadmill team that’s maxed out and clearly isn’t good enough. This team has basic talent issues, mental toughness issues, AND team chemistry issues. They are a “good” team but just not any fun anymore.

Would much rather have the hope that comes with a young rebuilding team than waiting for this core to age out, enjoying a couple more 4-6 seeds, and then having **** all in terms of assets to rebuild with.

I respect that people might disagree, but man it just seems like it’s time if we want good assets to jumpstart a rebuild.

Last edited:
I think it's insane that a large percentage of this fanbase looks at this team and goes, "Man, the problem is Donovan Mitchell." You'll all crucify me, but I think Mitchell should dominate the ball more. With this roster, I understand it can't happen. But I wish we had a roster built around Mitchell and Goberts strengths, and could allow us to maximize their talents. We don't. The roster doesn't really compliment them at all.

Gobert is a zero-offense max center(I know, I know, David Locke tell me about his shooting percentage and his dunks--but here's the thing: those go away in crunch time) who is great, but easy for good teams to counter and make less effective. Then we just have a bunch of small guards who also need the ball in their hands. Our team has no diversity, no size, no athleticism. I think Mitchell and Gobert could be big parts of a championship team, but you have to really get the right pieces around them. We just didn't do that. And i don't think the franchise is going to get another chance. We have nothing to trade.

If we hadn't lost the Favors first rounder, we'd have had two first round picks to trade and maybe could have made a Grant trade happen. When you're trying to get to the championship level, there is just zero room for error. And there's been a lot of small errors. Death by a thousand cuts.

Man it really sucks we didn't just give Hayward his contract back in the day: we'd have had him for one extra year. If he plays that year with Mitchell, maybe he stays. It's always been a cruel joke what a perfect fit he would have been.

I’m not sure why more aren’t ready to tear this down to the studs. There’s nothing less desirable in the NBA than a treadmill team that’s maxed out and clearly isn’t good enough. This team has basic talent issues, mental toughness issues, AND team chemistry issues. They are a “good” team but just not any fun anymore.

Would much rather have the hope that comes with a young rebuilding team than waiting for this core to age out, enjoying a couple more 4-6 seeds, and then having **** all in terms of assets to rebuild with.

I respect that people might disagree, but man it just seems like it’s time if we want good assets to jumpstart a rebuild.
It’s the fact that we maxed out the credit cards to get to the place where it’s clearly topped out.

We truly did max out the credit cards. That’s why our choices are basically cash out everything now while guys still have positive trade value or ride this treadmill til it breaks down and get nothing out of it.

The question is, do you want to start the rebuild now with assets, or do it with no or much worse assets in a few years? If you all look deep into your souls you know this to be the case. The ****ups that lead to the present situation ensured that the bill is going to come due at some point — the only question is when do we want to pay it.

I am of the philosophy that you don’t delay making decisions today that you know you’ll have to make in the future. Take the lumps now, get better assets, and jumpstart and shorten the rebuild.

The Jazz will never do this because the story of this franchise is letting fear of not being good get in the way of pursuing greatness.

Last edited:
Gotta be honest. After the Jingles injury, then the trade my level for liking this team has dropped significantly. Donovan isn't clutch; can't take care of the ball to play the point. Conley went from all-star to pretty average.
Rudy Gay has been a giant flop.
Gobert is obviously getting tired of being the only defender.
Plus, half the team just takes off a third of the games due to pretty petty injuries, at least in real world terms. They lack the hard-working hustle attitudes, and they play entitled.
This team won't make it past the 2nd round, and I'd imagine some pretty serious roster changes are due.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Like, I totally share in his hate of the current iteration of the Jazz, but Oneye’s Mitchell-specific hate and doxxing people is just weird, man.
Doxxing people? Everything I post is publicly posted information. Sean’s name on Twitter is TheJazzyUte. His feed is not private in any way. Posts on here are not private and it’s not “doxxing” to say someone spends more time on here or whining than I ever dreamed of. I’ve made nothing public that wasn’t already public.

As for Donovan, well, I’ve been pretty clear on why I can’t stand him and why he is plenty to blame for the current iteration of the teams failures.

Last edited:

Now this, this is 100% right. It’s time to throw this miserable iteration of the team away. They have, and will accomplish nothing. The Deron/Boozer iteration of the Jazz accomplishes more.

I think it's insane that a large percentage of this fanbase looks at this team and goes, "Man, the problem is Donovan Mitchell." You'll all crucify me, but I think Mitchell should dominate the ball more. With this roster, I understand it can't happen. But I wish we had a roster built around Mitchell and Goberts strengths, and could allow us to maximize their talents. We don't. The roster doesn't really compliment them at all.

Gobert is a zero-offense max center(I know, I know, David Locke tell me about his shooting percentage and his dunks--but here's the thing: those go away in crunch time) who is great, but easy for good teams to counter and make less effective. Then we just have a bunch of small guards who also need the ball in their hands. Our team has no diversity, no size, no athleticism. I think Mitchell and Gobert could be big parts of a championship team, but you have to really get the right pieces around them. We just didn't do that. And i don't think the franchise is going to get another chance. We have nothing to trade.

If we hadn't lost the Favors first rounder, we'd have had two first round picks to trade and maybe could have made a Grant trade happen. When you're trying to get to the championship level, there is just zero room for error. And there's been a lot of small errors. Death by a thousand cuts.

Man it really sucks we didn't just give Hayward his contract back in the day: we'd have had him for one extra year. If he plays that year with Mitchell, maybe he stays. It's always been a cruel joke what a perfect fit he would have been.
Maybe Donovan has simply ran his course and people don’t like HIM.

We truly did max out the credit cards. That’s why our choices are basically cash out everything now while guys still have positive trade value or ride this treadmill til it breaks down and get nothing out of it.

The question is, do you want to start the rebuild now with assets, or do it with no or much worse assets in a few years? If you all look deep into your souls you know this to be the case. The ****ups that lead to the present situation ensured that the bill is going to come due at some point — the only question is when do we want to pay it.

I am of the philosophy that you don’t delay making decisions today that you know you’ll have to make in the future. Take the lumps now, get better assets, and jumpstart and shorten the rebuild.

The Jazz will never do this because the story of this franchise is letting fear of not being good get in the way of pursuing greatness.
There’s a chance you could trade Donovan for enough other pieces to continue competing. Rudy won’t hold enough trade value. If you could get say, someone like SGA, and a piece or two in a trade, you might could not totally rebuild, but as of right now, they’re at the doorstep.

There’s a chance you could trade Donovan for enough other pieces to continue competing. Rudy won’t hold enough trade value. If you could get say, someone like SGA, and a piece or two in a trade, you might could not totally rebuild, but as of right now, they’re at the doorstep.
I question whether you could get an SGA for a Donovan Mitchell? GM’s aren’t stupid particularly Sam Presti, I’m sure he’s well aware of Mitchell’s ineptitude in clutch time. Anyway, I’m pretty certain that SGA is the one piece that Presti won’t trade.

Other than that, I agree that moving the one piece is superior to blowing up the team. The Knicks would probably be more inclined to do a deal. Fournier and Barrett for Mitchell works on paper. That deal makes sense to me and with our surfeit of guards could also make Conley expendable if coach is willing to give Butler and maybe NAW a shot.

Donovan has had a bad year in the clutch. Thankfully, he's a damn good player during most of the rest of the game which keeps us relevant. And oh, in case you forgot, playoffs are what matters. Last I checked, he was our only hope the last few playoffs and will be this year too.

As for the future, it's going to be funny to watch all you guys gradually turn on your boy Rudy when he's making $40+ million a year and he's lost a step. He can't take over a playoff game and carry us to a playoff victory in his prime - wait until he's one of the worst financial anchors in the league.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app