What's new

Does anyone still like this team?

31 minutes, 6 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assist.

This team is going nowhere with this worthlessness 8 out of 10 nights starting.

Hate to say it, but we're not going to do **** in the Playoffs.

Rudy will play his heart out, Mitchell will have swing games where he's great one game and stinks the next, and the bench will get burned on defense and clank threes.

If the initial gameplan doesn't work and we're behind, the team craters because they are mentally weak. If the other team roughs us up a bit and knocks us off our sets, we can't take it because our team isn't physically tough. If they make strategical adjustments, we can't adjust because Quin is incapable of meeting that adjustment.

It's frustrating to watch this team. They are perfectly set up to fail, but also fail in the most miserable ways i.e. blowing gigantic game and series leads. It's been 3 years of this. The grass probably isn't greener on the other side, but I'm ready to watch a new team compete. This team is decent, very good even, but the inevitability of failure is so obvious it's not fun to watch.

Unfortunately, I'm not to thrilled about the new regime with Ryan and his cronies either. They've shown an incredible ability to turn draft picks into cash money savings...but beyond that not so much. I suppose the impact on the community has been a positive, but there's not much to be optimistic about as far as building a good basketball team.

If the initial gameplan doesn't work and we're behind, the team craters because they are mentally weak. If the other team roughs us up a bit and knocks us off our sets, we can't take it because our team isn't physically tough. If they make strategical adjustments, we can't adjust because Quin is incapable of meeting that adjustment.

It's frustrating to watch this team. They are perfectly set up to fail, but also fail in the most miserable ways i.e. blowing gigantic game and series leads. It's been 3 years of this. The grass probably isn't greener on the other side, but I'm ready to watch a new team compete. This team is decent, very good even, but the inevitability of failure is so obvious it's not fun to watch.

Unfortunately, I'm not to thrilled about the new regime with Ryan and his cronies either. They've shown an incredible ability to turn draft picks into cash money savings...but beyond that not so much. I suppose the impact on the community has been a positive, but there's not much to be optimistic about as far as building a good basketball team.
We don't always agree... but I'm with you here. The die is cast for this team and mistakes were made that are obvious and frustrating. So do we stick with it and "enjoy" some low 50 win seasons and some first round exits (insert some poster talking about how the Kings fans would LOVE that). Or do we look for a pivot with a leadership team I am growing less and less fond of with every predictable move.

Part of me is happy we have trader Danny because he likely won't just let Quin walk... he will get something back for him if he can. He also isn't afraid to trade key parts in callous ways if he has to. His drafting track record isn't great and I worry he's damaged too many relationships along the way that all things equal teams will do business with other GMs.

We needed to hit a home run on a mid to late first round pick... we ended up giving those picks up or squandering them with poor choices. Even if we avoided the Favs salary dump move we could have easily done the Derrick White trade which addresses so many needs and might help things fit together so much better. There was just a comedy of small errors that all added up to us being stuck between two really not fun paths right now.

Hate to say it, but we're not going to do **** in the Playoffs.

Rudy will play his heart out, Mitchell will have swing games where he's great one game and stinks the next, and the bench will get burned on defense and clank threes.

I think the Jazz can still take the 3rd seed and beat Denver in the 1st round. I would have thought the Jazz could beat Memphis in the 2nd round, as they did last year, but I'm now having second thoughts about it.

What surprises me is how important Joe Ingles was to our ball movement, shooting and overall toughness. The Jazz have effectively given Joe's on-ball minutes to Forrest much of the time, and it's been an abject disaster.

Last edited:
I think the Jazz can still take the 3rd seed and beat Denver in the 1st round. I would have thought the Jazz could beat Memphis in the 2nd round, as they did last year, but I'm now having second thoughts about it.

What surprises me is how important Joe Ingles was to our ball movement, shooting and overall toughness.
It shouldn’t surprise you. Joes on/off splits were insane for years and he was the ultimate glue guy. Ball mover when he needed to be but could also create and ramp up usage. He was one of our most important players.

Next game against CHA is more or less must-win. Jazz now need to match Dallas win for win from here.

The good news is that the BRK and BOS games were the toughest remaining on the Jazz's schedule, and the Jazz didn't lose the 4th seed.

Next game against CHA is more or less must-win. Jazz now need to match Dallas win for win from here.

The good news is that the BRK and BOS games were the toughest remaining on the Jazz's schedule, and the Jazz didn't lose the 4th seed.
I've tried not to care about seeding or matchup this year, because every time I have done that in the past we always end up with the worst possible matchup however unlikely. I'm not even really paying attention to the standings right now, just watching the games and hoping for glimpses of greatness that excite me for the playoffs.

It shouldn’t surprise you. Joes on/off splits were insane for years and he was the ultimate glue guy. Ball mover when he needed to be but could also create and ramp up usage. He was one of our most important players.
I gave up hope on the season when Joe went down, realizing how important he was to our team. Our best chance at a great team was him putting it together by playoff time.

I've somehow moved on and still have dumb hope like a stupid homer fan.

I've tried not to care about seeding or matchup this year, because every time I have done that in the past we always end up with the worst possible matchup however unlikely. I'm not even really paying attention to the standings right now, just watching the games and hoping for glimpses of greatness that excite me for the playoffs.

The Jazz are a very matchup-dependent team. If the Jazz play Denver or Minnesota in the 1st round and Memphis in the 2nd round, that will give them their best chance of advancing to the WCF. The Jazz probably aren't going to show glimpses of greatness unless they have all their players, they're well rested and they're motivated. However, they should still be good enough to win 6 or 7 more games.

We don't always agree... but I'm with you here. The die is cast for this team and mistakes were made that are obvious and frustrating. So do we stick with it and "enjoy" some low 50 win seasons and some first round exits (insert some poster talking about how the Kings fans would LOVE that). Or do we look for a pivot with a leadership team I am growing less and less fond of with every predictable move.

Part of me is happy we have trader Danny because he likely won't just let Quin walk... he will get something back for him if he can. He also isn't afraid to trade key parts in callous ways if he has to. His drafting track record isn't great and I worry he's damaged too many relationships along the way that all things equal teams will do business with other GMs.

We needed to hit a home run on a mid to late first round pick... we ended up giving those picks up or squandering them with poor choices. Even if we avoided the Favs salary dump move we could have easily done the Derrick White trade which addresses so many needs and might help things fit together so much better. There was just a comedy of small errors that all added up to us being stuck between two really not fun paths right now.

I don't think there's anything wrong with celebrating 50 wins. Certainly not someone who is championship or bust. There's just something about this team that's so frustrating....frustrating isn't the right word. It's more embarrassing. The Jazz are fake contenders, everyone knows it, and they back it up by losing in humiliating fashion. Moreover, it's been the mostly the exact same team as it's been for years. You can't point to anything about this roster as a true glimmer of hope other than thinking that lightning can't strike twice and things will be better. But even then, lightning did strike twice with this team in the playoffs. If we did something like trade for Powell and Covington our chances might not be any better, but at least that provides some copium.

I'm sure there will be some time in the future where we miss how good this team is and how well they've played at times. Mitchell and Gobert in particular are really great players and you rarely ever have the opportunity to have two guys of this caliber. I also think these past three years are the best chance we can expect to win the title in decades. Getting to this level certainly isn't guaranteed....

But in this moment....yeah I don't really care it they blow it up. Anything but another year where we set ourselves up for predictable, embarrassing, and humiliating defeat.

We've been figured out. If you punch us in the mouth we run away crying and pout in the corner while you do whatever the hell you want to. We have shown we struggle to play with intensity, and if the other team gets out and comes at us hard then we wilt. Sad.

The Jazz are a very matchup-dependent team. If the Jazz play Denver or Minnesota in the 1st round and Memphis in the 2nd round, that will give them their best chance of advancing to the WCF. The Jazz probably aren't going to show glimpses of greatness unless they have all their players, they're well rested and they're motivated. However, they should still be good enough to win 6 or 7 more games.
I don't necessarily disagree. I was just saying that for me personally I have been burned too many times in the past hoping for the standings to go a certain way for a specific match up. This year I'm choosing to not pay attention so I have one less disappointment in my life.

What surprises me is how important Joe Ingles was to our ball movement, shooting and overall toughness. The Jazz have effectively given Joe's on-ball minutes to Forrest much of the time, and it's been an abject disaster.
Dont forget how important Niang was to spacing and just overall intelligent team play.

So the regular season ends in just over 2 weeks, and the Jazz still haven't given Forrest a standard contract. That's a bit surprising considering that he's one of Quin's guys.

So the regular season ends in just over 2 weeks, and the Jazz still haven't given Forrest a standard contract. That's a bit surprising considering that he's one of Quin's guys.
Again... it isn't surprising given the rules. He is paid a minimum salary when he is up with the Jazz... so he is making what he should... but they don't have to pay tax on the salary until they convert it. So they will wait until the last possible moment to do so... or maybe Ainge keeps him on a two-way because he doesn't want him available for the post season. Its a penny pinching loophole this year, but it is actually one that is smart to use.

The team's management of its finances particularly toward the bottom of the roster is just baffling. The front office has no problem spending money like a drunken sailor on the top half when free agency starts. Then they behave like Scrooge when it comes to lesser players.