What's new

Does anyone still like this team?

Incorrect. Not everyone is like you. If they get bounced in round 1 or 2 I will keep going to work, going to the gym, going fishing, bbq'ing, going on vacations, watching movies, spending time with my family, going swimming, going ice skating, playing video games and reading books. Its just basketball you moody weirdo.
And guess what? If they win the championship then I will continue doing all those same things this summer. Only difference would be that I would get to enjoy watching this awesome team play some more games.
I spend far less time on here than most of you, many of you just don't like the way I spend my time that I do on here. You have 65,000 posts, I have 3,600. Something tells me you'll spend more time on here and I'll spend time doing those things more than you lol. Like I said, enjoy this failure and unlikable iteration of the franchise getting bounced again in round 1 or 2, and then enjoy the rumors, because they're gonna be non-stop and all surrounding the high maintenance baby and diva when he starts crying all summer behind the scenes to people and leaking nonsense that he doesn't want to be here.

You hate our star player, yet spend enormous amount of time following him all over the social media's and posting billion messages about him and you think that a team is a bust. What the hell do you watch it all for and post so much about it?
I follow lots of Jazz pages, and sports pages. So yes, I see it.

What does "the goal" have to do with whether or not I enjoy watching this team play?

Every player, coach, and administrator says their aiming for a championship. Quinn's rotations (minimal time developing players) confirm this. There will be 9 teams in the league, minimum, that have this goal and don't achieve it. Why should that stop me from enjoying what I can?

I'll be going to DieCon and my monthly board game meetings, teaching 8 credit hours in the evening (meaning 16 hours per week), and keeping a 40-hour day job. My summer schedule's packed.

So, basically a sports team like 28 other NBA teams?

As opposed to the highly meaningful playoffs other teams will have?
Yes, because some teams aren't total pretenders, don't have an insufferable baby of a star, and many are actually building towards something. We are turning our wheels, and delaying the inevitable for essentially nothing but continuing to spin our wheels. Rip off the band-aid, trade our douche of a star before he demands it, and move towards trying to build a team that has a legitimate shot at winning a title, but mainly trade our loser of a star.

Yes, because some teams aren't total pretenders,
Sorry, but that doesn't give the playoffs any more meaning.

delaying the inevitable for essentially nothing but continuing to spin our wheels.
People like you said the same thing about the Jazz in 1994. A few years later, they went to the finals in consecutive years. No one really knows what our ceiling is.

I spend far less time on here than most of you, many of you just don't like the way I spend my time that I do on here. You have 65,000 posts, I have 3,600. Something tells me you'll spend more time on here and I'll spend time doing those things more than you lol. Like I said, enjoy this failure and unlikable iteration of the franchise getting bounced again in round 1 or 2, and then enjoy the rumors, because they're gonna be non-stop and all surrounding the high maintenance baby and diva when he starts crying all summer behind the scenes to people and leaking nonsense that he doesn't want to be here.
You were one suggesting just sitting on the couch miserable after the jazz finish the season. I was simply pointing out that isn't how everyone else rolls. I enjoy my life when the jazz lose and when they win. I dont pout about it. Btw im going fishing a week from today and on a cruise soon after that. And I will still post here and follow the jazz. Im super good at multi tasking.

Sorry, but that doesn't give the playoffs any more meaning.

People like you said the same thing about the Jazz in 1994. A few years later, they went to the finals in consecutive years. No one really knows what our ceiling is.
I didn't, because the franchise had top tier stars that were actually committed to the franchise.

Just like Don and Rudy.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
Well the commitment part is true of one of them, neither are top tier stars. Stockton and Malone would have won more than one title with the talent these two are playing with. Karl Malone, despite all his personal faults was one of the top 10 greatest basketball players to ever grace this planet and became the 2nd (now 3rd) most scoring player in NBA history and did it on 500 fewer shots in an era with no 3’s than Lebron who just passed him. Neither Rudy nor Donovan is near that level, and only one of them actually wants to be in Utah and gives a **** about winning a title here.

Well the commitment part is true of one of them, neither are top tier stars. Stockton and Malone would have won more than one title with the talent these two are playing with. Karl Malone, despite all his personal faults was one of the top 10 greatest basketball players to ever grace this planet and became the 2nd (now 3rd) most scoring player in NBA history and did it on 500 fewer shots in an era with no 3’s than Lebron who just passed him. Neither Rudy nor Donovan is near that level, and only one of them actually wants to be in Utah and gives a **** about winning a title here.
Although our FO failed in supporting them, we don't know if Stockton and Malone would have won a title with the current roster.

Malone was incredible, but would he dominate in today's game? Sure LeBron has taken 500 more shots but do you realize Malone took 2,500 more free throws?

Through 5 years together, Don and Rudy have both been loyal servants to our Utah Jazz. Stop spreading your lies.

Although our FO failed in supporting them, we don't know if Stockton and Malone would have won a title with the current roster.

Malone was incredible, but would he dominate in today's game? Sure LeBron has taken 500 more shots but do you realize Malone took 2,500 more free throws?

Through 5 years together, Don and Rudy have both been loyal servants to our Utah Jazz. Stop spreading your lies.

You’ve seen Karl Malone at like age 60 right?….Would he have dominated? Lol.

So does every team that doesnt win have a FO that fails? I would say that FO and coaching staff did a great job of staying the course and getting them to the finals given the constraints they had from the Millers. And I in no way fault the Millers for managing their checkbook the way they did.

So does every team that doesnt win have a FO that fails? I would say that FO and coaching staff did a great job of staying the course and getting them to the finals given the constraints they had from the Millers. And I in no way fault the Millers for managing their checkbook the way they did.
Technically the answer to that question is yes. If they don't win, that is a fail on the entire organization. Only one FO a year gets to be the one that doesn't fail.

I wasn't sure where this belongs, but thought it was interesting:

I saw that too, but it makes no sense at all. The Lakers were the top seed by a wide margin in 2000. I suppose they could have tried to avoid the Jazz the next two years: in 2001 the Lakers finished 2nd and Jazz 4th and Shaq missed 8 games; in 2002 the Lakers finished 3rd and the Jazz 8th and Shaq missed 15 games, but they’d already won a title by then and the Jazz were clearly on the decline.

Every good team that doesn't win the title has a failing FO. In addition, any team with multiple Hall of Famers that doesn't win at least one title is a massive failure.

We were both. We knew what we had and still had to rely on Eisley, Russell, Ostertag and other subpar rotation players.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

Every good team that doesn't win the title has a failing FO. In addition, any team with multiple Hall of Famers that doesn't win at least one title is a massive failure.

We were both. We knew what we had and still had to rely on Eisley, Russell, Ostertag and other subpar rotation players.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
That may be one of the most overly simplistic statements I have heard on this board and that is saying a lot.

That may be one of the most overly simplistic statements I have heard on this board and that is saying a lot.
Some people think that 29 teams are failures every year. You know, every team that doesn't win the title. I don't buy into that.

The word "good" carries a lot of weight in my statement. If a FO has a "good" team going into the offseason and/or trade deadline and doesn't make the moves necessary to play and win a title, then that is a FO failure in my opinion.

For me, a "bad" or "average" team's FO can have a passing season depending on development and moves that support improvement.