What's new

Does Dennis Lindsey get canned if this season is botched?

Shad

Whether we don't make the playoffs due to injuries, being bad, or whatever the reason is. Do you see Lindsey getting the boot if we don't make it to the playoffs this year and/or Gordon leaving for nothing the following off-season?

I don't see it. The FO has shown that they're willing to roll with Dennis Lindsey's plan for years to come. If we can all agree that he's putting a team on the table that should make the playoffs next year we'd have to point fingers elsewhere imo.

Definitely not. That being said, if we do NOT make the playoffs this year, this season will have been a complete disaster.

Actually I think DL gets GM of the year this year because of the ascent of the Jazz as a top echelon team this year.Jazz will be the top NBA defense this year and a offense that starts to click with the growth and maturation of all their young players at once.

It's weird how we treat Lindsey. He took a team with two all stars, a 20/10 center, three top ten picks and turned it into a team that hasn't made the playoffs in years...and we cheered him the whole way.

Lindsey's legacy is Exum. If Exum doesn't pan out, Lindsey was a colossal failure. If Exum becomes a star, then Lindsey is a genius.

I don't think Lindsey is going anywhere this year or next. BUT, if we don't make the playoffs I could see Hill and Hayward leaving and we'd be screwed at that point. We'd have to move Favors and tank again.

Big year for Utah.

Oh, and he had Horny on the bench who won more games as a head coach with less talent than any team Lindsey has had.

If we don't make the playoffs this year it's because one or some of the players take a serious downturn or injuries derail us. Neither of which have any effect on DL

Actually I think DL gets GM of the year this year because of the ascent of the Jazz as a top echelon team this year.Jazz will be the top NBA defense this year and a offense that starts to click with the growth and maturation of all their young players at once.
This
Boom

It's weird how we treat Lindsey. He took a team with two all stars, a 20/10 center, three top ten picks and turned it into a team that hasn't made the playoffs in years...and we cheered him the whole way.

Lindsey's legacy is Exum. If Exum doesn't pan out, Lindsey was a colossal failure. If Exum becomes a star, then Lindsey is a genius.

I don't think Lindsey is going anywhere this year or next. BUT, if we don't make the playoffs I could see Hill and Hayward leaving and we'd be screwed at that point. We'd have to move Favors and tank again.

Big year for Utah.

Because this is a bad summary IMO.

We cheered Lindsey because that team was actually a team with 0 all stars. Using them becoming all stars later, elsewhere and framing others as top 10 picks is disingenuous. The Jazz where going no where, everyone knew it. So he dismantled it and started fresh. That created a chance at a chip where no chance existed before.

As for legacy, his legacy will be if the Jazz win or not. It will not be tied to one player. If it was, it's not imo, than the argument could be made that Gobert is as big a part of that legacy as Exum.

Now, I agree that this is a big year, HUGE year. If we miss the playoffs than it is a failure and I agree that Hayward is gone.

Big year for Utah.
I'm kinda ambivalent on Lindsey, but he was hired in 2012 right?. Pretty sure we didn't have 2 all-stars on that team or a 20 and 10 center. We also missed the playoffs and everyone was screaming for the young guys to play. This is no doubt a big year for him tho.

No. The ownership has always shown large amounts of patience through tough times. They don't fire people quickly like other teams do.

When they demanded a trade. At which point Lindsay traded a max contract player for trash bags.

Also we would be in a baaaad place if we gave DWill that max contract. Great move, and weird point cause it was KOC.